collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony flaws you actually like!  (Read 2259 times)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Pony flaws you actually like!
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »
So, no pony is perfect. All of our ponies have some sort of flaw, and the rare ones that don't command prices that are sometimes hard to pay! :drunk: Some of us merely live with the flaws on our ponies, and others? Well, they treasure them! What are some flaws on your ponies that you actually think make them better in some way?

My first ever pony, Magic Motion Ivy, I got in my childhood. Ever since I took her out of the package her right eye has had a glue drop coming down from it that looks like a little tear. I've never tried to remove it, and I remember always casting her as the 'misunderstood villain' in my pony plays because of that tear. It just makes her that little bit more special to me!
Another one: a couple of my G3s, specifically Tangerine Twinkle and Secret Wish, have heavy mane and tail cuts. But they look so cute like that! I could never rehair them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Pony flaws you actually like!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
I collect baity G1s so flawed ponies are my favorites! <3 In general I actually highly prefer my G1s to have haircuts. I just think its much cuter! My favorite individual flaw is on one of my So Soft Sundances. The glue on her face is thick and yellowed, and she just looks so sad and self-conscious. I couldn't say no to that face and I'm so happy I own her. Her face issues give her a lot of personality.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »
I know regrind is a terrible burden on the collecting community, but I actually think Party Times look unique and pretty in the grips of their blotchiness. No PT has the exact same markings as another. ^.^ Plus I love the pink tone of the regrind and would love to see a fully regrinded PT some day, like the complete colour change that comes over some Cloud Puffs.

I also love sweetheart sisters with trimmed hair. I saw a photo of somebody's SHS with a bob haircut that ended just around the bottom of their neck (like the length of a regular/original pony's mane) and it was sooooo pretty! :heart: I also think some other ponies look great with trims... I fell in love with pictures of a Lightning with a half length mane and little cropped tail, and also a mohawked Whizzer. Her purple and green looks awesome standing straight up in the air, all wild like her gleaming eyes caught in the camera flash. I think I'll be tempted to collect baity representatives of a lot of ponies just for their individual charm and character.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:01:13 PM »
I just posted my Princess Punkrose yesterday, a pony with a bad mohawk that I am turning around to be cute and punk with an outfit.

I have a Gingerbread who has tanned, but I like it! It's more cookie-like. Someone also slit her mouth, so she can hold things. When I set her out for Christmastime, she gets to hold a little plastic piece of holly.

I have a Hula Hula with a beard. Some child drew one on with a red marker. She's otherwise mint, so I let her keep it.

Sweet Lily was one of my first G1s and she belonged to a friend of mine. She was her "cosmo buddy." Forelock trim, makeup, friendship bracelet, and a small, dyed braid with some of the puff. I find it adorable. She reminds me of Frank N Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I do not have a more fabulous pony in my collection.

Then of course is a G3 (I can't remember her name, sorry. Peaches n cream symbol) with a haircut that is actually done kind of well. It's similar to the classic bob.

I love flawed ponies. It gives them character, and I find them to be extremely endearing. :heart:

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »
Supposedly G1 Baby Star Flower should have been pink

Image from google search http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/27032195573
But then most faded to orange  :blink:

Personally I really like her as orange way more than pink.
I also love stuff like unexplained hair anomalies, like dis~!

I think it just add character to normally uniform toys.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:10 PM »
I also love sweetheart sisters with trimmed hair. I saw a photo of somebody's SHS with a bob haircut that ended just around the bottom of their neck (like the length of a regular/original pony's mane) and it was sooooo pretty! :heart:

My first pony is just this! Ruby Lips got her hair cut just like me when I was about 5... except I was always so disappointed her 'fringe' stuck up in the air!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »
I think a lot of ponies look cuter with haircuts, it's amazing what some children can do with a pair of scissors! Especially to me because I'm very bad at styling rehairs :P
And I think names under hooves is sweet and nostalgic, but I don't actually have any ponies with initials. :(

In particular I like that my SS Paradise has a slightly yellow body from discoloured glue, she fits in with my SS Magic Star, Bouncy, and Posey much better than if she were pristine white under the flocking.
And my Tex (now a Daddy Posey) has a tiny cancer spot on his face that's perfectly located to be a beauty spot! :biggrin:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 01:58:36 AM »
I am a fussy collector so I dont really like flaws per se. However, the odd factory error - such as a hair line missing the guide line or a symbol missing one colour completely - those I think are quite funky and will normally keep in my collection :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 03:29:43 AM »
I dont mind pony flaws, I have this problem where if I see a pony in a charity shop or boot fair I just cant leave them! So when I already have them it makes me feel less guilty for buying them again (even though I would feel more guilty for abandoning them). I have 2 of the Cheerilee 25th anniversary plush's but one of them is the beautiful dark pink shade she was originally, she has a cute lil squashed fa.  The other one has been washed and faded so she is about half as light as my other, but her face shape is intact.

I also have a G1 Cotton Candy plush who is perfect in almost every way but she has had a hair cut, her mane is now about 2" long and her tail is about 3" but I actually love how it looks. Its been done incredibly neatly too.

I have a handful of regular ponies with various flaws but it just makes me love them all the more, cancer, hair cuts, chew marks and 'makeup' just make them more precious. I take them home, clean them up as best I can and then display them proudly, I feel like I am rescuing them. 

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:08 AM »
Names on the pony hooves are ok with me  ;)
I have a few with names and some with full names. I always tell my self to make a note of the names & see if I can find them on facebook, just to see where the pony came from..But that is kind of creepy  :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:05:42 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 04:10:58 AM »
The only real flaws that I like are fading changing pony colors - eyes, symbols... not so much fading hair (I love pink hair, not so much white, except on a few ponies) - but if their paint has faded their eyes from purple to blue or something like that... Of course I'd also be keeping factory flaws, but I'm not sure I have any like that that I know of... I do have one G3 pony, Pink Sunsparkle, and her eye is rubbed really badly, but, for some reason it really makes her look endearing... so I've kept her too, even though I have a nicer one.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 04:40:08 AM »
I wouldn't say I liked her but she was slightly amusing, I had a melody who's tail started half way down near the top of her back leg and there was a pin dot mark where her tail was meant to be stamped.  :huh:

I also had a baby brother apple delight with baby blue eyes instead of the usual pink, I wish I'd kept him he was rather cute.

Babydoll~

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:31 AM »
I think that initials on hooves are sweet, like some kid cared so much about their pony that they didn't want her to get lost (or their best friend had the same pony!). Right now, I only have one pony with initials.  Heart Throb has a very tidy "J" on her front hoof.  I can't help but wonder who "J" is, and if she remembers her pony!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »
I'm not a fan of blush on ponies, I think they look better without it (sometimes that stuff was just put on way too dark/bright) so I'm happy to receive ponies where they have little to no blush left on them.

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 06:39:07 AM »
I have a factory error Baby Starflower who I ADORE.  She has an usually heavy..... concentration.... of glitter along her ears and forehead.  Seriously, it's almost solid glitter!  And, for some crazy reason, I find her to be all the more cute this way! ^.^
I've actually wondered how common this type of factory error is, and if I could track down more glitter ponies with it  :lol:

Here she is with her sister, Baby North Star

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal