collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 631
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Hello \ o/  (Read 532 times)

Takoto

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello \ o/
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
Hello! I'm Takoto.

Personal: My life mainly revolves around looking at art, drawing, video games and anime, and sometimes comic and cartoons. I spend most of my time drinking tea and doodling. I also like to say I'm a cat, I have a deep love of cats. But in truth I love every animal. I'm a girl, though I'm genderfluid, so I sometimes identify as male... more often than not I identify as male. Sorry if that's confusing!! ;;

Age: 17, turning 18 in a week and a half, on August 17th.

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I just finished college, and am going hopefully to art University starting late September- depending on my results in my exams- which I get the day before my birthday. UK college and Uni are different to US college/Uni so sorry if this confuses anyone xD;

Who are the important people in your life? My Mum and my brother and my boyfriend, and my best friends. I have a small network of friends who've I've met on other forums, who I see at least twice a year, who live all across the UK (and Europe xD)

Ponies: Is this favourite ponies? Ah, my favourite of the older generations is Minty. I think her design is adorable. I used to have a Minty pony when I was younger, but I think my Mum threw it out many many years ago which is a shame. When I got into the current gen, I saw a picture of Minty and the design looked SO familiar I swear I had one!

As for the current generation, Princess Luna. I love characters with dark designs, incorporating colours like purple (my favourite colour) and blue (and also greens but Luna has no green on her xD). I desperately want a Luna toy, however they aren't being sold in the UK yet to the best of my knowledge and I don't have the money right now to get one from the US or China.
Other than her, I also like Twilight Sparkle (my colour scheme bias is showing, isn't it?)

I also love the design of a small Blind Bag figure- Tealove. Due to my love of tea and like of the colour green, I've ended up purchasing two of her online xD She's so cute!!

How long have you been collecting? I used to collect when I was very young, but most of my older-gen ponies have long since been thrown out. There are a few still lying about hidden in my house but I've yet to find them. I'm clearing our my bedroom soon so hopefully I should come across some.
I started collecting properly about two years or so ago, I brought a Twilight Sparkle toy. At that point I don't think I'd started watching Friendship is Magic or anything, but afterward I started to watch it. I think, at least.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? Mostly G4, but if I see a pre-G4 pony with a design I like, I'll try to get ahold of it.

What made you want to collect ponies? The fact they were adorable. It sounds like a silly/simple reason, but I have a soft spot for cutesy things. I've never really been too into horses and ponies and equines, but MLP was always something I had an interest in because it was... well, cute. It was the only "girly" thing I ever liked.
Recently though, seeing them everywhere in shops made me take an interest, then watching the show made me realize I quite liked them. It wasn't until recently I started going out of my way to get ponies. I was actually very nervous at first, to join the whole "brony" idea, I was worried my less-close friends would stop talking to me, but a very close brony friend of mine helped me get over that and realize that was totally silly and being myself was best. So since then I've been buying ponies whenever I can!

...which granted isn't too much as I have very little money...

Tell us about your collection! I only have G4 ponies right now in the smaller size- Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, etc. the "mane6" of the FiM show. I also have Lily Blossom, and will be getting Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie for my birthday! I have a Princess Cadance brushable, which I brought off eBay from someone in China (I assume it's a prototype or off the factory line).
I also have several Blind Bag toys. I even brought some from America (Minty and Bumblesweet, if I remember right, and two Tealoves).

I'm looking for Honeybuzz small brushable and ANY Luna toy I can get my hands on right now ; _; and maybe a :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo custom (as the Comic-Con Exclusive is WAY too expensive for me online...)

Other than MLP, I also collect anime figurines, and plushies of the "Nemuneko" (sleepy cat) brand. My Mother casual-collects Hello Kitty merchandise :3

Thank you for reading!!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Hello \ o/
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :hamster: Good luck finding a Honeybuzz! It shouldn't be too hard I think!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Takoto

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »
Thanks!

She's pretty rare around where I live. I've only seen her once, and I had absolutely no money on me that time. Ahaha;; But hoping I can find a reasonably priced one online at some point that ships to the UK~

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
I think they are all sold out around here now but I'll keep my eyes open. Check out the sale forum or post in wanted though. I'm sure someone has one. :happy:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello \\ o/
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Welcome aboard! We love any and all pony collectors here, so never fear! I know I can get a little embarrassed with my pony stuff now and then, being that I'm 33 years old and still collecting toys, but everyone needs a hobby! And I've found so many other collectors here, the sheer volume of them makes any feelings of embarrassment or awkwardness disappear! And if there is one thing I've learned from cartoons, its that being yourself is far more comfortable than trying to be something different! So, again, WELCOME! We love to have you!  :frolic: :happy:

Post Merge: August 07, 2012, 05:07:07 PM

Ooo, I didn't grab Honeybuzz for my own collection, I'm only collecting a select few G4s, but I just saw one at the Kmart by me, they're a little over priced so they have a bunch of the old releases still on the shelf. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if I can grab it for you!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:07:07 PM by MnDancer »
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Takoto

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
I think they are all sold out around here now but I'll keep my eyes open. Check out the sale forum or post in wanted though. I'm sure someone has one. :happy:
Aaaah, that's a good idea, I'll lurk about there and see if anyone comes up  |D

Welcome aboard! We love any and all pony collectors here, so never fear! I know I can get a little embarrassed with my pony stuff now and then, being that I'm 33 years old and still collecting toys, but everyone needs a hobby! And I've found so many other collectors here, the sheer volume of them makes any feelings of embarrassment or awkwardness disappear! And if there is one thing I've learned from cartoons, its that being yourself is far more comfortable than trying to be something different! So, again, WELCOME! We love to have you!  :frolic: :happy:

Post Merge: August 07, 2012, 05:07:07 PM

Ooo, I didn't grab Honeybuzz for my own collection, I'm only collecting a select few G4s, but I just saw one at the Kmart by me, they're a little over priced so they have a bunch of the old releases still on the shelf. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if I can grab it for you!

Thank you~
I actually don't feel too embarrassed any more, at first I was really bad! I kept chickening' out of going to buy them, but after a while I realized that was really silly and there's nothing to be embarrassed about. If I can buy cutesy anime figures at conventions, I can totally by cute ponies in a store xD

And aaaah that's very nice of you! c: How much would it be + shipping to the UK? I wouldn't be able to pay until probably after August 17th though, due to not having any money until then. I hope that's okay! D:

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
Hmm.. not sure what the conversion is... I know Kmart is charging $6.99 each pony not sure what shipping would be, but let me stop by there tomorrow to get it and make sure it's still there and I'll figure out what shipping would be. I don't mind waiting 'til the 17th and if shipping turns out to be too expensive for you, that's ok, I can still just add it to my trade list!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 05:31:43 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

So glad to have you!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Takoto

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Hmm.. not sure what the conversion is... I know Kmart is charging $6.99 each pony not sure what shipping would be, but let me stop by there tomorrow to get it and make sure it's still there and I'll figure out what shipping would be. I don't mind waiting 'til the 17th and if shipping turns out to be too expensive for you, that's ok, I can still just add it to my trade list!

Ahh okie dokie! That's about the same price as you'd find them for here, anyways, so that's cool. Shipping shouldn't be too much as the items pretty small and all. |3
And okay~ that's nice of you c:

Hello and welcome to the Arena!

So glad to have you!
Welcome!

Thank you both! <3

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
Hi there, Takoto. :welcome: to the Arena. :D
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!  Good luck in collecting!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »
Welcome to the Arena.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »
 to the Arena :wave:

What an interesting introduction you wrote :)  I hope you manage to find some of your childhood ponies when you clear out your room :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal