collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Water color sea ponies and their alt colors?  (Read 767 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Water color sea ponies and their alt colors?
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »
Does anyone own an aqua water color baby seashore? Or have they all turned yellow?

How about any other colors for the others?
I'd love to see the following:
Aqua with blue hair sea shore
Pink with white hair misty
White with pink hair wave dancer
Turquoise with blue hair sea winkle

Do they exists?! Please show me pics!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Water color sea ponies and their alt colors?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 12:57:14 AM »
My childhood Seashore is packed away (just moved) but I remember her color :) It's a slightly greenish tinted yellow with traces of aqua here and there.
My Seawinkle's head is more blue than her body (it got trapped mid color change I believe.)  A pic of her is here https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmYZ8rim7Y/?taken-by=kitarei1
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:01:01 AM by princessluna11706 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »
I get hopelessly confused with this set!  Would be cool to watch one change :)

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »
My childhood Misty and Foamy both still change.  Here's Misty:

I also have a Sealight who still changes but so far, haven't managed to find any of the others that do.  (I donated their pics to the wiki if you want to see Foamy and Sealight's changes.)

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14:55 AM »
Some of my unchanged ones came from German or European auctions, so I have to wonder if they aren't slightly different to begin with (like the dark blue Wavedancer).   Some have hair that's already bleached out, but others give some idea of what the color was originally. 

(right one from German auction)

(right two from German auctions)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:10:55 PM »
My MOC Seashore is still aqua. I've seen MOC ones on US cards which are washed out beige, though - mine is German, but I don't know if that's just coincidence. Hang on...

I'm not sure, looking at Ashlyne's images, whether mine is faintly blue in the mane or white...

They're not so confusing when you remember each has a different fin paint, so whatever colour they change to and get stuck as, it doesn't matter - the fin paint is always distinct xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
My childhood Misty and Foamy both still change.  Here's Misty:

I also have a Sealight who still changes but so far, haven't managed to find any of the others that do.  (I donated their pics to the wiki if you want to see Foamy and Sealight's changes.)

*bows down*

Post Merge: April 14, 2016, 09:45:19 PM

Some of my unchanged ones came from German or European auctions, so I have to wonder if they aren't slightly different to begin with (like the dark blue Wavedancer).   Some have hair that's already bleached out, but others give some idea of what the color was originally. 

(right two from German auctions)

*kisses feet*

Thank you! Looks like I'll need to scour eBay.de for an aqua seashore!

Hathorcat your moc is gorgeous! I could NEVER Have a moc water color sea pony. The temptation to open her and make her change would be too too much!

Thanks for sharing everyone!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:45:21 PM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:11 PM »
Coming to share my MOC girl <3
Shes on german card. My own childhood one came on a later printed card and she was dark blue while this one is more aqua. I guess its a batch / release thing or maybe they change more when aging due to the color change ability... I would love to try out if she still changes lol but I cant get myself to open the package :P

Great pic btw everybody! I love your MOC Hathorcat and your childhood pony, Breyer600, is soo amazing :D

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 05:33:15 AM »
Ooo, I love seeing that blue Seashore on card, Taffeta!   I can't tell about the hair color either, if it's white or light blue.   And definitely, fin paint combined with pose is the easiest way to tell them apart.

Shes on german card. My own childhood one came on a later printed card and she was dark blue while this one is more aqua. I guess its a batch / release thing or maybe they change more when aging due to the color change ability.

So there were two releases of these seaponies in Germany?   That would make sense then, with some of them having more common colors and others that are different. Maybe Hasbro saw the first batch was unstable and wouldn't last as long.  I bet by that time the US probably moved onto other pony sets.  I don't think we saw a 2nd release of the watercolor babies.  Do you happen to have an example of the other card?  I would love to see it!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:35:14 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 05:52:17 AM »

Shes on german card. My own childhood one came on a later printed card and she was dark blue while this one is more aqua. I guess its a batch / release thing or maybe they change more when aging due to the color change ability.

So there were two releases of these seaponies in Germany?   That would make sense then, with some of them having more common colors and others that are different. Maybe Hasbro saw the first batch was unstable and wouldn't last as long.  I bet by that time the US probably moved onto other pony sets.  I don't think we saw a 2nd release of the watercolor babies.  Do you happen to have an example of the other card?  I would love to see it!

I as a kid had this pony and mine was dark blue. Sadly I dont have her anymore, I sold her off when I thought I could use the money to buy other ponies *facepalm* back in the day when I started collecting. She came on a card like this.
The MOC I own has a german card but the design is the one from the US cards. That happened sometimes in Germany though I dont think this design was common here. Well and this MOC is more aqua.
It might have happened from aging but... I own her for 4 years now and she has always been that color :)

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
I have to confess that I thought these sea ponies hair changed, not the body.... very embarassing. Lol

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 08:56:04 AM »
I have to confess that I thought these sea ponies hair changed, not the body.... very embarassing. Lol

both changes, hair AND body :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
I've seen a few sets like that, in German but in both US and Euro styles. Germany seem to have got several ponies we didn't, too, like the Pretty Pal sets. I have Fluffy and Fleecy in a German box, which is different from the box my Nectar and Stripes came with loose from the States.

In terms of my Seashore (Perlchen), the card is the same as the one Einhornbaby posted the link to. Except it's in German. Here's the full image, albeit it's small:

So same pony, different colour body, same package, same release, different language but I suspect that's coincidence.

I USED to have Seashore on US card as well, and I am sure she was kinda beige. I don't have her any more though. I kept the European one.

I didn't think these were sold in the UK at all for ages, but I know someone who had one from new on an English version of the Euro card, so four of them were at least (no Misty or Seawinkle).  Official name of the set in English was something like Colour Change Baby Ponies.

I have never found any loose here, though, except a handful of loose ones from a local collector who had international ponies, so can't comment on their colours here. They seem more common in Europe, and it seems like all of them were sold in Germany because of the two card styles. (We had a similar thing with the Candy Canes).

I did notice that my other German carded one, Foamy, is quite vivid yellow - but then my US carded Seawinkle is also very coral, so maybe it's just how long the pigments hold?

Here is Foamy. SHe has same card style as Seashore, above:

I should test my Misty. She fell off the card in transit to me 15 years ago, but I never have tested to see if she works...

And I am confused because I don't see any posts by Hathorcat. People keep mentioning a MOC and Hathorcat...and the only MOC I see is mine...and I'm definitely not Hathorcat.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:59:15 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal