collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 96860 times)

Offline rimmu

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #1110 on: August 21, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
Here is new info:
http://dollienews.tumblr.com/
Alexbabs: "Anyways, I just got word that not only is Novi Stars NOT discontinued, but MGA is currently in the process of launching them in more international markets too, hoping to achieve the same success as the Moxie Girlz, which do really well overseas but not so well in the States :) Novi Stars marketing also verified with the Customer Service head that the original email from BH is actually a fake! I haven’t used their CS, but apparently a real email wouldn’t look like this and should have a tracking number."

There is so much rumors that we can´t be sure what´s true or not but I really, really hope this is the real explanation. Novi stars is my favorite collection and I don´t want it to end  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 21, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »
Oh, whew! I was just getting into them ;u;

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 21, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Here is new info:
http://dollienews.tumblr.com/
Alexbabs: "Anyways, I just got word that not only is Novi Stars NOT discontinued, but MGA is currently in the process of launching them in more international markets too, hoping to achieve the same success as the Moxie Girlz, which do really well overseas but not so well in the States :) Novi Stars marketing also verified with the Customer Service head that the original email from BH is actually a fake! I haven’t used their CS, but apparently a real email wouldn’t look like this and should have a tracking number."

There is so much rumors that we can´t be sure what´s true or not but I really, really hope this is the real explanation. Novi stars is my favorite collection and I don´t want it to end  :cry:

Wow- interesting!  I am actually a little surprised Novi Stars are doing so much better on the international market when they are so dang expensive.  But maybe that's the explanation...

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »
Rimmu: Where do you buy your Novis? Not here in Finland surely?

I was a bit sceptical about the email at first, but then took it at face value, because nobody seemed to question it and no evidence to the contrary surfaces.

I just got my Ari on Tuesday and deboxed her only to notice then that her other antennae was broken. It wasn't in the box, so she came broken. :(! Now I can't even return her, because she has been opened. Bleh, but it's OK, I like her anyway, although the smell is too much for me.

Offline rimmu

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 22, 2013, 04:58:22 AM »
Rimmu: Where do you buy your Novis? Not here in Finland surely?

I was a bit sceptical about the email at first, but then took it at face value, because nobody seemed to question it and no evidence to the contrary surfaces.

I just got my Ari on Tuesday and deboxed her only to notice then that her other antennae was broken. It wasn't in the box, so she came broken. :(! Now I can't even return her, because she has been opened. Bleh, but it's OK, I like her anyway, although the smell is too much for me.

I have bought all my Novis from US. Finnish price is so high.. I got 3 Orbit beach dolls, Tula and Malie all together for 40 dollars from Target clearance with help from lovely Arena member. With that 40 dollars, I couldn´t get even 1 Novi from Finland! How crazy is that :shocked:

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
Any one see the new ones in the stores yet?
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 01, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
I just picked up my first Novi, Una from Goodwill this week.  I didn't think I'd like them so much but I really adore her! 

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 01, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
Any one see the new ones in the stores yet?

:cry: No :cry:

I can't even find a store that carries them anymore!  Michigan must HATE these cute little aliens XD

BUT I should say it seems my stores are going through really sloppy resets :huh:  If I wasn't so smart (:rolleyes:) I would think they were set........but I can tell something isn't quite right.  I'm hoping when the dust settles Novis will have at least ONE facing on a shelf somewhere!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 01, 2013, 11:41:44 AM »
Meijer has them all in the clearance aisle for 5.99...

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1119 on: September 01, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
I'm glad to hear they are going to keep making them!
Why would someone fake an email saying  they would be discontinued? That's pretty wicked.  :huh:

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »
I'm glad to hear they are going to keep making them!
Why would someone fake an email saying  they would be discontinued? That's pretty wicked.  :huh:

I think they really did hear something about them being discontinued but it was just hearsay and they made the email so they would be believed since everyone is so skeptic. A lot of their "news" comes from reading online British toy industry magazines and trolling Amazon for hidden listings.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Tagi

« Reply #1121 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »
Guess who came in the mail today!

Roe Botik, Tily Vizon and Anne Arctic by Ichigotchi, on Flickr

Ina Ferna was meant to arrive today as well, but she's a no show - hopefully she isn't too delayed. I also have Mimi Merize incoming, so now it's just a hunt for Vera and to decide if I want the Steller Skinz or not.

Phew. I don't know what to believe about the possible discontinuation/not discontinuation of this line. They certainly don't seem to be selling well over here, from what I can tell.

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »
tagi where did you get mimi from?
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Kobold

« Reply #1123 on: September 02, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
Guess who came in the mail today!

Roe Botik, Tily Vizon and Anne Arctic by Ichigotchi, on Flickr

Woah. The curls'n coil girls are TALL (also, awesome). I wonder why they made them taller.

Offline Jupetto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 02, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
The curls n coils remind me of Betty Spaghetti :P I like the looks of those dolls, though I wish they were more articulated. Tho I would def get one that I like alot. :)

Always looking for AJ stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal