collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Someone filed a chargeback on me  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Someone filed a chargeback on me
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
Good to hear you found the form!  I agree that a call can sometimes be very helpful, otherwise it tends to be an automatic process :P

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »
It was an ebay sale, but the chargeback alert came through paypal - who would be best to call?

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 01:59:51 PM »
Call ebay.  =)  They're very helpful, and actually I think they may own paypal...?

Post Merge: March 19, 2014, 02:02:07 PM

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/contact-customer-support.html

You should click "contact us" and it will give you a code to enter after you call.  Can be a bit tricky to locate the page, but click around, it's there.  If nothing else, here's the 1800 number:

1 (866) 540-3229 (Consumer)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:02:07 PM by cloud_weaver »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Skitterbug

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
on the phone with paypal now actually!

edit: Just got off the phone - the lady confirmed that I AM covered with seller protection. She released the hold on the payment and told me the average response time for the credit card company is 75-80 days (yikes) but AT THIS POINT, it looks like i do get to keep my money. She told me I did everything right and that the information I provided was good, so that's a relief.

Hopefully nothing changes while they discuss with the credit card company, but things are currently leaning more towards positive.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:06:47 PM by Skitterbug »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
They do own Paypal  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:38 PM »

edit: Just got off the phone - the lady confirmed that I AM covered with seller protection. She released the hold on the payment and told me the average response time for the credit card company is 75-80 days (yikes) but AT THIS POINT, it looks like i do get to keep my money. She told me I did everything right and that the information I provided was good, so that's a relief.

Hopefully nothing changes while they discuss with the credit card company, but things are currently leaning more towards positive.

Yay!  Great news!  Ebay has really gotten worlds safer than it was when I first started using it.  I can't tell you the number of sales and purchases that went sour when I first signed up (late '90's).  Glad things are looking up for you.  ^.^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Skitterbug

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
I'll make sure to update if anything else happens, but if you don't hear anything else it's probably because everything is fine, lol. Thanks everyone for your support, i was going a bit crazy this morning with this and the crazy chest cold I've been struggling with.

The ebay username that purchased from me is us2014_jayd - even though their address is paypal confirmed, given the fact that all signs point to it being fraudulent in some form or another, i did want to make the username public.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »
Did this buyer happen to leave you feedback for this purchase? 

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Skitterbug

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 03:11:53 PM »
Nope. No feedback, no communication before the chargeback. I sent them a message regarding the doll the day after I shipped it (i had to unscrew the head and take it off to ship the doll) and also never heard back from them.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »

Thats awesome news :bigups:  :hug:   *sigh of relief* yes ebay does tend to sort things out better if you speak to someone on the phone  :)
 and thank you for letting us know the persons ebay ID too!

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »
Just to say, I hope you got the name of the person you spoke with and took detailed notes of what they said. I can't count the number of times when the rep said everything is fine and you won't be dinged the money and *bam* you are anyway.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
I had that happen once to seashellnbubbles on a $250 iphone! I called ebay help, said that the case would be decided in my favor and bam the next day they found the buyer in favor and ignored that I had proof of delivery! I had to call back during my lunch break and the girl was very friendly and actually reversed it right on the phone with me when she did see I had proof of delivery.  I know ebay global shipping sucks, but its the only way I will ship overseas now because of that incident.

Skitterbug

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
They've taken my money away from me because i 'didn't provide proof of shipment', and they've ALSO taken a 10$ chargeback fee. I will refrain from expressing my thoughts on the matter becaue it would not be appropriate for this forum.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »
Awe, man...get ahold of eBay and talk to someone there. They should have records of the conversation you had the other day and maybe they can do something. I'm so sorry this happened to you :hug:

Skitterbug

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 06:29:38 AM »
It's incredibly frustrating. The website says i'm not covered by seller protection, which directly contradicts what I was told on the phone. Really not looking forward to the phone call. :/ I'm dealing with what may be strep throat, and talking hurts :(

edit: I made the call. It seems that , despite the paypal website appearing to tell me i am NOT covered by seller protection, i actually AM covered. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting stuff correctly or not. Now it's just waiting up to 75 days while paypal disputes for me, i guess.

:/ not impressed that they're throwing the chargeback fee on me, though. hopefully, they decide in my favour and that gets refunded to me too.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:38:13 AM by Skitterbug »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal