collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162821 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2012, 08:23:22 AM »
Just wanted to come here and say Mattel is sending me a replacement Nefera since the arm broke on the one I bought a couple nights ago!! I am VERY pleased with their customer service, wow! :) I just hope the quality on her makeup and such is as nice as the one I picked out for myself. Very happy camper right now!

On a side note - would anyone be interested in buying a Nefera with a broken off ball socket?

Wow, that's awesome Aerosmith_Gal! I've been debating on calling Mattel for Nefera as well, just out of principal and I'm still worried about her knees snapping. I know I could probably get a replacement, though I love the face on mine and I've already seen some of them with wonk eye that I'd hate to get one that didn't look quite as nice. I guess that I could always swap heads. :)

I still have my receipt and box. What do they need from you when you call?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2012, 08:34:57 AM »
Wow, that's awesome Aerosmith_Gal! I've been debating on calling Mattel for Nefera as well, just out of principal and I'm still worried about her knees snapping. I know I could probably get a replacement, though I love the face on mine and I've already seen some of them with wonk eye that I'd hate to get one that didn't look quite as nice. I guess that I could always swap heads. :)

I still have my receipt and box. What do they need from you when you call?

Very awesome! :D I didn't even call them - I did a live chat with a rep on their website. I only brought the shell of her box with me to work and that was enough. The guy needed a number from the back of her box and that was it. :) I have read that it sometimes depends on the rep you get to talk to... some people have had to send their broken dolls in and some just got replacement dolls like I am getting.

I hope you have good luck if you decide to call, Mandy!

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
Whee! Just talked to a rep and they're sending out a new doll for me as well. I'm really impressed with their customer service and can't praise them enough. I have over twenty dolls and I have yet to have one break on me in any way so I felt like a total goober to have it happen when I kind of overspent with AD just to get the latest releases early.

Thank you for posting your experience A_G. It really gave me the push I needed, where I probably would have just sucked it up and remained silent otherwise. I urge everyone to give Mattel a ring if you find yourself with a broken doll. The whole process was a breeze and they seem more than willing to set things right.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
wow, that's good to know.  My Nefera has an arm I can't bend...I know if I try to bend it again, the socket is going to break.  It's already cracked from my first attempt at moving it.  I thought her elbow was just turned the wrong way *sadface*

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »

I need some info asap!

For the people who have Nefera and Operetta...  Is the arch of Nefera's widow's peak higher on one side than the other? And is Operetta's monocle always crushed into her victory roll curl? I found them both tonight and I'm not sure if they're good enough to keep.  :/

I'm sure this is too late, but of the 8 Operettas I saw yesterday, only one didn't have her curl mooshed by her monocle.  I actually didn't even buy her because her eye paint looked streaky, so I bought a mooshed one.  You might get lucky and find one, but if you want to get her any time soon, I would just go with good paint and mooshy-ness.  Otherwise, you might be waiting a while for a perfect one! 

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
Whee! Just talked to a rep and they're sending out a new doll for me as well. I'm really impressed with their customer service and can't praise them enough. I have over twenty dolls and I have yet to have one break on me in any way so I felt like a total goober to have it happen when I kind of overspent with AD just to get the latest releases early.

Thank you for posting your experience A_G. It really gave me the push I needed, where I probably would have just sucked it up and remained silent otherwise. I urge everyone to give Mattel a ring if you find yourself with a broken doll. The whole process was a breeze and they seem more than willing to set things right.

Yay!! That is FABULOUS news, Mandy! I am so glad they pulled through for you as well. It's comforting to know that they are so willing to help in case there are future instances like this. I have a feeling there is going to be a slew of Neferas out there with broken parts unfortunately.

*edited because I left out a word.  :blush:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:19:29 AM by Aerosmith_Gal »

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »

That's exactly how my Walmart looks! Frustrating isn't it?????

SAME HERE! and my Target and TRU :< so sad!

We're a bunch of junkies who need our doll fixes. :P

IT'S TRUE!! It's like TORTURE here!! *flails*

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
I have a question - Hopefully this isn't to dumb LOL

At my Walmart I was looking at the tags and noticed something odd. The Cupid doll had her own tag with a price of $21.97 and there was a separate tag for Sweet 1600 Doll Assm priced at $22.97. There isn't anything new coming out for that line right? I checked out Mandy's post (which is an amazing reference guide, thanks for that). I can't understand why it would be just a dollar off and why Cupid isn't mixed in with the rest of the dolls?

I figured I'd see the experts on that  ^.^

MissSleepless

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
Finally found Skull Shores in my local Asda! *dances* Draculaura's anchor heels and earings just....eeeeee....Just had to share as we've never had them in our Asda, and I'm hoping this means they'll be stocking Cupid come february. :D

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
Congratz! Mattel only sends me coupons when my monster high dolls break

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
I have a question - Hopefully this isn't to dumb LOL

At my Walmart I was looking at the tags and noticed something odd. The Cupid doll had her own tag with a price of $21.97 and there was a separate tag for Sweet 1600 Doll Assm priced at $22.97. There isn't anything new coming out for that line right? I checked out Mandy's post (which is an amazing reference guide, thanks for that). I can't understand why it would be just a dollar off and why Cupid isn't mixed in with the rest of the dolls?

I figured I'd see the experts on that  ^.^

Not a dumb question at all. It's strange that Cupid was listed at $21.97 though, when she's coming up as $18.87 on their website. I wonder if it was a pricing error or if she's just cheaper online?

I think they have Cupid priced at less though because she doesn't come with as much as the other Sweet 1600 dolls. The other characters have dresses for Draculaura and code keys to unlock virtual items on the website, where Cupid only has her purse and stand for accessories. Since she's also a store exclusive, that gives her her own item number and sets her aside from a typical case assortment. :)

Finally found Skull Shores in my local Asda! *dances* Draculaura's anchor heels and earings just....eeeeee....Just had to share as we've never had them in our Asda, and I'm hoping this means they'll be stocking Cupid come february. :D

Ooh, congrats! :) I really like this version of Draculaura more than I thought I would. She's really pretty and her outfit is just adorable, so much nicer than her Gloom Beach version. I may have to grab her when I run into her in stores.

Good luck on finding Cupid! I'm thinking that they're really going to be pushing her come February, so hopefully your Adsa has her in stock then.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:41:49 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys! I definitely would like upgrades, but I think I'm going to hold onto these girls for a bit just in case they're hard to find. Dolls have been scarce for a long time here. >.<

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2012, 10:16:01 AM »
Thanks Mandy!

That actually makes sense as far as her being an exclusive and kept separate. I HOPE she's only $18.87 because I'm going to need a part time job soon if all these new dolls keep coming out. I still haven't caught up on previous ones.

I broke down at TRU a week or so after Christmas. I paid way to much for my 1600 Frankie, but she was the only one and I got nervous I won't see her again for a while. Which is totally true considering the shelves I've seen.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »
I keep forgetting that Cupid is an exclusive....man i hate Walmart - lol oh well, gotta brave it for the love of dolls :lol:

mlpgal -- I can totally understand breaking down over S1600 Frankie....i got her for Christmas and i LOVE her. Now I must track down S1600 Lala....the dresses are fabulous :heart:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:08 AM »
Walmart runs different prices online and in store for A LOT of things. Depending on your Walmart you can try to get them to match the online price... we do it all the time for customers in my department, but I think it's up to the Store Manager's discrection whether your store does it or not. It never hurts to ask, right?

Anyways, I went doll hunting today and up getting one each of Nefera and Operetta for trades and such on here. They had two left of each doll when I was done, plus a Cleo, and a Toralei. This was in the Target in Wareham, Mass btw..... it's farther away from me than the Kingston Target, but they always seem to bring new stuff out quicker and still have it in stock when I go... I think it's because the store sees less traffic than mine. Anywho, I plan going to check there first from now on, even if it is 25 minutes away instead of 7. lol. Plymouth Walmart had stock Dead Tired Dolls (all of them) but no sign of any signature dolls, BUT they were stocking in full force when I was there around 11:30, so I'll check back tonight before I punch in for my shift. TRU had CAM sets, both starter and add-on, and Lagoona's Hydration Station, but nothing else. My grocery store still had the same dolls as last week.

Anyways, there's my report! LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal