collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fidget Spinners?  (Read 12649 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fidget Spinners?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »
One spinner per household.  They'll have to fight it out.

LOL  Oh no, we are in trouble now then!  (The middle child bought several, now they all have one, or two, each!)

-------------

And even though they are kinda dumb, I am thinking about getting one.  Similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/DUEBEL-Spinner-Droplets-Massager-Compositional/dp/B071KWN7L9/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_21_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=00X0CCQZB774EPBF4ARY

You can take off the 'droplets' and make it into a 3 bar, or other combinations.  I like the shape a lot.

BUT it is expensive, so I may get an eBay knock-off.  The one's like it on eBay say something like "DIY spinner" and look the same.  Probably cheaper quality, so I dunno.  Just thinking about it.  :P

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
I heard today they come with hook shapes instead of round, and immediately imagined the shuriken one, and voila! it's been done.  Sweeet.

I'll buy the first one I see that has ponies on it.

It almost certainly exists. One of the shops had fanart from series on theirs (which I do not condone, btw, but which means you can probably request custom artwork from several of those shops).

Ooo so this means I can get some with inappropriate pony art then... cool...

Thanks for laughing at my jokes, wystearya!

Hm are spinners for car wheels still a thing?  I want some that look like fidget spinners, maybe with inappropriate pony art on them...and some flashing lights too please, and maybe put some pics of the cube on there too.  and....a car to put them on would be nice, why not.

--------

Oh I LIKE that 6-pointed one, and it's a top!  my wooden tops are much more affordable though, I found a third one now.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:41:42 AM by lostpony »

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »
lol, no problem, I enjoy your humor.  :)

Yes, I do like the 6 pointed one.  There are some *much* cheaper knock-offs on Ebay.  I may end up getting a cheapie version to play around with. I like that it's semi-customizable with the removeable bits.  You can even take them all off and have a 'mini-spinny'.  lol!

lostpony

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2017, 11:51:33 AM »
I'll take "things that go around" for a thousand, Trebeck.

I wonder if any of these things could have kept me from maniacally pounding my fingers on the desk back in grade school.  You could tell if it was a reaaaally boring class cuz I'd do bottom and top of the desk together with my thumb on one side and fingers on the other...and tap the pen with the other hand at the same time in between beats.  Good times, good times.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »
I think every decade has that one toy that is totally obnoxious that the schools have to ban and it causes all sorts of trouble.  I suppose this is a right of all young people growing up.  I remember the items from my childhood that got banned from school.

Oh yeah, totally.  In the 80s a lot of schools banned jelly bracelets, plus there was a bunch of hysteria about how they were really "sex bracelets" and the different colors represented different sex acts.  Which is completely ridiculous, lol.

I remember slap bracelets being banned too.  I can understand that a little more than jelly bracelets, because they make noise.

That's super interesting about Snuggies originally being aimed at people in wheelchairs.  Makes sense now that I think about it!

I got the cube and it quite helps me stop destroying my fingernails. I do that out of stress or boredom most of the time. My classmates are going crazy about it and want to borrow it the whole time. xD

Ohhh, now that does make me want to get one.  I am always unconsciously destroying my fingernails.

I never knew that about jelly bracelets, but I do remember them. I never really went through the jelly phase. I remember the shoes but those things hurt my feet so bad I couldn't see why anyone would wear them. I had no idea that those bracelets had a sexual reference to them.  I must have lived a very sheltered life LOL. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »
I never knew that about jelly bracelets, but I do remember them. I never really went through the jelly phase. I remember the shoes but those things hurt my feet so bad I couldn't see why anyone would wear them. I had no idea that those bracelets had a sexual reference to them.  I must have lived a very sheltered life LOL. 

LOL

Well I *wanted* to wear the jelly shoes.  But my pediatric doctor told my Mom that they were making me walk funny and I didn't get to.  I was so upset!  :P 

It's funny now though, lol!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »
I loved jelly shoes but one summer I had to stop getting them because they really hurt and made my feet sore.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 06:54:24 PM »
We sell these at work, and once again someone stole one and left the box.......  -_-

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:35 AM »
We sell these at work, and once again someone stole one and left the box.......  -_-

Oh good grief so typical.  When I go to Walmart to get blind bags you would not believe how many are empty.  My husband even came home with an empty Genie bottle once because, he didn't notice someone lifted the figure.  All the tags were on it.  I was really mad about that one. I tried to warn Walgreens about the constant theft going on in their toy department blind bags.  They shrugged their shoulders and could have cared less.  Makes you wonder why so many people working jobs today care so little about the company and their job to protect it  from theft.  I don't know the whole thing really bothered me.

lostpony

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
I once had a DVD movie on the shelf a long time that I bought new.  When I finally went to watch it, I found the disk was gone, and there was a slit in the plastic wrap, across the bottom:  someone had cut the package and slipped the disk out in a way that made the packaging look intact.  I didn't get to see the movie and it was far too late to return it so the shoplifter stole from me, not Walmart.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
I don't like when people steal but I know they do it all the time. When the MLP blind bags were really popular I always found several empty bags or less sought after characters dumped in the bottom of the box.  I looked at the mall today and a glow in the dark spinner was $16.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2017, 12:43:38 PM »
I tried to warn Walgreens about the constant theft going on in their toy department blind bags.  They shrugged their shoulders and could have cared less.  Makes you wonder why so many people working jobs today care so little about the company and their job to protect it  from theft.  I don't know the whole thing really bothered me.
Probably because they aren't paid a decent wage and have to work at 1-2 other stores just to make ends meet. Lots of big stores treat their employees as idiots, thieves and liabilities instead of assets. You don't bust your butt to protect a company that doesn't want you to succeed.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
I tried to warn Walgreens about the constant theft going on in their toy department blind bags.  They shrugged their shoulders and could have cared less.  Makes you wonder why so many people working jobs today care so little about the company and their job to protect it  from theft.  I don't know the whole thing really bothered me.
Probably because they aren't paid a decent wage and have to work at 1-2 other stores just to make ends meet. Lots of big stores treat their employees as idiots, thieves and liabilities instead of assets. You don't bust your butt to protect a company that doesn't want you to succeed.

Maybe not but what kind of integrity to yourself is that Emberly?  I am one of those that feels that you give your all no matter what your situation is because, it is the right thing to do and shows the kind of person you are. Life will reward you for such integrity, but not a bad attitude and working only as much as you feel they deserve you too.  Just sayin. ;)  Sometimes in life we have to fight like a dog for what we want and we will get it if we put 100% in to the effort and believe in a good result.  Its no excuse at all to allow someone to break the law and steal because our paychecks are too small.  This is just the world according to Tula. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:25:11 PM by tulagirl »

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2017, 04:27:01 PM »
My hubby brought one home from his camping trip, he bought it at the general store for 5 bucks.  I'll admit I've been playing with it for the last 5 days....keeps my hands busy lol

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Lhianneth

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »

Maybe not but what kind of integrity to yourself is that Emberly?  I am one of those that feels that you give your all no matter what your situation is because, it is the right thing to do and shows the kind of person you are. Life will reward you for such integrity, but not a bad attitude and working only as much as you feel they deserve you too.  Just sayin. ;)  Sometimes in life we have to fight like a dog for what we want and we will get it if we put 100% in to the effort and believe in a good result.  Its no excuse at all to allow someone to break the law and steal because our paychecks are too small.  This is just the world according to Tula. :lol:

After a while, that sort of thing gets to wearing you down. Personal integrity doesn't pay bills.

I worked in a fabric store for only six months, and after the first two months, I stopped caring about the company's bottom line. I did try to stop things like big scams still (even more disheartening: my boss allowed two scammers to rip us off repeatedly for hundreds of dollars at a time, though we warned her otherwise). Because it was my job, I did my best, but I stopped trying to push "above and beyond" because there was no point in it. Life doesn't reward you just because you work hard. Your employers do. In an ideal world, karma would come around and help out, sure, but in a company you know is rotten? Nope.

One of my co-workers and fellow managers was given an assessment for a raise. She passed said assessment with flying colours. Full marks. Worked her butt off to get high marks, and was working unpaid overtime, hoping they would see her effort and reward her. They did. They gave her a pat on the back: a raise of five cents to add to her already-too-low wage of $8.25, and told her that the store's shrink was too high for them to give her anything better. When she protested that our shrink was so high because we didn't have enough staff to walk the floor and prevent shoplifting, the GM and corporate both shrugged and said "tough toenails, that's the rule".

So if a company expects you to prevent theft, but doesn't give you the resources or means to prevent theft, and then continues to punish you because they didn't provide you with the means of preventing the theft, you get pretty bitter, pretty fast. They spent more money trying to keep employees from stealing on the job than they did on preventing blatant shoplifting.

About a month into having started working there, all employees were suddenly required to carry store-provided, clear plastic tote bags to and from work; all employees had to have their bags checked by management before they were allowed to exit the store for break or to go home; these costs could have been relegated to hiring more people on per shift to prevent shoplifting and shrink, and instead they put it towards making our employees feel like they were criminals. And most of our employees were already working another job on top of this one. Several quit, and went to work for our competitor when they opened a store down the road, because they didn't treat their employees like garbage.

Surprise, surprise: a couple of years later, that store is now filing for bankruptcy and has closed a majority of its stores, including the one I used to work at.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal