collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy a MLP video game? (Read details below)

Yes
Maybe
No, not interested
No, don't play video games

Author Topic: My Little Pony console video game?  (Read 4188 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony console video game?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
I love Skyrim (except those spiders...) but like TF2 I don't like them mixed with MLP.

A MLP Sims game does sound fun though...

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
i hate sims. hoenstly.  But i would LOVE  a mlp  game for say the ps3 or the wii.  i'm with the  others who say i cant afford a pricey system. 

but i'd love to see soemthign with  beautiful graphics.. great   cut scenes  like..  a FF  13  or   so style.  or even   Star ocean or the other Ff  style.    but nothing  overly gorey  or  graphic. with a great story. but nothing  too easy that you can beat in an hour.

but agian i  doubt a game of this caliber would be for kids. it would likely be catered to     bronys or   adults or teens. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vulpy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
If they were to make an MLP RPG, they should take a page out of Dragon Age: Origin's book. Different paths, lots of choice, actually feels like you're on an adventure, good combat system, good character interaction etc. However, I would prefer it if it was based on G1 and drawn / generated in the style of Rescue To Midnight Castle. An RPG would suit G1 more.

And no, I don't want it to have blood / gore. I did mention Dragon Age, yes, but a Dragon Age-styled game doesn't need blood in it to work. Scars / bruises is as far as I would personally go if I was making an official MLP-themed thing. ;3 I believe that the darker themes should stay as fanart, and NEVER venture into official products. This is why the Brony impact on FIM's writers worries me sometimes lol. XD (Infanart,I'mreallydark>.>)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what time brings us. I'm sure they'll make a G4 game, because they make a G4 everything else. XD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
So many different opinions, I went to bed after I posted this so just reading them now! About the war idea that was just one random idea I had, I feel a MLP RPG game with endless hours of guests, choices and options would probably pull in so many new fans as well!

Mario, Zelda type story line but with more freedom like Fable and Skyrim sounds perfect to me, of course they would need to include lots of mane 6 I'm sure and quests revolving around them, but I think it would be amazing if they let you create your own character and start as a baby, grow to a filly, earn your cutie mark, advance in the world, live where you want to live, meet who you want to meet, play with your friends, discover your destiny, all of that! If you were a unicorn you could go to a school of magic and learn and master new spells, if you were a pegasus you could learn new flying abilities, etc. Glad someone mentioned Banjo Kazooie and Rare style of game I would love that, Rare would be a great company to develop the game I think! I love Rare games all I know is if hasbro ever grows a brain they would make a game for the consoles and I hope it would be something like I described and not just a short little story line game and then its over! I want tons of options, character design, locations, extra content, easter eggs, all of that!

For Sale Wants

jemboi

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »
I'd love a legit MLP rpg. Maybe even an mmorpg. So many possibilities but Hasbro will capitalize on none of them. Imagine how popular an official well made pony console game would be!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »
For me? No. I am kind of fed up with everything else taking its own little bit of ponies. I may sound like a fuddy duddy but I really would like if we could stick to toys and some simple merch. I dont understand the desire to cross MLP with absolutely everything in gaming/internet culture.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
For me? No. I am kind of fed up with everything else taking its own little bit of ponies. I may sound like a fuddy duddy but I really would like if we could stick to toys and some simple merch. I dont understand the desire to cross MLP with absolutely everything in gaming/internet culture.
I wouldn't mind everything else if it were in addition to a really great toy line. But I agree, I'd rather MLP was focused on making more awesome ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind everything else if it were in addition to a really great toy line. But I agree, I'd rather MLP was focused on making more awesome ponies.

:like:

Yes. If the fan created stuff and the spin offs were minor or just complimentary to the toy line that would be ok. But right now I am starting to feel MLP is more about the merch and licensing than it is about the toys. So for the most part I am grumpy Cat on it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
I'd love a MLP RPG, as long as it was it accessible to all ages.  You could still have antagonists, just don't make it gory.  Like in the Zelda games . . . I played those as a kid. :)

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
I'd love a MLP RPG, as long as it was it accessible to all ages.  You could still have antagonists, just don't make it gory.  Like in the Zelda games . . . I played those as a kid. :)

Right I wouldn't expect it to be gory either an all ages type of game, Zelda, Banjo, Mario type with a Fable/ElderScrolls twist is perfection in my eyes!

For Sale Wants

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »
Absolutely! I'm a gamer and if the game looks fun to play then I'd absolutely get it ^.^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »
Think, Zelda... but pink.
With a cartoony 3D look.

Or something simple like Paper Mario esque.
Actually I think we're forgetting a simple game that had magic and flying controls in it, and wasn't overly violent.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:52:30 PM by PrincessGlitterBloom »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
As for the graphics I think that would be pretty cool or maybe even more realistic like these I encourage you to watch I think the graphics would fit perfect for a video game they are so cute!
Party with Pinkie Pie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrVLrq6kDg
Nightmare Night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhRaWNaSPM
Fluttershys Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSwrzTFwEw&hd=1
Sonic Rainboom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RNqtpz7y2U
Sunshine and Celery Stalks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubC-0HpOrhM

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:17:15 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
I would want a MLP game in the style of a 2D action-adventure RPG.  A bit like Zelda but with RPG elements like leveling-up and a less linear story perhaps.  Oh course, it would have to be fun for kids and not gory!  But I'm a sucker for big atmospheric dungeons and JRPGs, so if there could be a game like that I would be thrilled.  I'm imagining a game like Alundra but with a party of four or so ponies, classic RPG elements, and a kid-friendly story.

Offline Cyber-Satan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
Let's think about this: Should the title of this topic be..
- My Little Pony: The Video Game?
- Brony: The Video Game?

Come on..let's be realistic to what MLP's original intentions were/are.
The franchise was originally created for a YOUNG demographic of CHILDREN.
If My Little Pony was creatively taken over by the Brony community, things like THIS would start to occur.
I have NOTHING against Bronies. Nothing..but please! If people want games like this created for FiM it should be kept within the Brony community.
Realisticly, if Hasbro was going to make an MLP Video Game, it would certainly be more along the lines of CHILD-FRIENDLY concepts, not this "lets make an MLP version of Skyrim" business.
I agree - there is ALOT of potential within FiM that could lead to video games. The lore is a lot more rich, characters are quirky and the adventure elements have a lot that could be made into video games..but you've got to remember what MLP was originally made for.
Children. So the Video Game would more than likely be catered to..*gasp* children!

*Long Breath*
 :whistle:

...Anyway. If MLP was made into a Video Game I think an Interactive World would be perfect! What with all the amazing scenery. But of course the playable factors and stories would have to be rather simple to keep within the original age demographic. Maybe not as tounge and cheek as some of the other titles. None of this "we have to make a dress for Minty's birthday!" or whatever, there could be a lot more to it than that. I just think - keep it bright, colourful, easy to control and with a story line that appeals to young ages.

Apologies for the rant! :blush:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:42:48 AM by Cyber-Satan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal