collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162913 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1170 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
Operetta is sold out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even with the newer more detailed pics of Halloween Clawdeen I just CANNOT stand her look! I thought she was a fashionista, isn't that her goal, her dream...but this outfit would get her banned from Milan. (sorry so harsh I'm just disappointed)

The characters in that line are supposed to be dressed as OTT versions of the movie monsters based on their parents. Hence why Clawdeen does not look like she's strutting the latest fashion off the runway. If you look at werewolves in several older monster movies (pre-pre-CGI :p), a lot of the elements make sense.

Of course, if they aren't your cup of tea, they aren't your cup of tea- this isn't a "love them or else!" kind of response :P I've just seen a lot of people here and in other communities who seemed to have missed WHY they look so different and OTT.  They aren't as high on my want list as some of the other new stuff we've seen, but I do really like a lot of the elements. Especially Draculaura- that hair and those luscious bat-wings!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
o geeze, don't get me started on walmart employees not doing their work.

Once I got yelled at just because I nicely and politely asked a simple question about if they had items in stock (Ponies, this was when I first started off collecting).

Ever since then I actually never had any luck with finding or buying anything doll/pony related. Most of my purchases were at either Target or Toys R Us.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 14, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
Yup, Cupid has shown up in Ontario.....not sure about the Halloween Clawdeen thing though.

Canadian peeps - have any of you been able to find Cupid yet? I haven't found a hint of her in any Walmart around me (I'm in BC), and I'm a little concerned we'll be skipped over with all the new releases coming out. :(

Also (again, Canadian peeps), has anyone heard a rumor about the Clawdeen/Howleen packs coming to Zellers ( since Target now owns Zellers)?

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 14, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »
P.S.S. Does anyone else have the urge to rehair Draculaura? I want to like her, but God, I hate the pink streaks in her hair! She's the only MH of the core six dolls that I only have one of...just little ol' DOTD Draculaura. I want another, but I just can't find one that I like...
Yes, I do have the urge to rehair her, I hate her bangs and the pink streaks. I have GB & DotD Draculauras and I actually used black permanent marker to see if I could at least eliminate the pink stripes from her bangs. It worked, but I'm still hating the bangs. :pullhair:
I dye my own hair black, so next time I will try the dye on her too. I've tested with white G1 pony hair few years ago, it didn't take too well but the MH doll hair seems a bit different so we shall see.. (GB Draculaura is my test victim).
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1174 on: February 14, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »
I think im one of the very few actually underwhelmed by Rochelle. I was the same with Venus and Robecca at first too but that soon passed and I'm fairly excited now for both but im still 'meh' about Rochelle.

Not sure what it is, if it's to too pale skin or the choice of pink for her second colour. I hate pink, and mattel has been very successful with it considering Barbie's very long reign as Queen of girls toys. We already have Draculaura, Cupid, now Venus (hot pink and green) and Rochelle (stone grey and pink). I think Im a little bit concerned Mattel will fall back on pink as a 'safe' colour.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
Mattel responded, for those of you concerned about ordering through the mattel shop!

Thank you for contacting MattelShop.com regarding Clawd Wolf.

We are aware of the issue on the site, and we apologize for any
inconvenience that the mix-up may have caused. The pictures are reversed
on the site, but we have checked the warehouse SKUs, and they match. If
you place an order for the item that has the description of Clawd Wolf
(not the picture), you will be placing the order for the correct item.

We have also received word that the literature that comes with the doll
is in English, and not in the Spanish that is shown on the site. 

If there is anything that we can further assist with, please do not
hesitate to give us a call at the number listed below.

Thanks again for contacting us. We look forward to assisting you again
soon!

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
P.S.S. Does anyone else have the urge to rehair Draculaura? I want to like her, but God, I hate the pink streaks in her hair! She's the only MH of the core six dolls that I only have one of...just little ol' DOTD Draculaura. I want another, but I just can't find one that I like...
Yes, I do have the urge to rehair her, I hate her bangs and the pink streaks. I have GB & DotD Draculauras and I actually used black permanent marker to see if I could at least eliminate the pink stripes from her bangs. It worked, but I'm still hating the bangs. :pullhair:
I dye my own hair black, so next time I will try the dye on her too. I've tested with white G1 pony hair few years ago, it didn't take too well but the MH doll hair seems a bit different so we shall see.. (GB Draculaura is my test victim).

I'd try to find a dye designed for textiles or actual doll hair dye. Human hair dye doesn't bond well with fake hair. Also, for reference, the majority of the MH hair is saran and some kanekalon. I'd honestly re-root, myself. You wouldn't want the dye to drip or seep into the doll's head and then stain the face.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1177 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »

I'd try to find a dye designed for textiles or actual doll hair dye. Human hair dye doesn't bond well with fake hair. Also, for reference, the majority of the MH hair is saran and some kanekalon. I'd honestly re-root, myself. You wouldn't want the dye to drip or seep into the doll's head and then stain the face.

I agree, I wouldn't use human hair dye
while MLP are nylon hair -- yup i believe the MH girls have more of a saran hair (feels a little softer than pony hair) but a dye like RIT or Dylon would be a better choice than the dye for your hair
good luck!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:13:16 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

ppufi

« Reply #1178 on: February 14, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »
Woo, I got C.A. Cupid for Valentine's Day. :)

toralei

« Reply #1179 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

Love the speckled skin  :lovey:

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1180 on: February 14, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »
her eyes look larger/wider...tho it might just be my imagination
i do love the skin, and her wings :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Yeah, her eyes are a little "Weird" looking to me but maybe I'll get used to them once she's released. I guess they do make her look more cuter and on the sweet side. lol

I think they should speckle her head, that way her face'll match her body, texture wise instead of just matching the color. I really want a better look at her horns.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »

I agree, I wouldn't use human hair dye
while MLP are nylon hair -- yup i believe the MH girls have more of a saran hair (feels a little softer than pony hair) but a dye like RIT or Dylon would be a better choice than the dye for your hair
good luck!
I haven't had much luck with RIT when it comes to dyeing something black.. I do have it (just in case) so that will be my other option. The pony's hair was left as a 'stormy grey' shade (dyeing white to black with human hair dye, just because I had a bait lying around the bathroom while I dyed my own hair  :P ) so at least it would probably do something for the shade and if it looks bad I can try RIT or reroot.  Actually have to root some parts of DotD Draculaura's head anyway because she has quite bad balding going on on top of her head (probably on purpose, to save hair when they though people wouldn't remove the ponytail hairdo).
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

EmoKuu

« Reply #1183 on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
I think Rochelle has spekling on her face, at least I can notice a few dots. I think she's pretty adorable. :) Robecca looks too much like a Jersey fried chicken to me, but I like Venus and Rochelle.

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 15, 2012, 01:23:02 AM »
Oh, Rochelle- when will you and Venus be nestled on my dolly shelf? I just love her and her stony skin. And her wings. Two things: I hope those are horns and not ears. And I'm really hoping the majority of her hair is a pale pink. The more vibrant pink of Cupid's hair was a small disappointment, since the original promo shot made her look like she had a cloud of cotton candy on her head.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal