collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you still buying G4?  (Read 3908 times)

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are you still buying G4?
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »
I buy any new Rarity items that come out that are unique and interesting. If it's just another brushable with slightly different accessories though, I'm not interested. I've never bought a ton of official merch though. I'm more a collector of fan-made items.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 01:14:02 AM »
I do collect quite a lot of G4 stuff. Brushables, some fashion styles, Funko, plushies and EQG dolls.

However, i do not buy re-releases unless it's a character i really love and it looks different enough. I also tend to stick to things that get released over here and that sure limits things too. My love for Funko has also died down a lot. When they first released Miss Muffin and Dash i wanted them all. Now i will only pick up my favorite characters. They just take up too much space, get released far too late in my country and their paint job is quite lackluster.

I have to admit, i think the EQG dolls are the most fun thing about the MLP line at the moment. There is just a lot of variation.
Sadly, my country seems to kinda struggle with getting them in stores.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Niksilp

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 01:21:29 AM »
I don't collect anything other than G4 (though I do have a few older generation ponies I'd like to get sometime), but I know for sure I have bought more G4 stuff and have more that I want than I ever have since I started collecting over two years ago. My G4 collection was pretty stagnant for awhile but now it's growing again, especially since I've been enjoying EQG too.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 01:23:29 AM »
I am only buying a few things here and there. I skipped out in the last two tru collector sets. But purchased the tru photo finish. I'm looking at the snow globe princesses, but haven't decided if I want them yet.

I would but single release brushables if they were different characters, and not crazy TAF/glittery/gimmicky.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »
I just bought Holly Dash, but honestly a lot of my G4 purchases over the last year have been Equestria Girls. I don't mind getting the same character twice because in fashion dolls you can get away with it more because of the different costumes and hair styles. But yeah Holly Dash was the first brushable pony in a while.

I'm also focusing on more fandom created items like plushies and customs because there's only two hasbro released versions of my fave pony so i like to get customs of her and various other fan created items.

I do like the G4 merchandise though. I don't buy as much of it as i did with the G3's because it was such a rarity with the G3's, but i do at least like to see G4 merchandise and it does often tempt me to pick up the odd bit here and there.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:42 AM »
I'd *love* to keep buying G4s, if they'd ever actually release new ponies.  I've never been a merchandise collector, only collect ponies with hair that can be brushed, and personally am not fond of Equestria Girls.  Unfortunately, it seems as though the line is currently most aggressively pushing things that aren't integrated in my collection.  So I guess my answer is that yes, I still buy G4s, but only as actual ponies come out.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
I'd *love* to keep buying G4s, if they'd ever actually release new ponies.  I've never been a merchandise collector, only collect ponies with hair that can be brushed, and personally am not fond of Equestria Girls.  Unfortunately, it seems as though the line is currently most aggressively pushing things that aren't integrated in my collection.  So I guess my answer is that yes, I still buy G4s, but only as actual ponies come out.

Rainbow Rocks got me a little more interested in EQG. I have Fluttershy, Twilight, Sunset Shimmer and Rarity at the moment. I really would actually like to collect all of the characters but I don't have the money or space, so I tell myself I'll buy new characters if there's a sale.

But I can't hope to buy all the rereleases and slight variations on each main character, nor do I want to. Part of me is okay with it, as I have to save my money for more important things. The occasional new character release to keep me interested isn't too bad actually, and sometimes there's a new look for an established pony that I can't resist, like the snowglobe ponies.

XD At this point if they released new ponies like they did with the new waves I might feel a bit overwhelmed.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
Eh, sort of. Perhaps it's just my area, but there are barely any new pony releases where I am. Most of the ponies I've had an interest in have been US-only, and I don't feel like paying ridiculous shipping prices just to get them.

That, or TRU-exclusives where they've been horrendously overpriced for years now. *cough*Pinkie'sBoutique*cough*

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
Yep, love G4, currently grabbing EQG's for wrapping under the Christmas tree for myself.  Not keen on Funko's, I find them overpriced, especially this multitude of variants. I may grab a Pinkie for my army, but that's it.  I'll occasionally pick up a couple of blindbags, but not too crazy about set completing those.  basically, if I can brush it, I'll buy it LOL!!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »

This is me too. When I see any new brushables I buy them. The last one I got was Photo Finish and now I need to find a Nurse Redheart. I buy other stuff if it's Rarity or Luna related.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
Well seeing how my favorite g4 is Applejack I have saved so much money by Hasbro not releasing anything with her on it! ha ha

I bought Nurse redheart, and I will be looking for sweetie drops, and any other new character brushables but seeming how Hasbro is not a fan of AJ or non main 6 characters I guess no I'm not really buying? But its not because I don't want to, its because Hasbro wont put out new stuff that I'm interested in....

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
Yep, love G4, currently grabbing EQG's for wrapping under the Christmas tree for myself.  Not keen on Funko's, I find them overpriced, especially this multitude of variants. I may grab a Pinkie for my army, but that's it.  I'll occasionally pick up a couple of blindbags, but not too crazy about set completing those.  basically, if I can brush it, I'll buy it LOL!!!
I'm curious: How much are Funko figures where you live? I see a lot of people complain about their prices, but I feel like I'm in the minority with thinking their prices are fair. Then again, I'm not sure if the prices are super high in other countries or what...

You can get them for $12 in a lot of places around here, like Walmart. Hot Topic is the only place where they tend to be overpriced, but I only buy them from there with Hot Cash during their pre-order periods. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a Funko pony from there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:36:41 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
I haven't bought anything G4 since Sunset Shimmer and FS Luna last year, and none of the upcoming releases appeal to me, so the answer to the original question would be no, I'm not still buying G4.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:42:22 PM by little.fox »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
I'm curious: How much are Funko figures where you live? I see a lot of people complain about their prices, but I feel like I'm in the minority with thinking their prices are fair. Then again, I'm not sure if the prices are super high in other countries or what...
About $17.4 here in California, counting sales tax.

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2014, 06:18:21 PM »
Started out with G4 though compared to most, my collection is very small.  (Only eight ponies!)  Basically, if I see a pony like, (and I have the money) I get her.  So, if Hasbro comes out with any new ponies that really appeal to me, then I'll probably grab one.  I'm also in the process of purging stuff, so if I get any ponies in the future, then a pony must go to make room for the new pony. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal