collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal holding funds - a buyer needs help =(  (Read 915 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal holding funds - a buyer needs help =(
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »
I know ebay Australia won't let me print an international shipping label (which is SOOO annoying, but I get it with proof of ID required and all that jazz!) so it'll take three days for the funds to get to my bank a/c to ship on international sales (because usually shipping is quite a bit and I can't afford it out-of-pocket). But that's why I have a 3-day handling time on my auctions, in case an overseas buyer purchases. When I was a new buyer, I just restricted my auctions to domestic only, and printed the labels from ebay. Ignorance of policy is not an excuse - read it before you start selling. I'm glad your items have shipped - good on you for standing up for yourself - that seller was definitely in the wrong!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 03:49:32 AM »
15 positive feedback is not a lot, and it sounds to me like eBay is still treating this seller as a new seller.  So yes, they are holding her her funds.  The responsible thing for your seller to do would be to ship your items immediately.  But it sounds like she is refusing to do so until the funds clear, and it sounds like you are not the only one she is doing it to.

Don't leave feedback yet.  I would keep trying to contact her and if all else fails, contact eBay and consider opening a case. 

Ebay's purpose for holding funds is to ensure that each new seller acts responsibly with buyers (by shipping in a timely manner, and not stealing, etc.) but sometimes it can be counter-productive when sellers don't understand the limitations or feel their inconveniences should be passed on to their buyers.

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »
Well, she messaged me on the 3rd saying she has posted the ponies and would upload tracking details ASAP. Heard nothing by today and felt 4 days was plenty enough time to give me tracking details, plus the ponies haven't arrived yet, which if she had posted them on Monday like she says she has, with the kind of postage I paid, they would be here by now. So I escalated the case.

Customer service has refunded me the money I paid for the ponies, which I am grateful for, but at the end of the day I wanted the ponies more than anything =( maybe they will turn up at some point but I very much doubt it now, so I suppose its to negative feedback I go =(

At this point, I feel at liberty to mention this seller is mlpboutique, so others can be cautious of buying from her. I don't believe she intentionally tried to scam me of anything, but she just doesn't feel very reliable.

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »
Its good you got your money back. Hopefully the seller has learned that its simpler just to follow ebay rules in this case and ship as soon as she can.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
Awe, what a sucky thing to do to you! I know as a "new" seller they held my funds from every sale. I HAD to ship quickly because it said that was what was expected in order to get rid of the hold on the funds. Even now i don't put anything for sale unless i have enough in pocket to ship the most expensive way to the furthest distance possible. Sux, but at least it kept me on my toes :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »
Thank you for filling us in on this.  I'm terribly sorry for the loss of a good lot of ponies.  =(

Please make sure to leave her appropriate feedback, so future buyers will be made aware as well.

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
Well I guess as a final resolution to this thread I left her negative and she responded with positive feedback that said 'seller could not wait to payment to clear' I'm gonna assume the first to was meant to be a for.

She definitely did not post those ponies so that was an outright lie on her part. Looking back I think she said that to try and pacify me while she waited for it to clear. I don't understand what wasn't clear about the message and link I initially sent - ship them and they'll release the funds sooner. She never seemed to respond to that suggestion either.

She's not relisted them at all (I'm too sympathetic and I did really want that lot so I was stalking her sales a bit) but I'm positive they weren't posted. Oh well.

I also dinged her stars on dispatch and communication because it was blotchy and forced through the case process.

What annoys me the most is an auction of hers for a non pony lot that ended the same day as mine left her positive on the first of March. Obviously she could find the time to post that but not for me =\

Thanks for everyone's help through this, it was extremely helpful for a non confident online shopper like me who had no idea what was going on! Hopefully other buyers won't be disappointed by her in the future

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:23 AM »
Wow what a really disappointing situation :(  Ok I do feel bad for new seller who have their funds held, but really they need to know whats going to happen and be prepared for it *before* they try selling - and holding the buyers item until the money clears is *not* right.  Neither is lying to you about the ponies being sent, or sending someone elses item but not yours. I think she messed up bigtime due to inexperience rather than deliberately trying to scam , but she should not have messed you about like that and the bad feedback was deserved.  I hope that you find the ponies you want from a better seller soon :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »
Her feedback for you is a touch misleading as well to be honest because it makes it sound as though the reason you left negative was because of something you had done. I would consider asking ebay for a feedback revision on that - its almost a false positive.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal