collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 82174 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
Snow White is becoming more and more my favorite princess.  These dolls are helping solidify my feelings for her, especially because her hair is long.

Which two dolls are in your cart?  :)

Classic Disney Princess Ariel Doll - 12'' and Prince Eric but I'm kinda liking the Cinderella doll too.... ^^;
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
I wish I could afford the new designer dolls, but being all the way in South Africa makes the shipping cost outrageous. I would have loved to have gotten Ariel and Rapunzel.  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
Does anyone know when Disney started to market Ariel more as a human than a mermaid? I've seen a lot of things with Ariel in a green dress and less items of her as a mermaid. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
Does anyone know when Disney started to market Ariel more as a human than a mermaid? I've seen a lot of things with Ariel in a green dress and less items of her as a mermaid. 

Ponyfan

I don't know anything about Disney dolls but from what I remember, even back in 1997 (which is when I got my very first Ariel doll) there were more human dolls than mermaid dolls.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 07, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
It's because human dolls sell better and can be dressed up more ways with interchangeable clothes from other dolls. 

I don't know about the art though. .

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
It seems like I used to always say things like "Don't you (meaning Disney)  remember she turned into a human at the end of the movie?" Now it seems like more often it's "Don't you remember she was a mermaid?" 

Ariel is my favorite Disney princess.    :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »
Ahahaha! My lovelies together at last! :heart:

-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

WildLace

« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2013, 03:26:45 AM »
Bow Tie your dolls are beautiful!!

Anyway looks like those who don't have a Disney Store near them can now get Disney Store dolls from JcPenney stores. They are a bit cheaper than Disney Store dolls and the don't have the articulated arms. But otherwise they are very similar to the Disney Store dolls. Only thing I have a problem with is that they excluded Poca and Mulan.  :huh:

Here is where I found out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/b0ttledwater/9689235279/

And Here is a link to the online JcPenney store:
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/category.jsp?id=cat100260141

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2013, 07:50:34 AM »
Thanks! I can't stop drooling over them! :heart:

That's disappointing that they don't have the arm joints. They probably don't have knee joints either. I was really disappointed when I heard that the latest princess dolls didn't have knee joints. I was able to grab last year's Jasmine who has knee joints, but the Aurora I grabbed along with her doesn't have the knee joints. I hope to get the one with knee joints some time soon. It's even more disappointing that they are excluding Mulan and Pocahontas! They aren't my favorite princesses, but they don't deserve to be excluded. They are fantastic princesses!
-Bow Tie

WildLace

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »

That's disappointing that they don't have the arm joints. They probably don't have knee joints either. I was really disappointed when I heard that the latest princess dolls didn't have knee joints. I was able to grab last year's Jasmine who has knee joints, but the Aurora I grabbed along with her doesn't have the knee joints. I hope to get the one with knee joints some time soon. It's even more disappointing that they are excluding Mulan and Pocahontas! They aren't my favorite princesses, but they don't deserve to be excluded. They are fantastic princesses!

I didn't really like last years knee joints, but i was hoping that Disney would improve them instead of going back to the rubber ones.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »

Ponyfan

I don't know anything about Disney dolls but from what I remember, even back in 1997 (which is when I got my very first Ariel doll) there were more human dolls than mermaid dolls.

In the early 90s they had quite a few that were as a Mermaid.  I have 3 different childhood Ariel dolls made by Tyco that were all Mermaids. The original did come with the pink dress she wears in the movie but I rarely put her in it. I took them in the tub and swimming pool a lot so that's probably why. The other two I had were a tropical one with a blue and gold fin, and one with a white and pink one.  Unfortunately, my original Ariel can't sit anymore because one of her legs doesn't move anymore. I like the Disney store one they have now. I have my Tyco Ariel displayed with my new DS dolls, EAH and MH ST dolls and she is waaaay shorter.

Bow Tie: I love the Rapunzel doll on the left with the lantern. GORGEOUS!

I would almost be tempted to get the Snow White doll from JCP because of the dress she is wearing. I like that one better than the glittery, shorter dress that the newer DS doll I have is wearing. I eventually want to get Jasmine, Mulan and Ariel of the new DS dolls. They are more attractive than even my traditional favorites of Belle and Cinderella. I have to say I do not really care for the rubbery legs that the DS dolls have though, so 80s/90s Barbie.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

WildLace

« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2013, 11:17:10 AM »

It is your lucky day Swordpony is selling a 2012 DS Aurora  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »
I love Tyco Ariels. :) I have a few of them NRFB. The Tyco Ariels are the same size as 90's era Skipper and Ariel could wear the same clothes. 

Bow Tie is Flynn in the box with Rapunzel too? I can't see him in your picture?

Ponyfan

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
I love Tyco Ariels. :) I have a few of them NRFB. The Tyco Ariels are the same size as 90's era Skipper and Ariel could wear the same clothes. 

Bow Tie is Flynn in the box with Rapunzel too? I can't see him in your picture?

Ponyfan

Flynn is in the box, but behind Rapunzel. That is the one thing I don't like about this set. They put Rapunzel directly in front of Flynn so you can't see him unless you look at the box from the side. After I move into my apartment, I'll be taking the case off and moving them around so you can see Flynn better.

Here's a little bit better pic from the front:

-Bow Tie

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
My friend got me the Merida doll, he said he was looking for the Ariel one (ariel is my favorite, merida is my 2nd favorite) but they didn't have her. Another friend of mine also got me the little mermaid pillow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal