collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amazing Deal at Target and a shot in the dark for others...  (Read 3232 times)

enabler

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Amazing Deal at Target and a shot in the dark for others...
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
I'm glad this worked for some of you at least. The first pony I got, I picked it up and went to the register and they did a price override. The second one I ordered through Target.com and they tried giving me a small pony that wasn't the right one anyway (by their in-store item numbers) and I showed them the picture on my phone and told them that is what it should be and they matched it.

I do have a feeling that some locations/managers might also give some leeway if you are getting it as an item for a toy drive? If I get another one and they give me issues that is what I am going to tell them. But as everyone above said, try leaving and coming back or trying another day/another store.

I do think that the picking it up and taking it to the register might have a better success rate though.

Happy Hunting!

Offline honestjonstoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
Got one, picked it up in the toy department and took it to Customer Service.  Showed them the ad on my phone. They matched it. Yay.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
Isn't it a bit dishonest though? When it is clearly a mistake?  I agree Target is an evil corporate monster, but I'd feel like I was stealing.

I guess it's safe to say that when the mistake is caught, the person who put up the wrong photo will loose her or his job.

ponygrl07

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
Isn't it a bit dishonest though? When it is clearly a mistake?  I agree Target is an evil corporate monster, but I'd feel like I was stealing.

I guess it's safe to say that when the mistake is caught, the person who put up the wrong photo will loose her or his job.

I don't feel that its dishonest. I am still paying for the item. (It may not be at full price). At the end of the year/season the ponies that do not sell are sold to second chain stores (Ross etc) and clearanced out at very low prices.

To the person who made the mistake (working in retail) most cases this isnt a firing offence. Mistakes happen. I just like to think I got a deal for an item.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »

I don't feel that its dishonest. I am still paying for the item. (It may not be at full price). At the end of the year/season the ponies that do not sell are sold to second chain stores (Ross etc) and clearanced out at very low prices.

To the person who made the mistake (working in retail) most cases this isnt a firing offence. Mistakes happen. I just like to think I got a deal for an item.

Well, this isn't a toy that hasn't sold that the store is taking a loss on- I think $2.99 is probably way less than they paid Hasbro for the toy (which they list at $34 right?) Based on Costco's sale price  of $19.99, I suspect the base price of the toy (the price that retailers pay) is more like $12-$16. 

But for sure you aren't doing anything technically illegal. And again, Target isn't exactly my favorite business. They've done some pretty crappy things so I guess I should not object to anything that hurts it a bit.

ponygrl07

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 02:26:40 PM »

Well, this isn't a toy that hasn't sold that the store is taking a loss on- I think $2.99 is probably way less than they paid Hasbro for the toy (which they list at $34 right?) Based on Costco's sale price  of $19.99, I suspect the base price of the toy (the price that retailers pay) is more like $12-$16. 

But for sure you aren't doing anything technically illegal. And again, Target isn't exactly my favorite business. They've done some pretty crappy things so I guess I should not object to anything that hurts it a bit.
I think this one rang up at 16.99 regular price being 19.99. I think the markup on toys is usually fairly high (Im not sure tho). But I suppose that Target may be taking a hit on the item. I don't feel as though its truly hurting them (considering I'm a customer for life and I know that I over pay on many items to avoid going to Walmart HAHA >_<) I think its a personal stance on the issue. I like to think neither of us is wrong. Just different in the way we the think about the subject :)

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »
Does anyone know what Easter pony is actually supposed to be pictured?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
Here's the listing for the pony people are getting for 2.99
http://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-fluttershy-sparkle-style-pony/-/A-15391469#prodSlot=medium_3_3&term=little+pony

She's $34.99, and because she is so new, she hasn't been on sale yet.

ponygrl07

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »
The pony I got and the one that is pictured as the "Easter" pony.
Its not the Fluttershy its the Pinkie Pie.

http://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-easter-figure/-/A-14898507#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=easter+pony
thats the link for the pony on Targets website.

enabler

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
Here's the listing for the pony people are getting for 2.99
http://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-fluttershy-sparkle-style-pony/-/A-15391469#prodSlot=medium_3_3&term=little+pony

She's $34.99, and because she is so new, she hasn't been on sale yet.

If you look at the first post on this thread, the link posted shows Pinkie Pie, not Fluttershy, so I'm not quite sure where Fluttershy came into this, lol.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
They handed me a bagged Lily Blossom and I didn't argue it, lol.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 05:24:09 PM »

I know they are a corporate giant but I am with you...I would feel forever guilty. Like the time I accidentally stole a 35p magazine I didnt realise had fallen in between 2 school folders I had in my basket - 20 years ago...and it still haunts me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline honestjonstoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »
Pic has been up since the 13th. How many customers has Target cheated (accidentally or not) with this bait and switch?  I don't feel an iota of guilt about  my purchase.  If it is not fixed tomorrow, I shall buy another.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
Thanks so much for this thread!  I've got two nieces who I was stumped on for Christmas...I just ordered three and am picking up tomorrow.  Hope it goes off without a glitch! :)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »
it is acutly suppposed to be the small bagged pony.   and do i feel guilty?  no.  hoenstly  if  i could have    gotten away with it i would ahve got two.  becuae hoesntly it IS  a   bait and switch.   and  for the most part they arent honoring it. and i  do expect them to fix  it eventually.

also.. has anyone  tried to prcie match it via TRU? i know that they  do price matches. and if you  have trouble with it at target try TRU

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal