collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 98044 times)

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #1095 on: August 18, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »
Discontinued? Awwww...

But it must have been pretty expensive to create dolls with a different gimmick every time.  :/  It's really sad, they tried a lot of very cool and risky things with this line.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 18, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »
well shoot ... i just saw the curl n coil girls and the fire and ice girls at my kmart ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1097 on: August 18, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »
crap i better buy mine on amazon soon.. will we see mimi or any of the other new girls in stores???  do you think we will see themin stores soon??

i was reallly excited for these and don't want to miss out!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:42:50 PM by mistic_imp »

kaninchen

« Reply #1098 on: August 18, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
this is very disappointing! i don't have any of the new girls, and don't like the uncertainty as to a proper full release!

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:47 AM »
That sort of sucks.  I always wanted to collect these girls, but funds have always prohibited me from getting any but one.  I now have something. (Though with my luck lately, not sure how long it will last.)  Since I'm only interested in the ones with the gimmicks, I could try buying the older girls first and then work my way up.  Since MGA is discontinuing the line due to unpopularity, I imagine that they shouldn't be too expensive online. (Though the discontinuation of the line would explain why I couldn't find any of these girls at Wal-Mart or Target anymore.)

Right now, however, the only one I really want is Sila Clops. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:02 AM »
I am looking for Vera Tabray if anyone sees her around I am very interested in buying.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 19, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
Oh nooooo!  Guess I'd better get that ice girl-  I saw her on Kmart online but just didn't want to pay the shipping.

Tagi

« Reply #1102 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
You....what....noo.. D: Discontinued?!

I can't say I'm surprised though. In Australia they shelf warm too (but priced at $30 a doll, can we be surprised?!)

So I have ice and fire girl incoming from ebay, and the coil hair dolls incoming from Amazon - but no where I can find to buy Mimi or Vera :( They will not be coming down to Australia if they are discontinued, of that I'm certain.

Would someone mind picking them up for me? <3 *hopes*

That means the only dolls I wont have are the secret skins ones, orbit beach and most of the little pet eggs. I can live with that though. I think. >_>

Offline mistic_imp

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 19, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
I sure hope the new dolls show in USA stores.. I'll be keeping an eye out

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »
I am really disappointed that the line is being discontinued- I think they are really beautiful and unusual dolls- and REALLY loved the elemental and insect themes- and new arms/legs design. 

So glad I finally got all the new ones I wanted-  I never felt the need to get the stellar skinz ones, hopefully I don't regret it later.  I never wanted all the pets either- too overpriced.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 20, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
Is anyone finding the newer ones on sale?  Just debating how long I should wait before buying them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 20, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
The person who runs this blog has an inside contact and tends to have a lot of MGA related news before anywhere else.

http://bratzboulevard.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/what-on-earth-is-going-on-with-novi-stars/

While I doubt sales will go up enough for them to consider new lines in the Spring I don't think we need to panic about the Fall ones yet. They produced a regular run of those at least. Maybe they will even pop up at TJ Maxx or Burlington.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »
Is anyone finding the newer ones on sale?  Just debating how long I should wait before buying them.

I just noticed that Target.com has Tula on sale-  they also have Sila (not on sale).  THey don't have any of the NEW new ones like the Cyborgs or the Elementals.

Offline mistic_imp

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 20, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
The person who runs this blog has an inside contact and tends to have a lot of MGA related news before anywhere else.

http://bratzboulevard.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/what-on-earth-is-going-on-with-novi-stars/

While I doubt sales will go up enough for them to consider new lines in the Spring I don't think we need to panic about the Fall ones yet. They produced a regular run of those at least. Maybe they will even pop up at TJ Maxx or Burlington.

i sure hope this is true! i plan to do my part this fall and buy new novi's when i can and when i see them..
 if they do discontinue novis.. i do hope they will consider an adult collector line :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:04:10 AM by mistic_imp »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 20, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
they posted this on their FB page:

Hi there Stars, Alie Lectric here! We’ve seen your posts asking Novi Stars not to go away. With our newest friends landing on Earth we still have so much more left to explore! We’re even landing in new places around the world. You can always count on us to give you the latest official news right here.

it's a little vague, but definitely another good sign

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal