collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do...  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do...
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
My pom loves cat toys.  Laser pointers, those scooty ball things, feather toys, etc etc.  He will actually bully the cat to play with these toys that he regards as "his".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
Just this morning I was reminded about another funny thing Sasha likes to do. Given the chance when I step out of the shower she likes to try and lick the water from my legs  :lol: (and yes she has water in her bowl!) Funny dog...

My chi does this, too!! Maybe it's a Canadian dog thing...
Pischer and Ceydia like to sleep under the blankets no matter how hot it is outside. They also like to sleep right on top of me and will wrestle for who gets the coveted "crotch spot" I'm not too sure why it's "the" spot to hang out...all i know is that my right armpit is second place :lol:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »
Just this morning I was reminded about another funny thing Sasha likes to do. Given the chance when I step out of the shower she likes to try and lick the water from my legs  :lol: (and yes she has water in her bowl!) Funny dog...

My chi does this, too!! Maybe it's a Canadian dog thing...

Nope. Mine do it to.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
Slick is jealous of Mr. Skeen so if he and I are sitting together, Slick will always come and sit between us.  If he has to force a space for himself, he will! He also chews on bananas so we have to keep them locked up.   

Fuzzy's favorite thing in the world is the cellophane plastic stuff that seals plastic cartons of salad.  When he hears me opening a box he comes running and will even dumpster dive to get them out of the trash!  He has several that he just likes to gnaw on.  When we take them away from him he mopes for hours. 

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
My ferret, Hlao, tries to lick me dry after the shower. Mainly because sometimes when he's stinky I let him run around the shower with me and wash him off too. He can only reach my ankles and it tickles.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »
Does anyone else's pets wrestle and make noise ONLY when you're on the telephone!?

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
Does anyone else's pets wrestle and make noise ONLY when you're on the telephone!?

Jack got into a habbit when I was working casual of sitting at my feet screaming every time I talked on the phone, I think he gatered that sometimes I would hang up and disappear for a long period of time. He did stop after about six months of working full time.

Jack also has a habbit of licking windows. No idea why, its strange to watch.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »

Nope, but my dog barks almost exclusively when I turn on the video camera. I think she did it once or twice for attention and I gave her a treat to quiet her, so now pretty much all of our home videos have the dog complaining in the background as I set a precedent... sigh...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
Years ago my parents had a cat that would take offense at the ringing telephone. If alone in the house,she would knock the phone off the hook. Took my parents awhile to figure out what was going on.

My three cats all have their quirks. Samhain (male,black,domestic short hair) loves the water. He will put his head around the shower curtain when I'm in there. And doesn't care if he gets sprayed.

Arwen (female,white,domestic short hair) will appear out of thin air. To sit at your feet and meow (in her small squeaky voice). Whenever you walk into the kitchen. It could be 2am and she's there to greet you.

Elsa (female,gray,semi long hair) is a lap hound. She'll make the rounds of people, looking for a lap to lay in and pats to get. She's very friendly and never tires of purring plus talking. Even when you think she's had her fill, she's flopping down to get comfortable.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »

My old dog once chewed the phone cord and broke it mid-call. I'm on the phone, phone goes dead, I have no idea what happened, look down, and there's the dog looking at me like "Hey, I totally killed that snake thing! Can I have a treat for it!" She wasn't weird though. But she did have a grass allergy, which for a dog really stinks.

My cat though:

1. She adores crackers. Off all the foods in the world, crackers. Saltines, matzah, etc. If it's flat and crunchy, she'll go for it.

2. She loves to sit on your shoulder. You'll be holding her, when suddenly the squirming, the clawing, the struggle begins and she'll try to get up and lay there. Making dinner? Why not have a cat watch you? Like a giant furry parrot. (One if her previous owners probably thought it was cute to put her there. They did not plan for the future for when cats get bigger.)

3. We bought her one of those "cat caverns" Round, small hole, because cats love caves for some reason. She lays ON TOP. She's gone in willingly and sat in there ONCE. We could have just bought a cardboard box and flipped it over!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 06:17:54 PM »

My old dog once chewed the phone cord and broke it mid-call. I'm on the phone, phone goes dead, I have no idea what happened, look down, and there's the dog looking at me like "Hey, I totally killed that snake thing! Can I have a treat for it!" She wasn't weird though. But she did have a grass allergy, which for a dog really stinks.

My cat though:

1. She adores crackers. Off all the foods in the world, crackers. Saltines, matzah, etc. If it's flat and crunchy, she'll go for it.

2. She loves to sit on your shoulder. You'll be holding her, when suddenly the squirming, the clawing, the struggle begins and she'll try to get up and lay there. Making dinner? Why not have a cat watch you? Like a giant furry parrot. (One if her previous owners probably thought it was cute to put her there. They did not plan for the future for when cats get bigger.)

3. We bought her one of those "cat caverns" Round, small hole, because cats love caves for some reason. She lays ON TOP. She's gone in willingly and sat in there ONCE. We could have just bought a cardboard box and flipped it over!

In reply to point three about your kitty, we had one of those little foam houses that jack took to. Loved it, that was HIS spot. Anyhow, he had wandered off for a drink or something, his sister darla decided to climb in and have a look. When he came back into the room the look on his face was priceless! Just pure "what the hell is she doing in MY house???" Anyhow, he took a running leap at it, and flattened it, squishing her and forcing her out of it. We still have a laugh about ten years on about the house incident.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
2 cats. :3

My little girl Doodle LOVES to lick plastic grocery bags. Loves it! Wednesdays are her favorite day, because it's trash night, and we put new grocery bags in the wastebaskets.  She'll lick them for a few days, and then I guess the flavor's gone or something. XD My dad thinks there's something in them to make them more biodegradable, like cornstarch or something, and that's what she's tasting.

Meat has an obsession with shoes. He likes to stick his feet/legs in them. (I joke that he is trying to harness their power so he can go outside - after all, we humans don't go outside unless we have shoes on!) And if he's sleepy, he jams his entire face into them! It's cute, but it was kind of embarrassing when he did it with my uncle's fancy Gucci shoes... and this cat's a real drooler, too....

My old cat, Esme, (who has since passed on) had a lot of quirks, especially as she got older and more senile. But even before that, she refused to drink out of her water dish. She's go to the bathroom, jump on the sink, and caterwaul until someone came and turned the water on for her. Then she'd drink from the stream of fresh water! It was cute and smart, but actually pretty irritating. Of course, then Meat started doing it, too, but he wasn't very good at drinking the water, it ended up getting in his nose, the poor guy! So he'd just play with it, pawing and biting at it. And I'd be like "Are you gonna drink it or not??" :D
Once Ezzy passed on, we had to make a no watering the cats with the sink rule!
I'll put something here some time

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »
Both of the cats insist I watch them eat the moment I arrive home from work, that involves fallowing them into the laundry room and petting them one.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 09:00:05 PM »
My cat Peanut Butter will look back at you and lick his lips when you scratch behind his tail, he will do this until you present a hand and he will start licking you.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:40 AM »
Cats are weird...I had an ex boyfriend whose mother was a little...odd, and so was her feline friend!
Every morning his mom would wake up and have a shower. The cat would sit on the toilet and watch. Then she's get out and do her makeup...the cat would sit on the counter and she'd put eye shadow and lipstick on the cat (she HAD to do this, or he'd caterwal till no end) then carry him to the front window to be held up to look outside and survey his domain. THEN they could share breakfast off her plate in the kitchen, and the day could officially begin.
Words cannot describe how i felt when I saw this cat wearing bright blue eyeshadow and red lipstick the first time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal