collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy a MLP video game? (Read details below)

Yes
Maybe
No, not interested
No, don't play video games

Author Topic: My Little Pony console video game?  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: My Little Pony console video game?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »
Cyber what do you have against them making a game being a little more on the mature side, sounds like you are against them making a game for teens and adults can enjoy too? Anyways Zelda, Mario, Banjo Kazooie type games are games all ages enjoy, so I think that would be the best type of game for them to make, and there is fighting in all of those games, anyways I only meant the Skyrim spin like how their would be a gigantic world you could explore and have lots of customization and personalization, with hours and hours of gameplay. Rather than just a strict story line, yes I think it would be good for them to have that as well, but be able to do tons of other things as well, adds more creativity to the game!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »
Well...

I think it's not hard at all to get my head around multiple kinds of MLP games.  Combining Hasbro's assets with the strength of the fan community, the potential out there is actually really flexible.

I agree that the "real," official MLP game would absolutely have to be accessible to children; no guts or gore, so a very simple combat system (if there is one at all) and relying on mini games, puzzles, and character interaction for most of the interactivity would be the biggest part.  There are all sorts of neat stylization options out there too, from full 3D figures to little pixilized sprites or something more cartoony like Professor Layton.  It would be really neat to see a side story a little like how the comics work, that is, its own contained storyline that doesn't take away from the show or toys but might get a neat reference or two in them.

The biggest problem with this though is that licensed games are notorious for being terrible.  It would need *just* the right team and involvement to really pull it off.

I admit I love fanfic, so I have all sorts of ideas for fan based games that could get away with more than an official game would, like a big MMORPG.  Otherwise it would be crazy cool to have something where you could do a big exploring adventure and meet all kinds of cross-generational ponies that can come with you and help solve certain puzzles or fight away certain bad guys--it sounds a little like a combination of virtual collecting and playing with them like I did when I was a kid!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:25:08 PM by diamondshy »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
What is with everyone thinking kids can't handle violence in video games have you played the Legend of Zelda, has lots of appropriate violence for all ages.

For Sale Wants

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
I'd love to play an MLP game that was something along the lines of an Animal Crossing game.

G4Sweeties

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2014, 03:24:23 AM »

I'd love to play an MLP game that was something along the lines of an Animal Crossing game.

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2014, 03:26:01 AM »
What is with everyone thinking kids can't handle violence in video games have you played the Legend of Zelda, has lots of appropriate violence for all ages.
Zelda usually remains in the realm of cartoon violence, which is part of why it is so accessible.  There are games with similar gameplay that go too much into the realm of actual violence for children, such as Pandora's Tower.  I don't see why we would have to even have a game with anything beyond cartoon violence if there was to be a wide age group appeal.  It's not like adults can only enjoy edgy, violent, bloodbaths.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »
Given what My Little Pony is, if they made an My Little Pony video game, it should be like Skylanders where each brushable pony toy can be place on or in an interface of some type and acts as an avatar in the game.  It would be a win-win for Hasbro.  Kids would want to collect the characters to open up more of the game.  It would also be a toy that fits into the trend towards electronic entertainment while still providing a means of play when the kid does want to unplug.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »
Cyber what do you have against them making a game being a little more on the mature side, sounds like you are against them making a game for teens and adults can enjoy too?

Teens and adults already enjoy MLP -- I think we're all proof of that -- so there's really no need to make it more violent or whatever to appeal to an older crowd especially when the heart of MLP is (or should be) kids.

Also Animal Crossing or Skylanders-esque MLP games = yes, yes, yes for me. :heart:

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2014, 05:25:50 AM »
It could be a DS game ala the phone game we have now, but I wouldn't want a REAL hardcore game. It wouldn't do well. I would love to have a little sim DS game that follows the story with fun mini games and stuff. Heck, maybe even a tactics game to beat the Big Baddies.

Post Merge: May 08, 2014, 05:28:12 AM

This! MLP does not need violence. Beating the Big Baddies is enough. It doesn't need swords, blood, any of that. Even if a fighting tactic was included attacks would be like X magic spell or Elements attack.

God no Skylanders please! I can't afford that! XD
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:28:12 AM by brittney_rochelle »

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »

I'm sure a lot of mothers will complain if there is violence in a videogame for little girls... Pokémon is one of the 'softest' battle game I've seen and it still recieves complaints... :whistle:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:49 AM »
I think a detective MLP game would be cute.  Start off with solving "little" crimes using clues (like "who ate Pinkie Pie's cake") and work your way up until you're foiling a plot by Chrysalis to unthrone Celestia or something.

I agree that the target demographic should be kept in mind--no gore, no blood--but at the same time I remember loving RaMC as a kid, which had lots of darkness and drama.  MLP FIM has an older intended demographic than the G3 specials did and I think they can handle--and would probably welcome--some dramatic tension.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

diamondshy

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »

I think it's not so much that they can't handle it, but lessening the focus on combat and redirecting a lot of the activity in other was would be more in-line with current games (like the card game) and the show (where physical fights do happen, but problems are usually solved other ways).   :)

If it were a brony game, then yeah, I'd expect a heavier combat system; I'd love to see more sequences like the "fight your way through changelings in Canterlot!" bit.  But in-house or licensed, not so much, that'd be more puzzle and character driven.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
I get why they need blood and gore in video games.  A friend of mine is playing through Dragon Age where blood literally explodes out of something when it's hit and the character gets covered in blood.  I was sitting there thinking "does this really improve the enjoyment of the game?"

I could see them going with something similar with the Legend of Zelda where it's more about puzzle solving.  There's combat, but it's mostly against random monsters that disappear when you defeat them and very little is required.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
Given what My Little Pony is, if they made an My Little Pony video game, it should be like Skylanders where each brushable pony toy can be place on or in an interface of some type and acts as an avatar in the game.  It would be a win-win for Hasbro.  Kids would want to collect the characters to open up more of the game.  It would also be a toy that fits into the trend towards electronic entertainment while still providing a means of play when the kid does want to unplug.

I like this idea.  I would personally like the idea of an adventure/exploring game.  Maybe one where all of your ponies can work together to accomplish goals so that the more ponies you buy, the more /faster you can accomplish goals.  That would certainly drive up toy sells.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
I grew up on Zelda and tons of "Violent" games and yes most games are "Violent" no matter how you look at it. We could argue till the sun went down a hundred years from now about what should be made, what, where, who, how..... :pillow:
But its only A Idea, a opinion, a thought.  :art:

I think there's nothing wrong with dreaming..... If you don't agree with another persons dream, go dream your own ideas if you think they are better. But arguing  :what: :dizzy:

Back on topic- I would love to see a shopping area with endless stuff to upgrade.. I hate playing a game and I collect everything there is to get in days. Yet I still collect coins/money (basically for nothing). The game gets put on the shelf with all the rest.  :dumbpc:
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal