collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 36088 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #600 on: June 04, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
I'm a good, pale and freckled Irish girl, and my mom always hunted down redheaded barbies for me when I was a child because I wanted dolls that looked like me.

It's nice to see that redheaded characters are much more prevalent these days. I grew up with the best one: Pippi Långstrump ;)

But there weren't redheads to play with (not that I was much interested in dolls when I was young).
The only one I remember was Disney's Little Mermaid and she didn't have freckles at all.
They're still holding back with freckles, I think. Somehow they're only tolerated when spread out over the nose and nowhere else.

Something is certain with EAH: they don't have the excuse anymore that "Draculaura isn't white, she's pink!" if you know what I mean. This time the characters are clearly human and will need skin tones according to that. I'm optimistic when thinking of the white girls' skin tones.
Making them all pale like Apple would go too much against the character design.

i feel like Cerise is supposed to be of asiatic descent but it doesn't come across very well

"But she's French not Asian!" (<-- legit saw this complaint somewhere around tumblr)
Because, you know, there are no Asian people living in Europe :nuts:

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
I'm a good, pale and freckled Irish girl, and my mom always hunted down redheaded barbies for me when I was a child because I wanted dolls that looked like me.

It's nice to see that redheaded characters are much more prevalent these days. I grew up with the best one: Pippi Långstrump ;)

But there weren't redheads to play with (not that I was much interested in dolls when I was young).
The only one I remember was Disney's Little Mermaid and she didn't have freckles at all.
They're still holding back with freckles, I think. Somehow they're only tolerated when spread out over the nose and nowhere else.

I loooved Pippi Longstocking (assuming she's the same gal with gravity defying pigtails) when I was young! And of course they ignore freckles still; they're the devil's kisses, or so Puritans insisted during witch hunts.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
Can we let the race thing go long enough to see what the dolls are even going to look like. I don't come here to read page after page of complaints! I'd like to actually see news about the line!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »
Can we let the race thing go long enough to see what the dolls are even going to look like. I don't come here to read page after page of complaints! I'd like to actually see news about the line!

That's how I felt the day it was announced. That's all I read on tumblr that day as well as the incest/bestiality thing. It's definitely an issue, but it's not something I want to keep reading over and over and over again.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »
Annnd thirded.  If it really is all that offensive start a WYP thread

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
(The Cerise Hood "child of bestiality omgwtf!!!!!!" thing has been driving me NUTS on tumblr. GUYS, y'all are MH fans too, where the WEREWOLVES ARE HUMANOID. Why can you not just carry that over into your EAH headcanon too please :facepalm:) /donenowjusthadtoletthatsteamoff
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
People have been going on about beastiality? Everyone I saw was simply amused by the prospect, not offended. But I think everyone I followed assumed a werewolf. And after all the earliest version I know of , it's a werewolf as the wolf.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #607 on: June 04, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
(The Cerise Hood "child of bestiality omgwtf!!!!!!" thing has been driving me NUTS on tumblr. GUYS, y'all are MH fans too, where the WEREWOLVES ARE HUMANOID. Why can you not just carry that over into your EAH headcanon too please :facepalm:) /donenowjusthadtoletthatsteamoff

There are webcomics...yeah, not going into any more detail.  If you have a dirty mind, you can probably imagine what the webcomics are like.  If you don't have a dirty mind, you probably DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Does anyone know who is running the "Ever After High Dolls" Facebook page?  They are stating a lot of things as fact and I am skeptical where they are getting their information.  They are saying that it's fact that there will be a Legacy Day version of each doll as well as it being fact that Kitty, Lizzie, and Hopper are characters for Ever After High.  I know the former is what a lot of us are hoping for and the latter is something a lot of us believe, but I just can't stand people stating theories as facts.  This is the same page that originally said the split shot of Ashlynn/Hunter was Gretel/Hansel and that Blondie was Alice.

Again, I am only referring to the "Ever After High Dolls" Facebook page, not the actual "Ever After High" Facebook page.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »
It's just a fan page, so I wouldn't take anything they without a boulder sized grain of salt. Unless there's solid proof it's all just speculation. However, I would think the chances of there being a legacy line are really good, mattel wouldn't go to the trouble in the webisodes and then waste outfits like that.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 04, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »
I can't wait for these new dollies to hit the shelves!  Truth be told, I'm itching for any new toys to hit my area shelves!!!  I went on the doll hunt today and found nothing new:(. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 04, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
I know Michelle, I miss the store hunting!

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 04, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
Everyone seems divided about new cupid, I actually think she's quite lovely.  Even if I'll probably replace those wings with the old bone wings and possibly an old cupid body if I miss that lace.  We don't even know how her doll looks yet and I'm already planning on frankensteining a perfect cupid for me :P

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 04, 2013, 06:25:27 PM »
I just saw one (MH Cupid) at TRU about a week ago- I think they are still be sold.  I recall that there were a million on amazon at some point but they seem to have hiked in price since that time.

I really hope the Ever After doll has actual feathered wings- but I am preparing myself for plastic.

I actually always thought that the daughter of Cupid would be a monster with bone wings-  I mean, why bones exactly?  Cupid certainly doesn't have bone wings. Who exactly was her mother ?

They gave her some more backstory. Apparently, she was left on Cupid's doorstep as a baby and he adopted her. One of the characters (Ghoulia, I believe) thinks she might be a Bone Elemental.  I am curious to see how she fits into EAH; will she actually come from the MH "dimension" and just be given a new look because of the world she inhabits? Or will her backstory change and be presented as a new character in the EAH storyline?

they never said who her mother was, but when at a museum on scaris, there is a statue of Venus (the goddess) and Cupid looks a lot like her, so we fans could speculate that she could well be the daughter or grandaughter of Venus.. or just, you know, related to her and Eros in some weird way.

Post Merge: June 04, 2013, 06:30:06 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't love Cupid's new look?  Her MH doll is one of my favorite designs, she's so elegant and creepy at the same time...and bone wings!  Those bone wings are my fav MH accessory ever!  I've bought several pairs of them just to have them for other dolls.  And...she's a rare bone elemental.  I really dislike the 'normal' feathered wings.  I'll have to wait and see what she looks like.

nope, i'm right there with you. So far i liked MH Cupid better. I think EAH Cupid is nice, but that's it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:30:06 PM by nassib »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »
I just saw one (MH Cupid) at TRU about a week ago- I think they are still be sold.  I recall that there were a million on amazon at some point but they seem to have hiked in price since that time.

I really hope the Ever After doll has actual feathered wings- but I am preparing myself for plastic.

I actually always thought that the daughter of Cupid would be a monster with bone wings-  I mean, why bones exactly?  Cupid certainly doesn't have bone wings. Who exactly was her mother ?

They gave her some more backstory. Apparently, she was left on Cupid's doorstep as a baby and he adopted her. One of the characters (Ghoulia, I believe) thinks she might be a Bone Elemental.  I am curious to see how she fits into EAH; will she actually come from the MH "dimension" and just be given a new look because of the world she inhabits? Or will her backstory change and be presented as a new character in the EAH storyline?

they never said who her mother was, but when at a museum on scaris, there is a statue of Venus (the goddess) and Cupid looks a lot like her, so we fans could speculate that she could well be the daughter or grandaughter of Venus.. or just, you know, related to her and Eros in some weird way.

Post Merge: June 04, 2013, 06:30:06 PM

Ooooh-  thanks so much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal