collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok whats the feelings on White Windy?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
Re: Ok whats the feelings on White Windy?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »
oh true. my childhood baby blossom is nearly white too - I think she went through the stage pale lilac - greyish - and then even lighter...

the funny thing with windy is - the glitter. why does that fade on some ponies to blue (which can happen - I have custom glitter here where the pink fades in sunlight too). why does that not fade on normal windy?

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 09:14:54 AM »
Incidentally, some  baby Blossoms start out paler to begin with as well - when my childhood one was missing I got one to replace her and was surprised at the difference in shade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »
I think there's two versions of Windy, one has purple glitter(no paint under), and the other has painted symbols with glitter on top; the Blue symbol ones are like my Bluebelles(some have pink stars, I'm guessing the symbol paint was designed to go on sheer, and uses the body color to make it look purple); since the body dye didn't stay the symbol paint(which was a very thin layer) doesn't work right?

As for the baby Blossoms, I think there's a lavender(pinkish) version and a purple version, LadyGuinevere, just like adult Blossom. :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:07:12 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 07:11:20 AM »
Yep, the baby blossom was lavender when I first put her up, so its fading, my personal opinion is that the translucent type of vinyl just doesn't hold its color as well. I noticed its more likely to get cancer too.

Lunar, you brought up the pink symbol on white bluebell, I actually stuck one of those in a window for over a year to see if the little bits of blue still on the body at the neck would fade out (they did not) and was surprised by the symbol. my collection white bluebell is there to compare, the body and symbol color was the same before sun fading the bait one. the way the symbols and blue body color faded almost seems like there was some bleaching component in the plastic? just my thoughts, but Id love your opinions since you have a lot more knowledge on this pony.

My own feeling on white windy is that she is faded post production. I do not consider her a true variant because I can (in theory) replicate this process just like I have with baby blossom and a white hair/symbol HK poesy for example. White bluebell I do consider to be a true variant/error because there is something that was messed up in her production at the factory, and I cannot replicate this error post production. This pony will loose her blue no matter what you do, even when shielded from light and you cannot fade a regular blue bluebell to this color as both Lunar and I have mentioned that we tried.

and now I'm going to go dig in my bait bins for some windys to try sun fading ;)

Edit to add: I was just thinking about the white bluebell and wondered if the factory was using a recycled or reclaimed vinyl on one run of this pony. they might of used some sort of bleaching process on the reclaimed raw material prior to using it? just a thought and sorry for wondering off topic some.....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:26:56 AM by kasin »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »
It's funny the blue symbols on white Windy have been mentioned!

I have seen really "white" Windy's but with purple symbols. It seemed in the community that only "true" white Windy's had blue symbols. I never felt this was wholly correct from some of the ponies that I had seen.

I know the Rainbows had several releases and there are glitter and paint vs glitter symbols and pink stripe vs red stripe with the hair. I don't think any pattern has been found.

Kasin that's really cool to see a white Bluebell with still blue symbols! You mostly see them with pink symbols or mostly pink symbols.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »
That one looks purposely whitened to me. Look between the rooted hair.. i see pink. I had a white windy many years ago.. Her symbol was distinctly blue.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
She just fades easily.  Also I think a lot of people don't realize just how pale Windy starts out.   To be honest most "white" Windys just look like normal Windys to me.  The ones that are extremely purple are the rare ones IMO, lol.

About Windys with "blue" symbols:

Normally her symbol is purple, which is made by mixing red and blue.  When the red pigment fades, the blue is left behind.

This is also the reason ponies with Peachy's symbol color have "variations" with blue symbols.  Also my childhood post office had a picture painted on it of a cow with her tongue sticking out . . . the cow's red tongue faded to blue too, lol.  For whatever reason, red pigment seems to fade out more easily than other colors.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:26:17 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »
I believe "White Windy" is a particular lavender Windy that fades easily and has paint behind the glitter. Like LadyMoondancer said, I think the symbol could've been originally purple with the red/pink dye that fades out as well. Pink is a difficult color to sustain (hence all the pink hair that fades to white!).  Anyway, I've seen more of these come from Europe, particularly the northern countries like Sweden, so it's possible the factory that supplied them to these areas produced them using finicky dyes.  I believe she's a separate variation, but should be called "Fades-to-White Windy"  :P

I have one that's completely white, with blue paint under the symbols. Looks to be legit. However I peeled back the neck and there is still evidence of purple dye there.   So I am NOT a believer that Windy was produced white, but I think there's a specific variation that turns white over time.

Here are my pics:

Better lighting:

Her ink-like symbols -- see the bleed around the edges?

And the evidence of purple dye:

By the way, I have a crazy amount of Windy's, all different in minor ways.  Some of the differences may be due to fading or environmental discolorations. But there are so many of them with different sized symbols and even the glitter changes on  a lot of them.   There are a couple of different heights, eye color, the pink stripe comes in at least 2 different shades (like Parasol --- have lots of variations on her too!)

So-called "White Windy" top left

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
I believe White Windy was a dodgy batch of plastic.
They had run out of the purple dye, someone had forgotten to push the purple button, didn't read the ingredient list... and that's why she pops up as a random variation.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »
I have both, too. She's not terribly remarkable.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »
I agree with most people here :) She is a fading Windy. She is lovely in white however but I am sure just an aging issue. Purple is such an unstable colour in so many ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
Aslyne I love your Windy's!

Love pkw xxx

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »
THANK YOU!
I am also the owner of an elusive "white windy". brighter pink in hair, BLUE symbols. She was likely somewhere around $2-$6 inside a lot.

I kept her, the same way I kept a TE bright eyes with the dye sitting on the surface even when I found a NM one that was true. and piles of US early ponies with little differences from one another. (If Hasbro was more consistent I would have far more space, and far less armies)

Red and blue pigment (and both combine to make purple, includes pink because of the red) can be the most unstable. You see it finding splotchy blue or green ribbons, or ponies that fade weird, or sometimes very evenly or have the pigment sitting on the surface so it simply wipes away. My own little log I have a list where I call it "items that vary due to unstable pigment"

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
"Items that vary due to unstable pigment" I like it :bigups:

My "white windy" has the pink stripe in her mane too :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »
"Items that vary due to unstable pigment" I like it :bigups:

My "white windy" has the pink stripe in her mane too :)

Love pkw xxx

All the convincing ones I have seen online have had the brighter pink hair.

Our original six had the muted pink. 84' they brought back windy with brighter hair this time. All vertical package UK rainbows seem to have the same shade, and be the same (when it applied) as the ponies re-issued into the flutterbye set. All the loose ones I got from childhood owners in the UK have also had that brighter hair. (PKW- did you get the muted ones too in stores?)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal