collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Second Life anyone?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: Second Life anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
Skitterbug- YES there is a HUGE learning curve.  I use Firestorm with the Phoenix viewer skin.  I can't stand the LL viewer.

Yes, I couldn't STAND when the changed the GUI, bless Phoenix Firestorm. 1.23 viewer style all the way! I don't deal with change well. (MY inventory is still full of standard clothing, none of this fancy new mesh stuff, unless it's part of an avatar I own :P)

I definitely think it's worth sticking with past the learning curve, there really isn't anything else like it out there! Though, of course, I feel everyone should be warned about some of the potentially less pleasant parts. I find they're easy enough to avoid, as long as you KNOW to avoid it.

I think I might be the only one I know that doesn't mind the  gui change, I thought it brought it up much cleaner running? plus I tried that firestorm/pheonix thing and it kept crashing my computer so I stick with the LL viewer. I'm Xanaliana Furst on there and currently run around as either Pony!Kestral, Skypainter or Kestral or my unnamed Jex avatar XD

Ah you have a Jex too?  I'm currently in a heavily modified Avatar Planet Velix.
I have waaaaay too many avatars, at least 300.  -_-

~Jenn

Post Merge: April 01, 2015, 05:15:15 PM

Haven't played in ages, haven't had a computer for awhile, miss it though.  Will be back on when I have a computer, loved making pony clothes.

Amsel Wombat there.

You can get Lumiya and play it on your phone, it costs about $3, a one time fee.  It's basically just chat, but you can go into 3D mode, yet it eats your battery, and is VERY slow.

heh yes I have a Jex! did some SL commissions to get enough to buy  the green one, and then last week I was hanging out and someone was all BAM HERE HAVE ALL THESE AVATARS! RAWER and I'm all 0-0;
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »
heh yes I have a Jex! did some SL commissions to get enough to buy  the green one, and then last week I was hanging out and someone was all BAM HERE HAVE ALL THESE AVATARS! RAWER and I'm all 0-0;

Wow, that's pretty cool.  I have the blue/green Jex, and the Grey/black jex.  If you like the Jex, you might like the :muffin: Pony King Verin or the Avatar Planet Velix.  They have the same head construction with big ears.  I did swap out the ears, tail and took off the butt wings on my Velix.  I use Tokushi fantasy ears in grey, and a DSD Lion tail.  Uhm, I could poke up a pic of my Velix if you like?  It's all SFW, nothing innapropriate.  In fact she wears long cargo pants, a short sleeve short jacket, and a HollyWood Undead shirt I made :D 
I might as well log in and take a pic, and get rid of all these notices from the groups.....

(I am cutting the quote thingy 'cause it's getting a bit long.)

Anyway, here I am.. sort of.  (I blurred out part of the background 'cause I honestly don't know what the kiosk is for and I don't want to risk it in case there is something that wouldn't be appropriate.  Better to be safe than sorry!)
Spoiler
I added a mesh tongue that flicks in and out, glasses, a nose piercing that you probably can't see.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:52:36 PM by FullMoonFever »
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 02:56:07 PM »
LOVE the avatar!  I'm Diamond Lysette on there...haven't logged in in FOREVER though.  I actually met my husband on SL, hahaha.

Here's me...I need a new avatar in a serious way, but I can never find another bat that I like.  So I stick with the super-beginner one, lol.

And ponies!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »
That bat.. is it a Ninja Weasel bat?  It looks like one.  Or a Luskwood?  Try Avatar Planet and Kinzart Kreatures for the bats.  Those are the only ones I know of.
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
That bat.. is it a Ninja Weasel bat?  It looks like one.  Or a Luskwood?  Try Avatar Planet and Kinzart Kreatures for the bats.  Those are the only ones I know of.

Pretty sure it's a Luskwood...Kinzart Kreatures has a few that I kinda like.  But they like to make snub-nosed bats, and I don't want those, lol.  I'll have to check out Avatar Planet.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

Pretty sure it's a Luskwood...Kinzart Kreatures has a few that I kinda like.  But they like to make snub-nosed bats, and I don't want those, lol.  I'll have to check out Avatar Planet.

The bats have a HUD and you can have them be either snub nosed, or regular.  I have a KZK bat, and regular noses are an option.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 03:15:51 PM »
I might have to check again...like I said, it's been a loooooong time since I've logged in.  My husband used to DJ 3 nights a week, but when we moved a couple of years ago, he stopped doing that.  And we haven't been regulars since.  I kinda miss it sometimes, but I don't miss all the random weirdo drama.  LOL

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
I used to DJ at a club as well, but then for some reason my connection started randomly dropping so I had to stop.  Still haven't figured out why it does it. 

Offline SupernaturalSuperStarlet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »
I tried it after the mention on CSI:NY, but I couldn't get it to let me put clothes on my avatar lol. I tried forever, but it just wouldn't do it, so I uninstalled/deleted it. Is there an app version? If so, maybe it would work better for me lol.
thanks!:)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
I tried it after the mention on CSI:NY, but I couldn't get it to let me put clothes on my avatar lol. I tried forever, but it just wouldn't do it, so I uninstalled/deleted it. Is there an app version? If so, maybe it would work better for me lol.
When did you start SL?  My guess is the reason you can't put on clothing is because your avatar is mesh, if it's a newbie avatar, it is probably mesh,and you cannot wear regular texture clothing on mesh.  You can only wear specific clothing that fits your particular mesh body, that is made of... yup, you guessed it, mesh. 

Yes, there is an app version, called Lumiya, it's a couple bucks and I believe is available on just about any smart phone.

(PS I dislike full mesh bodies, I don't know how many times I've helped noobs get rid of their mesh bodies for the regular ones.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal