collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why Can't There Be A Pony In My Granola?!  (Read 1387 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Why Can't There Be A Pony In My Granola?!
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »
I miss the days where the cereal boxes would have REAL toys in them.  Not mail order offers, no UPC redemptions, not poor excuses for childrens book.  Real. Toys.

I would be thrilled if I bought a box of cereal and there was a blind bag pony in there.  Wouldn't matter if I had it already.  I would go crazy.

I would buy so many boxes of cereal that I would eat it three meals a day to get my hands on the ponies.  I'm not even kidding about this.

...and I don't want the toys in the "kids cereals."  No, I want them in my granola! Or my plain Cheerios.  Maybe some bran-type cereal that keeps you regular...

So, who else wants a pony in their granola?

Offline CJFullmer

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Why Can't There Be A Pony In My Granola?!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:05:21 PM »
Bahahahaha! You just made my afternoon! I totally remember the days of real prizes in the cereal boxes. Oh those were the days...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
When I was a kid I used to pick my cearial based on what toy was in it. I would do the same now (or make my son eat the ones with ponies in Bahahah ). So yes bring back cearial with real toys, pony toys!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »
Oh man, those were good times. When you'd beg your parents for something you didn't like just because of the toy at the bottom. Over the course of weeks you'd choke down every mouthful of syrupy, scrape-the-roof-of-your-mouth nastiness just thinking of the treasure at the bottom. XD

If you were lucky you hit the jackpot and have both tasty cereal and a toy that you wanted. :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
I remember those days! I used to have so many different spoons I compiled from cereal boxes that they had their own drawer in the kitchen. I would love to find pony merch hiding in my cereal! Unfortunately, I doubt it would make it past the kid cereals though.

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 01:31:37 PM »
I was just complaining about the lack of prizes in grown up cereal today.  Just lower cholesterol, pfffft.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Too expensive :P I dont ever remember getting anything in a cereal box which you could have charged more than 50p for in a store let alone a £2-3 pony!

But I will admit even if the started including something worth 50p if it had a pony on it...I would probably buy it!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Why Can\'t There Be A Pony In My Granola?!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »
I was just complaining about the lack of prizes in grown up cereal today.  Just lower cholesterol, pfffft.

Haha, but isn't lowering your cholesterol levels the REAL prize? :rofl:

Post Merge: August 26, 2013, 02:00:52 PM

Too expensive :P I dont ever remember getting anything in a cereal box which you could have charged more than 50p for in a store let alone a £2-3 pony!

But I will admit even if the started including something worth 50p if it had a pony on it...I would probably buy it!

They're only too expensive because Hasbro is making it that way.  They cost no more to make than the toys of the past ;)

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »
Maybe the arena should hold a cerial box swap... where we just send each other empty cerial boxes that we have stuffed with toys! Lots of small toys to make up for the many boxes of cerial we all have eaten that never came with anything fun ;)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »
Ah, that would be a great way to start the morning! I'd probably be sweeping the cereal aisle of my grocery store, though, if I knew there were ponies in the boxes!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 02:20:32 PM »
Maybe the arena should hold a cerial box swap... where we just send each other empty cerial boxes that we have stuffed with toys! Lots of small toys to make up for the many boxes of cerial we all have eaten that never came with anything fun ;)
THAT is a great idea!

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »
I wouldn't mind it in kids cereals x3! I love me some diabetes inducing frosties in the morning.

Ponies in cereal... it'd depend on the cereal. I would never buy cereal purely for the ponies. Mainly because I don't like blind-bags. Tiny brushables though, would be a different story! I -love- the G3 Macdonalds ponies with brushable hair and bodies.

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »
I really miss these too! When did the cereal toys disappear anyway? I'd like to see cereal toys make a comeback even if they weren't ponies! Of course, ponies would be most excellent and I'd probably go looking for the cereals with ponies.

Random cereal toy-related story: I remember when I was a kid I really wanted to collect all these dinosaur toys from boxes of Sugar Puffs, but I had some bad luck and kept getting the same one over and over (it was the ugliest dinosaur too). So I wrote to the company and sent one dinosaur back, asking to swap it for a different one, and they sent me back two! Little me was so pleased.

The cereal box swap sounds amazing by the way, even if I couldn't take part I'd like to see it happen!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
THAT is a great idea!

I WOULD GO FOR THAT MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Is this not a thing anymore? ):

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal