collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What playsets did you have in your childhood ponies?  (Read 5602 times)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What playsets did you have in your childhood ponies?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 05:32:15 PM »
I had.... Show Stable, Mail Order Pretty Parlor, Dream Castle, and the Waterfall. My mom put them all out for trash pick up oneday when I was in middle school. This is probably why I now hoard ponies and have trust issues. Lol

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 07:08:29 AM »
All of my collection was 2nd hand and the only playset of my own was the shell of the Perfume Puff Palace. My cousin had inherited her older sister's collection. I was always so jealous. She had the Show Stable, Slipper Sweet Shoppe, Lullabye Nursery, the Baby Bonnet School of Dance, and the Baby Buggy. The stable and sweet shop were left at our grandparents without accessories so we often just played with the shells.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:39:31 AM by nessa16 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:22 AM »
I always wanted that Castle-

But what I had was Peachy's stable. I really really liked it too- all the little accessories.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
I got the Show stable , Pretty Parlor, and the Dream Castle. I never got the Nursery though I really wanted it or the Waterfall. My parents didnt buy the Waterfall because they heard of the rust issue it had.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
I had Dream Castle first. My parents got it in the after Christmas sales and I had it for a birthday. Possibly fifth. Not sure without checking the photo albums. I really wanted it so was very excited by this!

Then I think I had Baby Bonnet School of Dance, a little later. And then Lullabye Nursery.

Show Stable and Grooming Parlour came in 1990 and both were second hand items my parents got from a big lot of pony stuff they bought to split between my sister and I.

That was it for my proper childhood. My friend had Paradise Estate, though, so I played with that often too. I still have the lamp from hers. She gave it to me when she gave me her ponies, so my PE has two lamps ;)

Later, on clearance, I got the School and the Kitchen, but I was older for those.

My sister had second hand Dream Castle and Lullabye Nursery, also Dance School from the above mentioned second hand lot in 1990, when she was three. She then had Perfume Puff Palace later on when things were on clearance.

I really wanted Crimp and Curl Hair Salon, but never had it till I was collecting :-/.  Also never had the Waterfall. It was a sort of mythical playset for me that I saw in comic collection photos but never in stores, because it was no longer out by the time I really got into MLP.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
We had the Grooming Parlour and the pink Baby Pony Stroller, both passed on from our cousin. I've still got both!!

Jules x
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:53:05 PM by Juliepants »

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »
I was lucky, my Mum got a lot of them nearly complete from an advert in the paper. So as a kid I had the Dream Castle, Show Stable, Lullabye Nursery, Hair salon, perfume Puff palace, blue grooming parlour, one of each uk carry case, Euro Show Stable, kitchen and schoolhouse. I also won the purple grooming parlour from a competition in the UK comic :) That was a very pleasant surprise :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »
Haha, I didn't have any. My sister and I just had one or two ponies when we were little.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Rainshower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 06:47:04 PM »
As a kid I had the crib, tub, mini pony cottage, bed and mini pony carousal sets. I wish they were still complete sets but over the years they got donated, broken or lost. I have some of the smaller pieces or ponies from each of these set but not complete. This is due to me mixing pony, Barbie and Grand Champion horses all together in play as a kid.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »
I didn't have any; I only had a few ponies to begin with. 

I do think I would have loved to own the Lullaby Nursery and Dream Castle, though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2016, 10:25:58 PM »
I had the pretty parlor, show stable, paradise estates, Satin slipper sweet shoppe, and the perfume puff palace!

I looooved playsets!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »
My mom found the Lullabye Nursery at a thrift store when I was seven or eight, but didn't buy it immediately; she picked my sister and I up from school and asked if we would play with it -- yes, we would! -- and we went back to the store and got it. It came with Baby Cuddles, Baby Tiddley Winks, Baby Firefly, and some of their accessories with Lullabye Nursery accessories mixed in, including the Baby Buggy; I also still remember finding Baby Surprise at the same time in a bin close to the cash register. Good memories :) That playset is one of the best. We used to take apart the sections to make individual apartments/homes for the ponies. And as a kid I thought the Baby Buggy handle was a harness, so a pony would pull it like a carriage, instead of a pushy thing. :lol:

We also requisitioned my sister's Fisher Price Dream Dollhouse for our ponies to live in and used boxes, G2 Pretty Parlors (we had several), my Littlest Pet Shop salon (in the mold of the Pretty Parlor), and a Grand Champion stable to make homes for our ponies.

I only had one, the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe....and as an adult I find it even more charming that it's a GIANT SHOE
Yeah, when I got older I realized that many of the playsets are giant human objects; I hadn't really thought about it before then! The Sweet Shop is a giant shoe, the Lullabye Nursery is a bunch of building blocks with a giant safety pin, the School of Dance is of course a baby bonnet, the Perm Shoppe is a vanity, the Perfume Palace is a perfume bottle . . . maybe they were taking a literal view of "My Little Pony" and running with it . . .   

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2016, 04:57:13 AM »
I got into ponies early, and they were my #1 toy for pretty much my entire childhood. They were top of the list for all Christmases, birthdays, and good report cards(if I brought home all As, I got to go to TRU for a mini spending spree - usually $50 or less), so I had a lot!

My first pony ever was Lemondrop in her Show Stable for Christmas:p
I got the Pretty Parlor from my Aunt when we went to stay with her on vacation.
The nursery was a birthday present.
Cuddles's buggy was my first good report card playset.
I did really well the next year and got the Dream Castle.
The waterfall was a Christmas gift one year.
The Perm Shoppe, Sweet Shoppe, princess Buggy, and ballet studio were all report card rewards over several years.
The Paradise Estate was one of the most amazing Christmas gifts I ever got!
The tub was a thoughtful birthday gift from a good friend of mine.

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2016, 05:53:24 AM »
AH, I was so blessed with Pony stuff :)

Show Stable
Buggy - one of my most played with toys - my older brother was always Cuddles and we made her a him. I still have it!
Nursery - I do remember getting this on Christmas morning, and was SO excited. I still have this one, though it's in pretty rough shape.
Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe
Ballet Studio
Paradise Estate - the BEST Christmas present ever!! It somehow got lost when my parents were moving from my childhood home (I was already an adult by then and thought it was safely in the attic...I have no idea where it went  :( )
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »
The only playset I ever owned was the show stable. I loved it so much. It was the first playset I bought when I started collecting as an adult. Now I have two.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal