collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 for atleast 5 more years!  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
G4 for atleast 5 more years!
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
"Webcast is over and an executive said the following, that MLP will last five more years. If we assume one season per year we can expect at least five more seasons. To clarify this is only an assumption! As mentioned by others the current generation could last five years but not the show. Expect a lot more pony in the future! " - EQD

Woah not only will there be a season 5 but more seasons too! Whoop so excited! I wonder if the toy line will be able to survive that long what do you guys think, I couldn't stand 5 years of mane 6... they better start with new characters!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:28:44 PM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G4 for atleast 5 more years!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
I don't think the toy line or the show could last five more years without making some major changes to keep it fresh. We'll see how it goes, but if they don't throw me a bone soon I'll be going back to G1, then moving on to something else entirely; I have little interest in the show and without any new brushables there's nothing for me to look forward to.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »
I highly doubt they'll stick with Friendship is Magic all five of those years.  Because a 9 or 10 year run is practically impossible for a cartoon and the end result typically doesn't look so great.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
 i bet here going to cancel out the ponys and make  it  exlcusively   equstria dolls and  blind bags.

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »
Aww, I was hoping G5 was going to start within the next few years. Not that I don't like G4, I just feel like it's time for something new already.

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:11:02 PM »
Spoiler
Well for one thing to keep it fresh is it sounds like the rainbow kingdom will be tying into the show somehow, which I think is the mane 6s kingdom, rainbow because of their colors. The writers are pretty amazing some I like better than others of course, but I think they will be able to keep it fresh as long as they involve new characters, locations, story, etc.

For Sale Wants

CottonTALE

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:45 PM »
What I think is going to happen, is that they are probably going to have to do a "x-number of years later" thing and start with some new characters.

Or the show is going to end and they will continue just making toys for the remaining years until Gen 5 comes out.

CottonTALE

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
Possibly the mane 6 growing up and taking Princess Luna and Celestias place, and a new mane 6 begins including Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Drops and another earth, uni, and pegasus.
I think you mean Sweetie Belle :P

but if that was the direction of the show, I'd like to see Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo. Plus Babs Seed moving to ponyville and Star Dreams from the toy line. And as a far toss, Peachy Petal the pegasus

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:53 PM »
Possibly the mane 6 growing up and taking Princess Luna and Celestias place, and a new mane 6 begins including Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Drops and another earth, uni, and pegasus.
I think you mean Sweetie Belle :P

but if that was the direction of the show, I'd like to see Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo. Plus Babs Seed moving to ponyville and Star Dreams from the toy line. And as a far toss, Peachy Petal the pegasus

Wow I cannot speak today, I need to get some energy lol! I would rather not have those three and three totally new.. or the two mystery friends we haven't seen yet preferably one thats green!!! I don't think hasbro would like this though too much yellow, brown, and orange, not enough pink and purple!

For Sale Wants

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »
If they can improve the toy line, great.

But I really don't want to see a line that's losing steam after about 4 years get pushed and forced another five. I don't think it can last double its current time with the way it's currently going.

I was really hoping they would let it end on a more positive note, rather than run it into the ground, which I can easily see happening if they've already decided when they're going to LET it end rather than having it come to a more natural close.  :|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »
Aww, I was hoping G5 was going to start within the next few years. Not that I don't like G4, I just feel like it's time for something new already.

~Jennifer
It is possible to do something new within the generation (which is really just the style of toy.)  I personally think there should be a companion series to Friendship is Magic (other than Equestria Girls which is just the same characters in different bodies) with a different cast of ponies.  Perhaps something TV-Y7 so they can tell a story that's a little more in depth to retain girl's interest in PONIES.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »

~Jennifer
It is possible to do something new within the generation (which is really just the style of toy.)  I personally think there should be a companion series to Friendship is Magic (other than Equestria Girls which is just the same characters in different bodies) with a different cast of ponies.  Perhaps something TV-Y7 so they can tell a story that's a little more in depth to retain girl's interest in PONIES.

Something more mature I'm all for, perhaps a show for adults and bronies!

For Sale Wants

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:22 PM »
 I think they could make the show for another couple of years. I still enjoy it, and my girls looooove it (we are going on three straight years of pony-themed birthday parties)  And I don't see why they need to necessarily redesign the ponies to move onto "G5" - I mean the G1 toys had a 10 year run.

And as kids now grow up and move onto other toys, there are kids coming up the ranks so-to-speak that would probably love ponies too.  I don't know if I would personally watch a pony show that was more geared towards adults.  To me that would seem bizarre.  The show now is fun and interesting, and above all, age appropriate for their target audience.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

tinyblondie

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »
The show doesn't interest me much lately, I'm hoping the season 4 finale will re-spark my interest. As far as toys go G4 is boring me so much, they have the occasional release than interests me then a few more months of 'meh'. I'm hoping for new and better toys like better quality plush (so far the only G4 plush I've been happy with are the Build a Bears) and *fingers crossed* Breezies! Flutter Ponies, Wingers and Breezies are my favorite creatures in the MLP universe and I think G4 Breezies would actually look super adorable, I feel like the Breezie concept design just works perfectly for G4 9G3 Breezies look like Kitties to me).

Honestly I'd love  the toys to be more like G3, even if its just in terms of size and quality. But more variety would be so much nicer as the mane 6 are boring. I stopped buying G3's around the core 7 time but even looking back on the, the core 7 releases were more interesting that the Mane 6 releases cause they had much better variety, even if Hasbro decide to stick to the mane 6 they could put more effort into the different kinds available, I'd really love to see TAF.

G1 was the best for variety I think and I think Hasbro should consider thinking about how much different stuff they used to release and trying some of those out. I feel like I'd like G4 alot more if they released brush able or plush Boy ponies, especially Big Mac (unlikely but if ever BAB release a Big Mac I will cry of happiness), FIM has so many lovely and interesting characters I dont understand why Hasbro dont create toys of them.

Overall, G4's just getting boring, the show is too slow going and the toys dont have enough variety. I think they need to stop having so many filler episodes, stop pushing Equestria Girls and start releasing more ponies or at least better variety's of the mane 6.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
They are going to have to do some changes to things. I walk down the pony isle in my town and they ponies are not moving much anymore.  I don't think parents are wanting to buy the same ponies over and over. I know that I would not for my daughter. I even stopped buying them cause they are the same ones. I wanted to get the second TRU collector set but did not cause I had almost all of the ponies already. So I am just going to wait till the prices go down on the ones that I don't have. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal