collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My special package arrived today!! :D :D  (Read 1290 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
My special package arrived today!! :D :D
« on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
Alrighty, so after (almost) a week of waiting and anticipation, I have finally recieved my "special package"! :D I was almost dancing with joy when I heard the mailman coming to my door! :D

But, before I tell you what's so special about it, I'll give you a small backstory first. I was going through some polish auction sites and advert sites, when on one of them I noticed a small advert: one woman was selling a small pony lot. Curious I clicked it to see if there's something that might interest me. And when I saw the pictures... I couldn't believe my own eyes! It turned out that among the lot, the woman was selling two G1 ponies, which at the time happened to be on my "most wanted" list!

Of course, as soon as I could I contacted her quickly, by sending her a text message, asking if I could buy these two instead of buying the whole lot. After an hour, she replied saying that she agrees. I thought I'm gonna die from happiness!!

Immediatelly I paid her the money for the two (both cost me real cheap, because she listed them as fakies, for some reason), and after a few days I got my package! :D :D

And those ponies in question are:

*drum roll*

Parasol
I know it may not be something, that spectacular, but it is a big thing for me: I wanted Parasol ever since I saw her, because I just adore her design. And now I finally have her in my collection! :frolic: :happy:

Here's how she looks like:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's a little dirty, most of the glitter from her symbol is gone, and she has some stains on the bottom of her feet - but I can fix that. But she's got really nice hair and her tail isn't frizzy which I thing is great! :D
Unfortunatelly the poor thing also has glitter rust and pony cancer. :( And while this does pain me a little, I'm still willing to keep her - I can always give her an Oxi Action bath and rub the spots with aceton to prevent from spreading. Besides those cancer dots are in inconspicuos spots, so they don't ruin her overall appearance that much. And glitter rust I can always cover up with some glitter.As for the second pony: this is probably the biggest and most awesome surprise for me ever, since the time I found Italian Blue Belle. Here it is:

*another drum roll*

Mommy Honeycomb!!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I just can't say how happy I am that I finally got her!! It's just amazing and unbelievable! :D :D

Isn't she lovely? :3

At first I was wondering, whether I'm going to get Surprise or Honeycomb since, from what I can recall, there isn't that big a difference between the two, and the photo didn't show her symbol. So when I opened the package, I was overjoyed. To be honest, I would've been just as happy because, I love surprise and I'd also like to have her in my collection. But Honeycomb is also really beautiful, and my Baby Honeycomb has a mom now! :D :D visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"Mommy, is that really you?"

Mother and daughter finally reunited. :3 :3

As a bonus I also got a Lanard fakie with an awesome star-shaped comb:

This is one of my best buys ever!! :D :D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:26:51 AM by Moonracer »

Inkblot

Re: My special package arrived today!! :D :D
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »
Awesome ponies!  :lol:
Honeycomb's definitely high on my want list.  :P

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »
Congrats! Mommy and baby are finally together ^_^
My Wish List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »
The star comb is a Bratz accessory.  :)  Congrats on your new ponies. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
Aww. I'm so happy baby Honeycomb now has a mommy.  Congrats!  :D

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:21:15 AM »
Congrats! :cheer:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 04:53:38 AM »
Very nice, the Honeycomb looks to be in superb condition!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
So gorgeous! Major Congrats!

Moonracer

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! :) :)

@lovesbabysquirmy: thanks for the info! :) I guess it's understandable, since the lady who sold me the two ponies, was also selling a Bratz doll (naked and without her feet) along with them (this is the reason why I only wanted to get these two instead of buying the entire lot).

@Tiella: well, I'm not sure that Honeycomb's condition can be defined as superb - but she's certainly in a very good shape! When I took her out of the package the one thing I heard was the familiar "rattling" noise. And it could've only meant one thing: rust.

A few hours later, I decided to check out Honeycomb, and see how bad it was. And it was bad, real bad. Her interior looked aweful - her entire body covered with rust from the inside. Without further thinking I took out her tail , threw out the remains of the rusty metal ring (the ring holding her tail in place has managed to completely fall apart, that's how rusty it was!). And gave her a nice bath, and scrubbing. After, like, half an hour or so, Honeycomb was almost completely spotless. I've left some spots here and there but once I get myself a small bottle cleaner or a child tootbrush in order to clean that, I'll come back and finish the job. So Honeycomb is much cleaner now.

I'm still pondering whether I should sunfade her, because she begins to show some signs of yellowing on her body. Plus, her symbol needs some touch-up (mainly applying some glitter on it).

But besides that, she's in a very good condition and I hope that she'll remain like this for a long time to come (being with me, it shouldn't be a problem ;)).

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »
congrats!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal