collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?  (Read 14567 times)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »
Do the Sea Ponies even count as part of the Reboot/4.5 since we've never had them in the G4 toy line yet?

I'd say anything from this point onwards counts as reboot/G4.5.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2017, 06:00:43 AM »
They're starting to grow on me. I hated them at first, but I'm starting to like them.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2017, 07:54:21 AM »
They're starting to grow on me. I hated them at first, but I'm starting to like them.

I didn't have a strong opinion on them, and still don't, much less on what to call them. But I will say that avatar of Rainbow Dash staring at the camera seriously made me doubletake.

I haven't seen any pegasus ponies irl yet; they weren't around before I left for Japan in Feb, so yeah. I think I find them a bit scary.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2017, 02:02:59 PM »
The open-mouthed ponies looks as though they're screaming to me? I have the singular Twilight and I like her well enough.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »
The open-mouthed ponies looks as though they're screaming to me? I have the singular Twilight and I like her well enough.

They stared into the void...and it stared back.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2017, 11:27:47 PM »
I like them because they look much closer to the style of the show and because their dynamic poses are really cute! Way more like g1 in that regard. My only caveat is that they're so small! I like my ponies ergonomic and hand sized.

But really, I don't think the old g4s captured what was so fun and cute about the designs in FIM, and these come much closer. Very cute!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2017, 01:18:44 AM »
At first I hated them. They don't look like the show to me and they are disproportionate and awkward with bulbous heads, weird legs and really think the open mouths make them look stupid. However, I have bought a few, mainly my favorite characters: singles RD (one with gala dress out of stock but still want), AJ, and Cherilee; and TS and FS with gala dresses. I don't mind the ones with closed mouths and fairly neutral poses like standing square or on leg bent. I won't be getting many though, mostly new characters just because they're new. Overall though Hasbroken could've come up with something better I think.

Oh and the main reason I caved and bought a few was they were 20% off at Target with an extra 30% off with Cartwheel.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2017, 04:22:27 AM »
I like some of the action playset ponies. But overall I think the eyes are ridiculously large. They take up the entire face. And this coming from someone who collects dolls with big heads/eyes.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »
I like some of the action playset ponies. But overall I think the eyes are ridiculously large. They take up the entire face. And this coming from someone who collects dolls with big heads/eyes.

There's no hint of a cheekbone, or eye sockets, the whole face is too round and smooth. Hasbro needs to seriously redesign these things. They keep this up and the ponies will end up being nothing but talking eyes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:32:34 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:23 AM »
Well I bought Lyra, my first g4.5 yesterday, and I have to say that unless they release a character I really, really like, she'll probably be the only one in my herd. Her open mouth looks better in real life than on photographs, but I can't say the same for her "noodle" legs, and because of her pose she doesn't really stand up properly. She was welcomed into my herd of course and I'm glad I bought her because I love Lyra, but I'm not a G4.5 fan.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »

There's no hint of a cheekbone, the whole face is too round and smooth. Hasbro needs to seriously redesign these things. They keep this up and the ponies will end up being nothing but talking eyes.

i quite agree !!!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
Can't stand them and I will not be buying them. They look deformed to me, and so far from anything that might resemble a pony. Also, they look so cheaply made that I would resent spending the money on them when Hasbro can't be bothered to make a decent product  :(
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »
Can't stand them and I will not be buying them. They look deformed to me, and so far from anything that might resemble a pony. Also, they look so cheaply made that I would resent spending the money on them when Hasbro can't be bothered to make a decent product  :(

There's that too.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
Saw them in store today and... nope, not my type of pony. I first thought I might like them when I see them in person but no, sadly I dislike them even more :( Their faces look so silly and the legs are soo thin. They look like they are yelling "OMG!!!!!!!!" all the time... way too excited in my opinion. But thats ok, saves me money for other ponies :P lol.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:37 PM »
I rather liked them until I saw one in person - the hair is nowhere near far enough down their heads, their eyes are all printed down too low, and their legs look great from the side but from behind or in front they look too flat.  I might pick some up for customs but not any to keep.  I wish they'd go back to sculpted eye sockets.  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal