collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141647 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
Oh man, I was so excited when I clicked on this thread! But then the pictures loaded.....   :sleepy:

I'm sorry, I really want to vote with my wallet and encourage more G1 style reproductions, but I can't justify $60 for a third set of 'the first six.' I'm not that kind of collector. I don't even have multiple sets of the G4 Mane Six! (Okay I have two Twilight Sparkles, one with wings and one without, but that's it lol.)

I'm really very thankful someone out there is paying attention to the G1 line and put them back in stores, but I'm going to need some different characters if I'm going to buy retro MLP toys. Please keep trying, Hasbro + Brdige Direct!

I really really hope my Target has them.  I'm planning to go at lunch.  I am dying to see what the poster inside is.

Poster? So that's why they're ten bucks. Justifies things.

$5 in 1982 is the same as $12.61 in 2016.  :)  (I couldn't find anything for 2017.)   So really they are a little cheaper than the original collector ponies.  I am fine with paying $10 as long as the quality is good, which I hope it is.  From the pictures I can tell their tails are much fuller than the first retro set.

Do you think that's how they should market them? XD "Special $9.99 nostalgic pricing! Get the full retro experience! Feel like you're paying now what you had to pay then!"  :snicker:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
Oh man, I was so excited when I clicked on this thread! But then the pictures loaded.....   :sleepy:

I'm sorry, I really want to vote with my wallet and encourage more G1 style reproductions, but I can't justify $60 for a third set of 'the first six.' I'm not that kind of collector. I don't even have multiple sets of the G4 Mane Six! (Okay I have two Twilight Sparkles, one with wings and one without, but that's it lol.)

I'm really very thankful someone out there is paying attention to the G1 line and put them back in stores, but I'm going to need some different characters if I'm going to buy retro MLP toys. Please keep trying, Hasbro + Brdige Direct!

I really really hope my Target has them.  I'm planning to go at lunch.  I am dying to see what the poster inside is.

Poster? So that's why they're ten bucks. Justifies things.

$5 in 1982 is the same as $12.61 in 2016.  :)  (I couldn't find anything for 2017.)   So really they are a little cheaper than the original collector ponies.  I am fine with paying $10 as long as the quality is good, which I hope it is.  From the pictures I can tell their tails are much fuller than the first retro set.

Do you think that's how they should market them? XD "Special $9.99 nostalgic pricing! Get the full retro experience! Feel like you're paying now what you had to pay then!"  :snicker:

Actually, I think one of the reasons for the pricing- is that Bridge Direct is a very small toy company-  and they seem (lately) to be focused on a niche market - cashing in on replica retro 1980s toys.  They probably just don't have the order numbers to get the prices much cheaper than they are...

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
I wouldn't panic re how scare they are right now-
Too late, I am panicking.  I've been to one Target that online said they were in stock but they weren't there.  Even had a nice worker check in back but no luck.  Then called every other Target with in possible driving distance and they are all out!  Unless they get more I won't be getting these.  I can't afford what they are selling for on eBay.

Oh but one store did have them in stock but refused to sell them until Friday.  I thought the street date was the 7th so what's up with that?   :what:

I wish I would have been able to go shopping sooner.  I'm so bummed out right now.  :cloud: :wail:
~RavenPaw
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
3rd day in a row of Target visits, no luck yet...
I really hope they restock them. I've seen the second-hand prices and they're quite the shock!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
I wouldn't panic re how scare they are right now-
Too late, I am panicking.  I've been to one Target that online said they were in stock but they weren't there.  Even had a nice worker check in back but no luck.  Then called every other Target with in possible driving distance and they are all out!  Unless they get more I won't be getting these.  I can't afford what they are selling for on eBay.

Oh but one store did have them in stock but refused to sell them until Friday.  I thought the street date was the 7th so what's up with that?   :what:

I wish I would have been able to go shopping sooner.  I'm so bummed out right now.  :cloud: :wail:

They're on Target.com now?

Has anyone done still pictures (not videos) comparing these to the 25th anniversary release, and the originals, all out of box? 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
I really hope they restock them. I've seen the second-hand prices and they're quite the shock!
Pst I bought some extras to resell I have 2 extra sizzle and an extra bluebelle so far and I'm on my way to another target that I know has them.
I'm only asking 15 plus shipping

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
Pst I bought some extras to resell I have 2 extra snuzzle and an extra bluebelle so far and I'm on my way to another target that I know has them.
I'm only asking 15 plus shipping if you or any other person who can't find them wants to message me I'll be doing a sale post later today unless the Facebook get em first

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
35th anniversary ponies sighted in Asheville, NC! However, there were no tags for them anywhere in the toy section, and both the ones I found were on random endcaps with unrelated toys.  :blink: I searched everywhere and even asked an employee, who seemed just as stumped as I was. Anyways I got Minty and Snuzzle since they were all I could find. I would really like the full set!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 09, 2018, 04:15:54 PM »
Went back to my Target and snagged them finally today!  I'm in Georgia, US, so all my Georgia pony friends keep your eyes open!  I wasn't going to get them at first, but I love the packaging.  I ALMOST want to ditch my 25th anniversary set.  And I really want to open one of these just to smell them and see if they smell like my childhood ponies.  I loved that new pony smell as a kid.

Edit to add:  I know each store is different, but my store had them next to retro Strawberry dolls and above the new retro care bears.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:17:32 PM by Gator »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 09, 2018, 04:37:57 PM »
Went back to my Target and snagged them finally today!  I'm in Georgia, US, so all my Georgia pony friends keep your eyes open!  I wasn't going to get them at first, but I love the packaging.  I ALMOST want to ditch my 25th anniversary set.  And I really want to open one of these just to smell them and see if they smell like my childhood ponies.  I loved that new pony smell as a kid.

Edit to add:  I know each store is different, but my store had them next to retro Strawberry dolls and above the new retro care bears.

And Pony Sniffers Anonymous is back in session.  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »

And Pony Sniffers Anonymous is back in session.  :lol:
Very very very faintly.

(i checked ;p)
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2018, 05:25:10 PM »
LOL, pony sniffers anonymous!!!  Funny but true!  We're out there!

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »

I'm dying right now because I'm having the exact same dilemma...I really want to open one just to smell it!
Card carrying member of Pony Sniffers Anonymous  :blush: :P

Here's my experience trying to buy these: 
Sunday I went to my closest Target and they were nowhere to be seen. In all fairness it looked like a tornado had hit their toy section, but a nice employee looked them up for me using the stock# posted here. Stockbyme  showed the store had them but he told me they sold all of them 3 days ago??
So then we head to the next closest Target (hubby in tow ;) and ask an employee since we can't find them on the shelf. After lots of back and forth with a manager, we were told they're in the back, somewhere, waiting for the toy section to be re-set. They said come back tomorrow and they'll be out. I was bummed but said I understood and that we'd try to come back. But I knew I probably wouldn't the next day because it's a good 45 minute to 1 hour drive.
So the next night, Monday, my hubby surprises me by coming home with the original stock box filled with all 6!!!  :hearts: :hearts:

He apparently went back Monday morning before work and nothing had been put out, so he waited almost an hour for them to find the ponies in the back. They must have felt sorry for him or something. My hubby is a cowboy (hat, boots, buckle, whole deal) so picture him at Target in the middle of town asking for MLP toys  :rofl:

It was very nice of the employee to even bother and greatly appreciated. I checked the stockbyme website the same day and the stock had been updated after my purchase.

I think I'm going to open one tomorrow just to smell it! Lol
If I do, I'll post an update in case there are any other curious PSA members out there  :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone sharing info  :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:37 PM »
I love everyone story about how they got there ponies! :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
Congrats everyone. :) and good luck wishes for everyone that is still looking.   I’m not sure any ponies will be left when I’m able to pick up another one at Target(I wasn’t able to buy a whole set at once) but I will keep hoping Butterscotch will wait for me/I will find her again.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal