collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: Common Accessories and Outfits: Combs, Baby Bottles, Ribbons  (Read 659 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
I've been out of the forum loop for about 5 years now and prices seem to have changed a lot!

Please could someone give me rough prices for items below?

There is a complete Pony Luv outfit, and another outfit that looks like it's for bathing? It has a white bath cap and a towel with it, but I don't actually know the name of the outfit! There are tons of ribbons in a bag too, all original but I don't know which ponies they actually belong to. I think there might even be a Strawberry Shortcake comb too (red).

If there is anything that is slightly more sought after in the lot it would be great if you could point it out, I know nothing about accessories really!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: PC: Common Accessories and Outfits: Combs, Baby Bottles, Ribbons
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »
The ribbons are probably the hottest things you have in that lot.   If they're authentic, you could get $1-2 a piece for the more common colors, more for the odder colors. 

The other stuff isn't worth much, but the white night gown and cap in the upper left corner is the European only "Bedtime" outfit.  There are different lace variations, so it might fetch $5-10 for someone looking for that.   https://www.facebook.com/aubfrenchbulldog/posts/365897823835480

The navy blue items in the top right ---  the saddle piece I think is fakie (I don't think that's a towel). Does the other blue piece go with it? I can't tell what that is. I collect fakie ponywear, so if it's something that goes with that saddle, I would be interested in both :) 

Brushes can vary in price quite a bit too.   Anywhere from $0.50 for the purple bear brushes and common combs to several dollars if it goes to a harder to find pony. The problem is finding out which ponies they definitely belong to.   

You've got bits of the Flashprance and Pony Luv / Tennis Fun, and even a few pieces of Great Skates / Roller Skating. Even complete, these outfits are pretty common. I sell them for about $5 a set.   These links might help you sort through what pieces go with what outfit.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/UK_Pony_Wear

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:02:37 PM »
Thanks for your help Ashlyne :)

Yes, I've just worked out that I've got the complete Flashprance, Pony Luv and Roller skate outfit, the bags that I keep them in have just got mixed up!

I had no idea what the bed time outfit was, so thanks for ID'ing that!

I think all of the ribbons are fairly common; apart from a lime green ribbon and a royal blue ribbon, they are all pink/cream/white/yellow.

Edit:

Here is a close up of the flannel towel and what looks like a swimming cap.

I can't find any info about them anywhere so maybe they are fake? The cap fits a pony's head.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:22:55 PM by Noasar »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 05:17:27 AM »
They do look like they go together. Could be a towel. Could be a saddlepad.  May be for pony, but could also fit a doll. That's the thing about fakiewear. It can be really ambiguous!

I have a similarly designed saddle pad but it's not the same cloth material:

And this one's colors are similar, similar fringe, but different shape and the blue part is more suede-like.

As far as pricing goes, I try to keep my fakiewear spending to around $5 when it's not something I can confirm is supposed to go to a pony or fakie. 

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »
Yes they definitely look like a combo of those two items together! Do you know what company made those fakie items?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:47:51 AM »
Yes they definitely look like a combo of those two items together! Do you know what company made those fakie items?

I know for a fact that Totsy did!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 08:38:37 AM »

I know for a fact that Totsy did!  :)

Did they come with one of those doll-and-unicorn box sets?   I have a pretty extensive Totsy-wear collection and haven't ever seen these navy blue and white items.   

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:14 AM »
This is so interesting! They came in a lot I bought years ago from a childhood collection...so I know they are vintage but I never realised they weren't MLP!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal