collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 for atleast 5 more years!  (Read 5354 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 for atleast 5 more years!
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »
Only if they make a Transformers show just for young women. They could call it "Transformers - Shipping is Magic".
Seriously, FiM started out targeted towards kids and their parents (parents are hopefully adult people). Later on more and more and mooore stuff for the bronies was thrown in. How much more pandering do you want?

:haha: Yes! And they would need to go to EQD for episode ideas, and pull random OCs from deviantart to ship with the Mane 6. Because those are the only ones who deserve them.

In all seriousness, I would totally be in for a more adventure oriented show that actually had a continuous plot instead of the episodic nature of FiM right now. I've really only caught the first 3 or 4 episodes of the newest season, and from the premiere I was so happy that they seemed to be doing an actual tied together plot, but from what people have said they've forgotten that they were supposed to have a goal. >.>

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
All this episode idea talk is giving me ideas... honestly I would like to see some episodes that feature just the princesses take some break from the mane 6! An episode in the crystal empire with Shining Armor and nothing to do with mane 6. Episode on Luna's magic restored transformation. Episodes on what happened to the Apple Families parents. More episodes in cloudsdale Fluttershy/Rainbows family? New character interaction I think it would be amazing if they started doing episodes with background characters and new characters. Such as an episode on Cloudchaer and Flitter, perhaps an adventure they went on together. There is so much they can do if they break away some from the "mane 6 stars" Anyways I think it would be awesome to see Spike turn into a pony and meet Rarity... pretend he is someone else. Griffons, Seaponies, Los Pegasus..... How about an episode on the cosmic council, or what Celestia did is Saddle Arabia? I do think they have a lot they can do if they get out of this mane 6 ponyville bs once in awhile! I am enjoying this season though, but its time for an adventure episode or LUNA episode!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:32:17 AM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
Why not make an adventure show for girls, like, I don't know... the G1 pilot :P
An all female MLP team having high fantasy adventures while retaining that MLP feel with strong friendship between girls and showing girls they can be strong and cool without having to immitate macho mannerisms ("I'm cool beause I hate frilly dresses and don't care about your feelings and also I have a raspy voice!" yadda yadda).
That's actually what I was thinking when I suggested a companion show.  Let's have some real adventure with real villains.  Girls like adventure and villains just as much as boys.

I hope you know my comment wasn't directed at you :)
I'm just sooo tired of bronies demanding a MLP show just for them. That just showcases how greedy this fandom can be. They get so many shout-outs, comics, characters, injokes, toys, Easter Eggs, meme refs and a**pats. They don't need an extra cartoon.
That's why I mentioned a TF show just for female fans. And us female TF fans get wayyy less recognition and goodies and love poems than male MLP fans get.
All this separation sucks to begin with. We don't need a second FiM that caters directly to male, adult brony needs.
This fanbase needs to stop looking down on things catered towards kids and girls in particular. This franchise's marketing needs to focus on taking girls seriously and giving them more than just the endless stream of fashion+superstar.
Higher stakes, a bit more adventure (and I mean adventure, not just stereotypical "action" with explosions and macho oneliners).

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »
Why not make an adventure show for girls, like, I don't know... the G1 pilot :P
An all female MLP team having high fantasy adventures while retaining that MLP feel with strong friendship between girls and showing girls they can be strong and cool without having to immitate macho mannerisms ("I'm cool beause I hate frilly dresses and don't care about your feelings and also I have a raspy voice!" yadda yadda).
That's actually what I was thinking when I suggested a companion show.  Let's have some real adventure with real villains.  Girls like adventure and villains just as much as boys.

I hope you know my comment wasn't directed at you :)
I'm just sooo tired of bronies demanding a MLP show just for them. That just showcases how greedy this fandom can be. They get so many shout-outs, comics, characters, injokes, toys, Easter Eggs, meme refs and a**pats. They don't need an extra cartoon.
That's why I mentioned a TF show just for female fans. And us female TF fans get wayyy less recognition and goodies and love poems than male MLP fans get.
All this separation sucks to begin with. We don't need a second FiM that caters directly to male, adult brony needs.
This fanbase needs to stop looking down on things catered towards kids and girls in particular. This franchise's marketing needs to focus on taking girls seriously and giving them more than just the endless stream of fashion+superstar.
Higher stakes, a bit more adventure (and I mean adventure, not just stereotypical "action" with explosions and macho oneliners).
I could go for that! As long as it's not the dark-n-gritty kind of adventure that's totally unsuitable for kids.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
Nah, I was thinking along the lines of the kind of adventure presented in the FiM two-parters. Maybe with a little bit of G1 pilot thrown in because kids love it when things get a little scary. Just look at how well the wedding two-parter was perceived! And that had some real danger and a creepy-looking villain.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
Nah, I was thinking along the lines of the kind of adventure presented in the FiM two-parters. Maybe with a little bit of G1 pilot thrown in because kids love it when things get a little scary. Just look at how well the wedding two-parter was perceived! And that had some real danger and a creepy-looking villain.

Completely agree, two parters and the pilot are the best. And the MLP Movie! We need more like that. I hope at some point we get a real MLP FIM movie makes me sad that EGQ gets more cant think of the word.. um screentime, viewers, uhh what is it.  Wider audience no uhh can't think of it. Even some of my friends were like theres a pony movie in the theater I'm just like ughhhh no. not a pony movie. They think it's the same thing gives MLP FIM a bad impression...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:49:59 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
I don't think EQG is bad, but I hate how much Hasbro is hiding behind this "it's MLP for preteens and was inspired by cosplay" excuse. No, Hasbro, we all know it's you attempt to cash in on Monster High. You don't want to do anything for girls, you just wanted to have a fashion doll line with crazy shoes.

The problem is that they (Hasbro) had such an amazing fashion doll line with Jem and the Holograms. I wish they'd reboot Jem... that show had some great characters and actually handled many mature themes like suicide and abuse and that was geared towards the exact same audience EQG is now geared towards.
I would like EQG if it wasn't such a washed out, play-it-safe sorta thing.
I'm into dolls, I wanted to buy some EQGs when the concept was first announced, but after seeing them - nah. After seeing the movie - lol.
My money goes once again to Mattel.

If they don't go back to FiM's roots and if they don't change something in the toy line, my money will go to Mattel forever because they just keep on improving their "teenage girl" repertoire, it's a delight :lol:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
Equestria Girls is also Hasbro just not wanting to bother to make actual ponies interesting to preteens and teens.

Right now MLP is expanding because they're expanding the brand geographically.  They're eventually going to need to expand it demographically (and Equestria Girls is not expanding the MLP brand but just slapping a name on something completely different) to keep growth up.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal