collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny pony play memories  (Read 376 times)

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
Funny pony play memories
« on: August 11, 2013, 12:07:59 PM »
Just remembered a funny assumption I made as a child. Thought I should share.

I was born in the mid-nineties and thus grew up with the G2's, and loved them dearly. Since I loved My Little Ponies very much my parents got me pony movies too - one in my native languange (where something happens with a stone in Flutter Valley or something...? I really should watch it again if I knew the name :P ), and The Movie in a languange I didn't know (and it's only recently that I watched it again and was like "Oh, so THAT's what it's about!  :lol: ), and both were starring flutter ponies.

I loved the Flutter Ponies. But of course these movies are G1, but I didn't know that  :P
And some of my ponies  HAD to be Flutter ponies. I don't remember how I made this assumption, but eventually I figured the flutter ponies were the ponies with tinsel.

So all G2's with tinsel = FLUTTER PONIES

... So I guess their wings are just invisible.

(All the "changing tails" were also alive. Bubble's yellow tail was like her sidekick  :lol: )
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Funny pony play memories
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »
Lol - I love things like that!

When I was a little girl I had 2 Applejacks - shy pose and collectors pose. At no point in my head were these the "same" pony. They were 2 different and unique ponies, with their own characters and no one back then would have been able to convince me they were the same pony - one called Applejack and one called Tom.

Its why I think Hasbro unfortunately do know what they are doing with re release after re release. Kids are crazy creative when it comes to their toys  :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:51:05 PM »
When I was little (in the mid/late 80's), my parents had a lot of dubbed tapes.  One of them had part of one of the G1 pony cartoons on it, so I knew they existed.
When we were little, my older sister and I would play "Ponies Meet the Legos" with my older brother.  With this being so much fun, and me not understanding how those dubbed movies got onto those tapes, one day bugged my mom until she wrote "Ponies Meet the Legos" on the side.  And I was terribly confused and disappointed when it didn't work...  I must have only been 3 or 4 years old at the time...  And I think I still might have that tape  :lol:

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »
These stories are so cute! :)

I remember the first time I found out that the G3s have magnets on their feet. I was clutching my Sparkleworks pony tightly while walking very close to my mom's parked car in the driveway. Suddenly Sparkleworks pulled away from me and stuck to the car!  :lol:

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
I wish I could remember more about how I played with toys. :blush: I remember that Twilight was the mentor/teacher/grandmother to all my other ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:09:50 AM »
I used to play Travelling Ponies, which involved organizing them in a queue after some principle (size, colour etc) and then moving the whole lot forward in small steps one pony at a time. The funny part is that at least one other person I know of has invented Travelling Ponies independently of me. Not that the idea is extremely original...

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 04:35:18 AM »
The weirdest thing I ever did with ponies was the "pony balancing gardens".  This started when I tried to do a cheerleader style pyramid with ponies.  I ended up taking over our upstairs hall creating "sculptures" of ponies.  Here are some I remember:

Powder and Skyflier, facing each other.  Baby Firefly standing on their noses.

Baby Tiddley Winks across Quarterback's back

The aforementioned pyramid of collector pose all done with Birthflower Ponies

It took me literally days.  Because I had to use all my ponies.  I had over a hundred.

Mom let me keep it up for a week so I could take my family members on "tours" of the "Gardens."  I know my parents would wake up when one of the displays fell over in the night and i would always have to fix any fallen sculptures before each tour. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal