collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Second Life anyone?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
Second Life anyone?
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
This game peaked in the 07's and 08's but some people still play it.  And I'm wondering if anyone here does?  My name is Dweezle Raffke in Second Life, in case anyone was curious.

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Second Life anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
I tried it once thinking it'd be like a Sims MMO, but I just got a lot of inappropriate requests from other users, so I was only a member less than a month. =/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:43:54 PM »
It's not for everyone.  Yes when you start you will probably be bugged, but you have to weed through the morons to get to the nice ones.  Sorry you had a bad experience.
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
Not really my thing. I prefer playing video games on my own.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »
I've always wanted to play it, but I think you need some of those fancy computer equipment to play it :L
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
Most of the friends I used to hang out with on there moved on, the sim I used to hang out in has changed drastically and I don't like it.  I'll still hop on every once in a while to play with my avatars and check in with the one or two people I know that are still on there.  I played from late 2008 to (I think) mid-late 2010.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:13 PM »
It's not for everyone.  Yes when you start you will probably be bugged, but you have to weed through the morons to get to the nice ones.  Sorry you had a bad experience.

Exactly! Which is why I kinda quit SL recently. Actually, not really quit but just don't log in. I was Jitterbug on there.

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »
I was literally just signing out when I came to poke my head in the MLP arena and saw this topic, lol. I don't post a whole lot anymore but it was too funny a coincidence to not say anything

The biggest problem with SL imo is the steep, steep learning curve. At least, biggest problem that can't be placed on the userbase. (and even despite some parts of the userbase, I do love the place)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
When I wrote this post I was on SL at least 3 times a week.  Now I haven't been on it for about 2 weeks.  Much less drama that way. 

Skitterbug- YES there is a HUGE learning curve.  I use Firestorm with the Phoenix viewer skin.  I can't stand the LL viewer.

I just learned to texture my own clothes recently, so I've been texturing some things, mesh and non mesh items.
I honestly think it's time I took a hiatus from SL.  Too much drama.  The club I hung out at had creative differences with me, and I'm no longer welcome there.  Ah well, nothing lost.

~Jenn

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »
i tried it but i could never get very far in it !! so i stick with pony island  xaflame

Skitterbug

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 01:20:51 PM »
Skitterbug- YES there is a HUGE learning curve.  I use Firestorm with the Phoenix viewer skin.  I can't stand the LL viewer.

Yes, I couldn't STAND when the changed the GUI, bless Phoenix Firestorm. 1.23 viewer style all the way! I don't deal with change well. (MY inventory is still full of standard clothing, none of this fancy new mesh stuff, unless it's part of an avatar I own :P)

I definitely think it's worth sticking with past the learning curve, there really isn't anything else like it out there! Though, of course, I feel everyone should be warned about some of the potentially less pleasant parts. I find they're easy enough to avoid, as long as you KNOW to avoid it.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
I have a SL problem...... I'm on it everyday.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »

Yes, I couldn't STAND when the changed the GUI, bless Phoenix Firestorm. 1.23 viewer style all the way! I don't deal with change well. (MY inventory is still full of standard clothing, none of this fancy new mesh stuff, unless it's part of an avatar I own :P)

I definitely think it's worth sticking with past the learning curve, there really isn't anything else like it out there! Though, of course, I feel everyone should be warned about some of the potentially less pleasant parts. I find they're easy enough to avoid, as long as you KNOW to avoid it.

I think I might be the only one I know that doesn't mind the  gui change, I thought it brought it up much cleaner running? plus I tried that firestorm/pheonix thing and it kept crashing my computer so I stick with the LL viewer. I'm Xanaliana Furst on there and currently run around as either Pony!Kestral, Skypainter or Kestral or my unnamed Jex avatar XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

ponycentric

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
Haven't played in ages, haven't had a computer for awhile, miss it though.  Will be back on when I have a computer, loved making pony clothes.

Amsel Wombat there.

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 05:14:30 PM »

I think I might be the only one I know that doesn't mind the  gui change, I thought it brought it up much cleaner running? plus I tried that firestorm/pheonix thing and it kept crashing my computer so I stick with the LL viewer. I'm Xanaliana Furst on there and currently run around as either Pony!Kestral, Skypainter or Kestral or my unnamed Jex avatar XD

Ah you have a Jex too?  I'm currently in a heavily modified Avatar Planet Velix.
I have waaaaay too many avatars, at least 300.  -_-

~Jenn

Post Merge: April 01, 2015, 05:15:15 PM

Haven't played in ages, haven't had a computer for awhile, miss it though.  Will be back on when I have a computer, loved making pony clothes.

Amsel Wombat there.

You can get Lumiya and play it on your phone, it costs about $3, a one time fee.  It's basically just chat, but you can go into 3D mode, yet it eats your battery, and is VERY slow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal