collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fidget Spinners?  (Read 12571 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Fidget Spinners?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
Wow, these are real?  I saw them on SNL and thought it was a joke...

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2017, 07:52:49 AM »
I got one from MLP Box, it has Pinkie Pie on it. Even though its my favourite character I might pass it on. I have no idea what to do with it.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2017, 08:49:38 AM »
My friend had to confiscate one from a kid in her pre-school class that clearly just had it to be annoying. She then gave the fidget spinner to her husband because he was curious about it, and we all ended up playing with it while hanging out one night. It's a neat little thing, but I don't personally have a need for it. I suppose I see how it could be helpful, but I also totally get why teachers are banning them from their classrooms.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
Back in my day, we had rulers and pencils.  The old person inside me thinks these fidget spinners are ridiculous and a waste of money.
...then I remember, I had Pogs...

Oh yeah I forgot about those!
I got one from MLP Box, it has Pinkie Pie on it. Even though its my favourite character I might pass it on. I have no idea what to do with it.

What's MLP Box?  I want anything with Pinky on it.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »

[/quote]

What's MLP Box?  I want anything with Pinky on it.

[/quote]

mlpbox.com

For 10 dollars (exc shipping) you get a monthly surprise box with G4 stuff in it. And they do ship to Europe :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
I was in the elevator at work yesterday and an older guy was talking about the custom fidget spinner he got off Etsy.  It was pretty classy, the main body of it being wood.  Looked like it had a ball bearing in it as well as some kind of skate board bearing(?).  He said he quit smoking because of it.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »
I was in the elevator at work yesterday and an older guy was talking about the custom fidget spinner he got off Etsy.  It was pretty classy, the main body of it being wood.  Looked like it had a ball bearing in it as well as some kind of skate board bearing(?).  He said he quit smoking because of it.

I wish it would work that well for everyone! Sounds like a neat looking one too.

My nephew got a spinner the other day so I got to see one in person... but he's said now that he also wants a cube because you can do more with it.  :P

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2017, 06:28:04 AM »
I bought one of the 'droplet' type spinners off eBay.  (I just wasn't willing to spend $25 on one!)

I love it!  It's stainless steel, very solid.  I like that I can change from 6 points to 3 or any other configuration.  Very fun to fiddle with.  :)

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
my brother is autistic, and he says he likes the fidget spinner he bought, but prefers the cube!

a few weeks ago we visited our grandma, and he offered to let her try his fidget spinner; she wound up liking it so much that she bought one for herself!

i think theyre fun enough, but i whenever i have one i feel compelled to keep it spinning. i usually prefer to keep a mcdonalds pony or something else with hair that i can brush or braid to fidget with!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »
I finally saw a cube in Smyths toy shop... so I had to have one :P I like that there are parts that make noise and other parts that don't. I don't like being obvious in my fidgeting though so I don't think a spinner would work for me but I did find the cube distracting while waiting around earlier, the quiet bits seem best for me. I am very much a hater of fads though so I was reluctant to get one but I figure there might be occasions when my need to fidget outweighs my need for individuality :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:46 PM »
I'm not sure if the cube will work with for me. I've had a couple of moments when I got stressed and anxious but I didn't have the cube with me.

I didn't know that you could get a spinner with Pinkie Pie on it.?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »
Apparently we can't get a spinner with Pinky on it, though there are some out there.  If I see one for sale, it's mine!

Oh no, all this talk of the cube has attracted a Borg cube!  Fire at will, Worf! Make it so.

lostpony

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2017, 10:51:09 AM »
Great, thanks!  Hm but now which one....I like that starry one.

But, Pinky's in the middle where if you actually spin them you can't see her under your finger.  Also it looks like she's part on one moving part, part on the other so in all but one case, so I'd be obsessing with getting her parts all lined up all the time...I need an OCD-friendly version where she's on the lobes.  Hmpf I'm such a complainer.

I know, come up with one that has her in slightly varied poses so when you spin it she does something.  Maybe I'll just put some Pinky stickers on a generic one.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2017, 12:15:51 PM »
On a whim I bought one this morning at the news-agent whilst buying milk - it was pink and had Hello Kitty on it;
a gift for my daughter, I left it in the lounge for her to find - the squeals of delight when she found it!
Not really my thing, though, I prefer doodling when I need to fidget!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal