collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your best Pony luck ever.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Share your best Pony luck ever.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 08:18:18 AM »
I have had some great finds over the years. I think maybe one was the gifts that I got in the form of Mimic, some of the merry go round ponies, Alternate birthflower pony morning glory,and a part of my collection from my best friend. Another friend gave me a bunch of accessories and I got adult sea pony Wave jumper in the lot. The best ponies come for free from a friend who cares about you. :)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 09:08:37 AM »
My best pony luck was probably getting this teal haired gal:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I caught a seller from China selling them for $10 right as they announced that the purple (pink?) hair version would be the official version. I managed to snag one, and let a fellow collector know so she managed to get one as well.

Post Merge: November 22, 2016, 09:11:47 AM

The best ponies come for free from a friend who cares about you. :)

^ This is so incredibly true!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:11:47 AM by josiekat »

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 09:28:51 AM »
I have yet to run into such amazing luck :shocked:!!  You guys are all so fortunate!
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »
Reading all your luck posts I get the urge to go out and thrift hunting. But it's so hard to find G1's in the Netherlands. Mostly G3 or G4.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »
Well I guess the best luck I ever had was as a kid, when my aunt handed down all her old G1s to me - those, along with Kitty in my Pocket - were my favourite toys and I may never have enjoyed MLP otherwise! As for more recently, I honestly can't think of any proper full-on pony luck - keeping my fingers crossed though!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:36 PM »
In my 15 years of collecting I ran into a lot of luck with ponies. But this story tops them all. Six years ago I went on a last minute trip to Spain. I was a bit fed up with life with losing my job, didn't get a certain house and it was and snowy. So the sun was very welcome then. I found out there was a fleamarket so I went over there hoping to find ponies ofcourse. I saw this pink piggy pony on sort of a junk/trash stand. Even though I didn't knew which one this was,I knew she was the real deal. I got her for cheap and later found out Fresita is her name. Moving on through the same flea market. I spotted some more ponies and my eye caught the G2 Seabreeze with the purple hair. My thoughts were "it couldn't be" because it was the 2nd time I saw her. I bought one earlier that year. So double luck in one day :)

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
I've had some good finds within the past year.  One was Scrumptious in fabulous condition for a dollar at Goodwill.  Another time, I found a Dream Beauty there for a couple dollars.  And I bought a big lot of ponies that included Mimic, TAF Buttons, and Baby Beach Ball (tropical baby pony).  They ended up being less than a dollar apiece.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
I don't think I've found anything rare for cheap except for my Baby Milky Way that I got for $15 in an unmarked auction. I was actually really surprised that no one else noticed her and bid.

I got a baby Surprise for 25 cents this year. she was in the 25 cent bin with all the mcdonalds toys in a children's consignment store.

I found baby Moondancer, baby Firefly and another baby Surprise plus a bunch on accessories for $2 at good will this year.

Mint condition So Soft Paradise at the thrift store for $3. She is sooooo white, perfect flocking and has her original curl. She's not hard to find but her condition is so amazing I just adore her.

A friend of mine used to work at her local community center and when they shut down the preschool and were clearing it out she found a box of G1's hidden in the storage closet. She gave them to me for free! They are all in need of serious cleaning and some restoration but it included some big brothers which I haven't had any of yet. Actually most of the ponies were ones that I don't have.

I found most of a Paradise Estate for $15 at that local kids consignment store too.

I'm sure there's more but I consider myself pretty lucky for the amount of G1's I've found in thrift stores. Nothing crazy and nothing rare but each one is a treasure and you can't beat $2-3 for a pony.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 03:02:51 PM »
probably the best luck I ever had is when i found a Snuzzles at the flea market for only a dollar. I didn't collect G1 at the time, but that one pony made me fall in love with G1! Its a wonder that i even found it.  ^.^

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:32 PM »
I found a dirty peachy without a tail for $2. I bought her....haha!

My best deal was a complete with box paradise estates and about 20 ponies abd a boat load of accessories at a thrift store for less than $15. It included a full set of the 3rd release so soft ponies!

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
This question comes up a lot and my answer is always the same-

Finding a near mint condition Mimic at a flea market for $2.  I actually hadn't even known her value then- but I knew she was rare.  I was so excited!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
I've had some good finds at the flea market over the past, what, 2 years? My best probably being g4 Feathermay, Flitterheart, and Starbeam Twinkle, g1 PiƱa Colada, Starswirl and Brilliant Bloom, and g3 Royal Beauty, Pretty Palace and Crowning Glory, most on different trips.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »
At a yard sale, I got a free Baby Gametime with purchase of other ponies (for a few bucks). Bonus points it was on my birthday.

Oh, I remember you posting about this! That was so awesome. Still hoping myself to someday get Gametime and Sugarcake for less than an arm and a leg!

I guess my best pony luck has been finding Sweet Scoop's charm. I was buying a group of ponies from a lady on Craigslist and she sent me photos of what she had, including a group of petite ponies; I did a double take when I saw that one looked suspiciously like Sweet Scoops! I bought the lot and was so nervous that that particular tiny pony would get lost and my dreams would be dashed  :P, but she got to me safely. I don't think I'll ever have a find like that again.

FreyaBunny19

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 12:02:48 AM »
My best pony luck in recent years was browsing for ponies on Craigslist, and my heart nearly stopping when I saw a certain pony that looked very out of place in a lot.
I found a Venezuelan Blossom!!! Finding a Nirvana pony in the wild was a dream of mine since I was a kid, so as you could imagine I completely freaked out and thankfully got in contact with the seller straight away!! I paid $50 for the lot, The birthday pony, one of the tropical babies, and a few other good ones were in the lot, so worth it.
Jut finding the nirvana alone was the pony find of my life. I would say that my childhood pony hunting was much more epic as far as the regular ponies (even though I didn't have enough money to buy all the ones I found) But this was the icing on the cake!!!  :good:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 12:02:16 PM »
My best was getting Baby Sugarberry and Baby Love Melody for about $0.50 each at a rummage sale. I also got Baby Lil' Sweetcake in an eBay lot for about $1. I found a cartoon eye Baby Spike at a flea market for about $0.12 and there was a Buy It Now NM Ice Crystal on eBay for $50.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal