collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141724 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #720 on: January 26, 2018, 07:37:56 AM »
Just got an email from the toy manufacturer:

We appreciate her business and that while Rainbow Ponies are currently a European market exclusive, they are being made available to North American retailers as well. We do not have any confirmed retailer interest at this time, but hope to get them into some US stores later this year.

I fixed the capitalization in their email, but not the grammar ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 26, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »

We appreciate her business and that while Rainbow Ponies are currently a European market exclusive, they are being made available to North American retailers as well. We do not have any confirmed retailer interest at this time, but hope to get them into some US stores later this year.

:hifive: :green: :hearts:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #722 on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:13 AM »
Suggestion:  we should email Target and Toys R Us and gush about how much we love the Collectors ponies and point blank say we want them to stock the Rainbow ponies and ANY OTHER retro MLPs that come out.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #723 on: January 26, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »
Suggestion:  we should email Target and Toys R Us and gush about how much we love the Collectors ponies and point blank say we want them to stock the Rainbow ponies and ANY OTHER retro MLPs that come out.

At this point, I just want them to restock the CP ponies.  I have yet to see them in person.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »

Agreed!!!! if they think people will buy them, the box stores are more likely to order and stock from Bridge Direct!

(I'd contact the buyer for your store)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »
I have no issue with the Rainbow ponies showing up in the US eventually, but it will be really sickening for everyone else if you guys get the collector ponies and the rainbows and leave us nothing to trade with.

UK and European people, let's keep on at the bridge direct about the Collector ponies. We all need to push for everything to be available everywhere, because if we don't, it's us that will lose out.

It happened with the Season Ponies in G3 and that was basically the end of us being able to trade properly with the US. It made things more expensive for us and made it more annoying as a collectable. We've the power to stop that by making out views known to this company that we grew up with Cotton Candy etc as well. So please everyone outside of the US communicate with this company too.  If we don't we only have ourselves to blame this time around :/

US people, I imagine that the stores will pay closer attention to selling high numbers of collector ponies than they will emails or letters asking for things that aren't a guaranteed sale.

(So buy them all and send them to us :D:D:D) >.> ahem.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:35:17 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Taffeta, I may be jumping the gun here as we're all waiting to see what country gets what with these retro reissues, but my Target still has another set of the Collector ponies.  Speaking of trades, if you have any common
 G1 Euro or UK ponies that you feel are worth the trade of a 35th pony or ponies, let me know.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:00 PM »
If these never make it to Australia I'll be willing to trade my Alt June Birthflower... I may have to be patient to see if they ever do arrive first though.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #728 on: January 27, 2018, 01:39:07 AM »
I just saw something terrible yesterday...

Webhallen, the Swedish site that has the rainbow ponies on pre-order, has removed from the site the Pretty Parlor set... it says it's expired. :/

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 27, 2018, 02:05:39 AM »
Taffeta, I may be jumping the gun here as we're all waiting to see what country gets what with these retro reissues, but my Target still has another set of the Collector ponies.  Speaking of trades, if you have any common
 G1 Euro or UK ponies that you feel are worth the trade of a 35th pony or ponies, let me know.

Hi Gator - that's sweet of you :) I don't have access to my trade box while I am in London but I do have doubles. It's mostly though that my sister collects Cotton Candy as one of her army ponies and she was hoping to trade a Rainbow (with my help) for Cotton Candy if these turned out to be exclusives in both places.

I guess we'll wait and see a while what happens, because like I said, I can't trade until I'm home, but I appreciate the offer very much.

There's also a part of me that feels a tad frustrated. I mean, don't market something as an exclusive if it's not going to be one.

@LadyPinwheel - at no point have TBD confirmed the Grooming Parlour release...but they did mention ponies in the autumn and that they couldn't reveal what those things were yet. It's more than possible the Swedish site put up something too far ahead of time and have been told to take it down because it's not time yet.

I would only take this as a worrying sign if other retailers and outlets had had it advertised and were all taking it down.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #730 on: January 27, 2018, 02:50:56 AM »

@LadyPinwheel - at no point have TBD confirmed the Grooming Parlour release...but they did mention ponies in the autumn and that they couldn't reveal what those things were yet. It's more than possible the Swedish site put up something too far ahead of time and have been told to take it down because it's not time yet.

I would only take this as a worrying sign if other retailers and outlets had had it advertised and were all taking it down.

Idk.. apparently the person who works there saw the boss ordering them from TBD, it's not like these people just took a photo from google and placed the product there. I know the photo used if from an old set, but it was in TBC  who put it there on the first place. I just hope it's one of those products that they will release in autumn.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 27, 2018, 03:57:34 AM »
Tbh, I hate the idea that I should have to trade old ponies for new US ponies. My childhood Hasbro ponies cost more than ten Dollars and are worth more to me than Bridge Direct copies :lol:

I'd rather pay a nice person to buy them for me. And looking at the Swedish prices, I'd rather buy a HQG1C before importing. It's almost the same costs.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #732 on: January 27, 2018, 04:09:49 AM »

:hifive: :green: :hearts:

OMG so its definite, they are coming to EUROPE :D :D :D

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 27, 2018, 04:23:05 AM »
If they are going to do their usual trick of promising us parity with the US and then not delivering, I am not going to go to any lengths to support the items they don't sell here. Though there are good people here, I learned from g3 that it is expensive pointless and soul destroying to chase a toy line in which everything comes out in the US but not elsewhere. I want to make sure it is possible for Naynie to get a Cotton Candy if she wants one but she has nothing to trade so if the Rainbows are not exclusive she has no leverage to get her.

I do not begrudge US people getting stuff. It just makes me mad how it is always this way. Ultimately geographical location is more important than the loyalty of the fanbase even though Europe kept mlp going longer in g1 and g3.

I would rather everything was sold everywhere. It is bad enough we will pay more in stores for these than US people, but unthinkable that we should be expected to outlay maybe 6x the amount for something $10 in US stores. The exchange rate is already bad. I am not going to spend over the odds to support the US economy or reinforce the idea that only the US should have this stuff. It isn't a proper celebration of our childhoods if we have to pay over the odds to import. The point is seeing them in our stores again. Not having them all at any cost.

I also don't really want to trade old g1 ponies for stuff in stores now. I want to trade retro for retro.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:28:15 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 27, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
I did not mean to step on any toes in regards to trades.  I did say "common" euro G1, therefore less expensive, and I did say trade "ponies" plural too, so maybe three 35th ponies may be worth a UK double you have to spare.  But again, this is all moot until we see what the distribution ends up being.  I joked way back in the thread about getting in on some of this ebay action of overpriced retros, but that was just a joke.  I'm not a person to take advantage of another.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal