collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Ornament Swap - all done!  (Read 13559 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Ornament Swap - Start shopping!
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »
Partner, do you like customs or alternate rehairs?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:26 PM »
Catching up on questions :blush:

Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?  If you have multiple fur babies do you have one in particular that is your <3 baby you would like something related to? Names and pictures of the fur children if you have them would be awesome!
Indoors I have 3 fur children - two dogs and a cat. They all have specific diets so no treats please.
Gremlin - Housecat 7 yr old
Spoiler

Dressed up for Christmas a couple of years ago (I'll have to update that!)
Gremlin thinks he's the boss of the house and likes to wear bow ties. He seems to have grown out of toys sadly :(

Pixie - Longhair Chihuahua 4 yr old
Spoiler

Not the best picture.. she'd just had a bath and was staring at Gremlin - they aren't the best of friends.
Pixie likes to get brushed and will occasionally wear clips in her hair.

Xia - Staffordshire Bull Terrier  7 months
Spoiler

Xia is still in her chewing stage.. at the moment her favourite "toy" is a dead tree branch -_-
She does also like sturdy rope toys but at the moment she'll find a way to destroy anything.
Ornaments reflecting them would probably be nice.

Partner, can you name some small things you typically like to receive as extras so I can get an idea of your likes? Ex: stickers, candy, jewelry, pens, lotion, etc?
Anything Adventure Time - especially stickers and anything to do with Lumpy Space Princess and BMO. I absolutely love peppermints and peppermint tea! I do like jewellery, but I have sensitive skin and can't wear silver-tone or any other toned base metals. I usually stick to solid sterling silver.
I love to paint so tiny tipped acrylic and/or water colour paint brushes would be great!

No thank you. I'm not adding to my MLP collection at all right now.
:fox:

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2014, 06:36:20 AM »
Partner, do you like customs or alternate rehair
Id LOVE one!!!! :D any pony, any Gen!!!! My favorite is G1 and G4.

Post Merge: November 07, 2014, 08:47:51 AM

Partner..... I have officially overspent! I found an adorable stuffed animal for you and something in the mall during a 25% off sale. I still wanna pick up some beautiful ornaments for you I saw yesterday! :sweat: Im spending more than my partner might spend on me, but I really want you to love your swap box!!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:48:24 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
Partner, do you like customs or alternate rehair
Sure! More inclined to customs than alt rehairs, though. Unless it's a g4 perfume puff styled rehair.

I'm off for the next four days! Hopefully I'll be able to get my partner some great extras and work on the handmade stuff :)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
Customs or Rehairs:  ;) Sure..! I don't have much room but I do have a Dainty army so any rehaired Dainty or alt Dainty of any kind is welcome :--)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
Oh drat! I just came back from a long break from the Arena because I remembered this swap. I'm well too late, but I participated in this last year and it's a fabulous swap! I hope you all have fun. :)

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »
Got you a few extras today, partner! I still need to find a few more things, though. I think I will start working on your crafted extra(s) today. We'll see how it goes! Lol

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »
updated some stuff! Man I've been super busy, but on the good side of things I'm just working on some extras and then my box is done. :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
sounds like most of you are doing great.  I am almost finished too.  It's a smaller box than I would normally make, but it has some very special ornaments in it.  So hopefully my partner likes it.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 08:23:01 PM »
sounds like most of you are doing great.  I am almost finished too.  It's a smaller box than I would normally make, but it has some very special ornaments in it.  So hopefully my partner likes it.
You make awesome boxes! I'm sure your partner will love it :).

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »
Extras Questions!!!!

1.Do you like scented holiday candles?
2. Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent)
3. Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??

To answer my questions:
1.yep!
2. heck yeah! Especially the smell!! GBM are sooo cute!
3. I love all 3- especially Rudolf!!

Almost entirely done shopping!!! Waiting to get paid to send gifts out! :3 Are we allowed to post a blurry spoiler pic of one of the ornaments?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:41:00 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:53 AM »
Rehairs are lovely. . .!  I especially love shy-pose Pegasus and Bowtie pose.  I do like simple color schemes, however, not a billion and one colors, or anything overly bright. 

1.Do you like scented holiday candles? - Depends, I like woody and earth scents.  Like Sandlewood, Argan and Aloeswood.  I don't like sweet and cloying and I'm burnt on the holiday cinnamon craze, and also anything pumpkin. 
2. Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent) Not really.
3. Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??   Nope, sorry.  ^^

I've got most of my extra shopping done, but I've not yet picked out any ornaments.  My area has not yet gotten much in stock, unfortunately.  I went in time to try to use my JoAnne's coupon, and there was barely twenty ornaments to choose from and nothing at all was pretty and striking.  :/  I actually didn't buy a thing. . .  Went to Target today, same story, just nothing special. World Market looks like they just have the same ornaments they had last year which was all the more disappointing. . .!  I have some hand-made ornaments in the works, but I've not yet started.  I'm going to do another of my origami filled ornaments, I think, I hope it will be to your liking, partner.  I don't have the supplies to do my sequin ornaments, unfortunately, and to restock would mean I wouldn't be able to get my partner any fancy store ornaments.  I want my partner's box to be special, so I'm biding my time until I can find the RIGHT ornaments! :D

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2014, 05:32:28 AM »
Been searching high and low for the PERFECT ornament,I think I have found it but I want to think about it for a few days so im 100% sure lol
Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?
I have a cat named Melmin but he doesn't really need anything lol x

Partner, can you name some small things you typically like to receive as extras so I can get an idea of your likes? Ex: stickers, candy, jewelry, pens, lotion, etc?
Stationary is always welcome,sweets,tea,really anything you'd like to send me I would love x

love them x

1.Do you like scented holiday candles?
yes love them currently burning a spiced apple one x

2. Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent)
All three lol gingerbread men are a fav a Christmas

3. Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??
Rudolf closely followed by Frosty x

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2014, 05:49:28 AM »
I am feeling a bit indecisive about one specific extra, and I was hoping my partner could help me out a little bit. I bought two and I can't decide which one you would like better. I obviously won't tell you what it is, but just thinking your general taste, would you prefer

A pink, cute, but maybe a tad childish one, or one in black and white but with an interesting comic strip?

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2014, 06:54:54 AM »
I am feeling a bit indecisive about one specific extra, and I was hoping my partner could help me out a little bit. I bought two and I can't decide which one you would like better. I obviously won't tell you what it is, but just thinking your general taste, would you prefer

A pink, cute, but maybe a tad childish one, or one in black and white but with an interesting comic strip?

I think they would be happy with either! Im sure most people here love comic books, and I dont think the ornament would be a tad childish! We are on a forum where we talk about pastel pony toys after all! xD Im sure they will love either! I think black and white would match trees better than pink, but the pink one is probably extremely cute! You could always flip a coin!

Also to my secret partner!! I hands-down found you the BEST ornament!! Like way better than the other ones I picked out! I will buy it on payday because its expensive but I know you will want to own it!! You are going to LOVE this box I want you to have it as sooon as its finished! I have definitely overspent on this swap, but I want you to be so happy!
:frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal