collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 88355 times)

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1425 on: September 06, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »
excited that i have not gained since i got to college, unless muscles count! which meant i musta lost something since i have muscles and didnt gain....   yeah support stinks.  I mean like my parents will be verbally supportive, but then mom goes and buys tons of junk food thinking thats my "favorite food".. never was never will be......  bleh!  at least at college its up to me, although there are more people here berating me for eating sammiches and cereal all the time... but i do not want to start the grilled cheese and pizza cycle.  I have a hard enough time with the soda machines, as they only have juice and milk at breakfast and lunch, and the water is disgusting...  I think people think that if you look like you arent really overweight that you can eat whatever the darn well you please.  blah! 
WE cAN DO IT!!!!  ^_^  yea!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1426 on: September 06, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
I officially have a gym membership!  I went in yesterday for a free guest pass and took the yoga class.  It was just enough exercise to get me sweating, but not enough to hurt my hip.  I am going to start riding my bike there (it's only like half a mile away) 3x/week for yoga, then do some cool-down laps in the pool before riding back home.  Once the doctor gives me the go-ahead for more activity, I'll head in more often.  I feel fantastic!

And my tummy has felt much better since giving up gluten.  I can't believe it took me so long to do this!

Quote from: ZennaBug
Food-wise, the switch to GF is going well!
It's awesome that your in-laws accommodated you. Sometimes they're not the easiest to deal with. :P

I am actually really lucky, my mothers-in-law are wonderful people.  They have treated me like one of their own children since my husband and I were just teenagers.  My sister-in-law, on the other hand, is ridiculous.  But everyone has to have that one in-law I guess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1427 on: September 06, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »
Sigh today was enotional fast food eating day:( i feel so gross....i was told my only solo in the play was given to another girl. So broke my heart. And have been in tears all day...i could not belt jingle bells....but i read a quote...i can only be me. So even with this hurt all i can be is me:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1428 on: September 06, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
Sigh today was enotional fast food eating day:( i feel so gross....i was told my only solo in the play was given to another girl. So broke my heart. And have been in tears all day...i could not belt jingle bells....but i read a quote...i can only be me. So even with this hurt all i can be is me:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 06, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
I had a good day up til dinner when my roommate made a side comment about what I chose for dinner. A bagel that I promptly put back and I've just skipped dinner. Getting hard to focus from not eating but I don't have anything that isn't high in carbs as I need to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll make some tea or something I don't want just water I've had plenty of water today.

I've asked him to not make side comments about anything to do with weight loss or skinny people. Cause it just ruins my eating habits and I feel so worthless coming from him.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 06, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
I'd love to join in on this if I had the motivation. I really would. I need to lose at least 100lbs to be at my recommended weight. I'm a pretty tall, large framed woman so I'd weigh quite a bit even at a slim weight. Seriously....I have had a couple doctors say that if I weighed 180 that would be good for me, anything under that is too small. I'm 5ft8in and many say that qualifies as tall, but I see many other ladies taller than myself. Then again, I guess it's somewhat tall and being built like a draft horse doesn't help either on making me petite. I sometimes wish I was shorter and smaller framed, but if that was the case, being at the weight I am now, I'd be a total butterball. So my height really helps me carry my weight and most people don't think I weigh as much as I say (though I sure think I look it).

I remember being on a diet pill a while back called phentermine (also know as adipex). It helped me lose 30lbs in a month and a half. But it also made me hyper, talk non-stop, and have a racing heart. I found out that the moron doctor that prescribed it me did something dangerous because it could kill me due to another pill I was taking at the time. Plus, the pill by itself is dangerous. I mean, it's a methamphetamine after all. And when I went off it, my body realized how starved it was. The pill made it where I wasn't hungry at all and literally went days with only one or two meals along the way. I ate everything in sight when I went off it and gained it all back and more.

How lovely it would be if I had the motivation. I'd find a better boyfriend (the one I have doesn't make me feel good about myself at all.....), be more confident, and feel healthier. But right now I've kind of accepted how I am. If a guy doesn't like me despite my weight, he can walk on. It's not the happiest way to live but it works.

I'm on antidepressants and birth control too, which also holds weight on and makes it more difficult to lose. I wish could drop the antidepressants but I'd be miserable without them. I need them for mental stability. Plus, I'm so hard to live with if I don't take them that my parents said they'd kick me out if I forgo them. XD

Just rambling.....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »

I'm sorry you've had such a rotten day, Crowning_Glory. :hug:  It seems you are very hard on yourself.  Sure, you might not have the role you wanted most but you were at least good enough to get some kind of role to play.  Also, don't beat yourself up for a couple of kgs weight gain.  Although you might notice it, trust me everybody else will still think you look great.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1432 on: September 07, 2012, 05:08:22 AM »
Thanks kiwi....its just really hard being on stage and hearing the one solo you had go to someone else and all falls on the song jingle bells. Its hard how i perfect my voice everday to be defeated by an easy song.....what really made it worse is talking to my husband and him throwing negatives at me....so felt even lowere and hes home from a trip and didnt even talk or hug me when i got home. So i feel very lonely.

Dazzelkitty come join us:) i wish i was your height! Wow:) i think this is going to keep going after the 16 so feel free to join in:) not sure if it will continue or start a new round but we love to hear from you:)

Post Merge: September 07, 2012, 09:08:19 AM

9 days left!!!! I am going to start up the third round this afternoon. Feel free to give me suggestions or participate. This will keep us all going for another 3 months.

Post Merge: September 07, 2012, 01:41:22 PM

Here is the new forum:) Lets keep our healthy ponies going:) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,308638.new.html#new
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:41:22 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1433 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »
I'll sign up again, I feel so much better when I have you guys for support and accountability.  :)

Headed back to the gym today for a 5PM yoga class!  Then my mom's coming over for dinner to try one of my new gluten-free recipes.

Tomorrow I have a friend's BBQ, but my other GF friends are going to bring extra burger buns so I don't have to buy my own.  I'll be making my grandma's macaroni and cheese casserole, but with some adjustments so it's safe for me (and my friends) to eat.  It's surprisingly low-cal too, since I do'nt put any processed junk in it.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 07, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
I can't believe there's only 9 days left! I've been logging my food and excercise on My Fitness Pal since this began and it's been a massive help. I didn't set out to lose weight, but to track my habits instead and to gain more knowledge about what I was eating which I have done.

I've definitely made some healthy habits, though it'll be sad to see this end!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
I've found I don't need myfitnesspal so much anymore, I was using it every day at the beginning. Now I'm finding it easier to see what is a good portion size for me without all the tedious filling in information on mfp. :) I've made some healthy habits and lost 14lbs so far! :D I'm walking everyday and eating my calorie goals. Especially now school has started and living in town means I'm walking daily.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1436 on: September 07, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
:hug: for Crowning!  Your husband should not be saying mean things to you.  :c

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 07, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
Well I have more or less completely fallen off the wagon recently. But it might be a good thing, because it's been really obvious how different I feel eating too much and the wrong things. So, I'm not being super healthy, but I am learning a lot. That's good, right?

As long as I don't eat junk, I don't want it, but if I have a taste, I want it ALL. I've also noticed, that although my plan has never been to stop eating bread/flour stuff, I just kinda wasn't eating much, and now that I'm cramming it in my face again, I can really tell the difference in how it makes me feel (crappy!). So, while I still don't plan on cutting it out entirely, I do plan to continue minimizing it.

Exercise is still such a challenge. I wish I could figure out how to get myself to do it. I feel better when I exercise. I know this. It helps my body and my emotions. The exercise plan I have is really effective and makes me feel awesome, and only takes about 20 minutes a day. I like it! I wouldn't say it was necessarily fun, but I like doing it, I feel all bada$$ when I do it. So WHY WON'T I?!?!? grrrrrr I get so frustrated with myself.

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't kept up with the thread for nothing, but it looks like some folks are really doing well right now. That's awesome! And I know everyone is still trying their best, whether they feel like they're succeeding much at the moment or not, so let's keep up the good work! The only way we can lose is to stop trying. We haven't failed unless we give up.

It's hard to believe we're so close to the end of this. I'm so grateful for this experience and everyone's encouragement and support. I'm looking forward to continuing over in the round 3 thread and hope to see many of you there!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1438 on: September 07, 2012, 09:44:17 PM »
:hug: @ Crowning_Glory13

And :hug: to everyone else too!!!

I made fried rice (with GF soy sauce) tonight for dinner with a veggie stir fry.  Since my husband is working the late shift tonight, my mom came over to eat with me and brought white wine.  It was delicious, much healthier than actual take-out, and I stayed way under my calorie limit!  And yoga was awesome.  I was sweating, but not putting too much strain n my hip.  I'm finally feeling great!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 07, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »
I went for a run around the beach front today.  I can now jog without stopping for 30 minutes even if I encounter small hills :)

Hubby and I splashed out and bought 2 flash pieces of steak from the butchery for tea last night.  They were really yummy :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal