collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Dolls Thread #2  (Read 84349 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Disney Dolls Thread #2
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
Today is the grand re-opening of our Disney Store in Frisco! First 500 people apparently get a 'free gift'. Im going! Anyone in DFW going!? :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2014, 04:20:10 AM »
^^ I wish I was !! :frolic:  have a great time anyways! :hug:   tell us what free gift you get and if they have a ton of Frozen stuff!!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 05:30:51 AM »
Rayedelsol - is that the EAH Blondie Lockes doll in your avatar? She looks gorgeous with that dress on :) I saw her at Wal-Mart for the first time last week but didn't have the money XD Another doll I'll be buying on the first ;)

Totally off topic, please forgive me :)

That is the EAH Blondie Lockes doll! She is my absolute favorite doll right now. I am in LOVE with the EAH line (like seriously obsessed more than I've ever been over something).

Thanks for the compliment on her dress! Would you believe it was made of paper? We were doing a photo challenge on the MHArena for making clothing out of unconventional materials, and I chose scrapbook paper.

If you have a chance, I would totally recommend getting her!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 07:19:54 AM »
Rayedelsol - is that the EAH Blondie Lockes doll in your avatar? She looks gorgeous with that dress on :) I saw her at Wal-Mart for the first time last week but didn't have the money XD Another doll I'll be buying on the first ;)

That is the EAH Blondie Lockes doll! She is my absolute favorite doll right now. I am in LOVE with the EAH line (like seriously obsessed more than I've ever been over something).

Thanks for the compliment on her dress! Would you believe it was made of paper? We were doing a photo challenge on the MHArena for making clothing out of unconventional materials, and I chose scrapbook paper.

Im also going to be a little off topic- I did notice ypur avatar too and wanted to ask if that was the first release Blondie!? <3

I will let everyone know what this 'free gift' is, hopefully not pizza or a coupon LOL!  Anyone who is going lemme know! I will try to be there opening time, Im the dork in MLP pajamas. Just warning you, my skin is dreadfully aweful this week, but id love to meet you! Im super nice and friendly! Crosses fingers for classic Elsas!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:31:07 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »
No luck at my store yesterday. This sucks. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 08:20:32 AM »

Im also going to be a little off topic- I did notice ypur avatar too and wanted to ask if that was the first release Blondie!? <3

This is the first release Blondie, yes. I'll start a thread (or bump one up if there is one) to talk about it more, how does that sound??

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
UGH! Total waste of time! So the mall opened like an hour early for the Disney event and well, theres a HUUUUUUUUUUGE line made up of thousands of people that went outside and wrapped around the building!!!!!! O_________o I talked to one of the employees and she told me there wasnt even any Elsa dolls! LMAO! I saw a dress and some plushies and that was about it. We tried JCPenny in hopes of Elsa dolls and a bunch of people had the same idea I did.... sooooo many people in the little Disney isle and parents letting their kids throw plushies around! So many people in the back of the line are going to be super dissappointed and there were sooooo many annoying kids screaming, crying, and throwing fit because they didnt get a free Mickey Mouse hat! x'D There was literally THOUSANDS of people in line!  Insane. Ill try back in a month LOL!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:51:18 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 11:10:56 AM »
Wow, that sounds like Black Friday! :shocked: I bet the majority of those people were looking for Elsa dolls. They didn't have any at all?

And the free gift was a Mickey Mouse hat? XD How long did you have to wait in line?
My Wish List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
That's terrible Sprinkles Cupcake. :( I've been reading about how crazy the Disney Stores are on the Disney Facebook page but I wouldn't have thought about thousands of people showing up looking for Frozen stuff and so many kids being upset they didn't get a free Mickey Mouse Hat.

One store I went to today had one Color Magic Elsa and one Color Magic Anna doll. Another person got to them right before I did and got Elsa. The other person was there first so it was only right that she should get to pick between the two dolls. :) I was hoping she would choose Anna instead of Elsa though.  I know I'll find another Color Magic Elsa eventually. I did get a Frozen poster though and saw a Frozen mini figure set at Walmart that I've never seen before. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »
I saw color magic Anna at Toys r us yesterday and they wanted $30 for her! :shocked: TRU is already overpriced, and now they're scalping too? Gross :mad:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 04:32:46 PM »
UGH! Total waste of time! So the mall opened like an hour early for the Disney event and well, theres a HUUUUUUUUUUGE line made up of thousands of people that went outside and wrapped around the building!!!!!! O_________o I talked to one of the employees and she told me there wasnt even any Elsa dolls! LMAO! I saw a dress and some plushies and that was about it. We tried JCPenny in hopes of Elsa dolls and a bunch of people had the same idea I did.... sooooo many people in the little Disney isle and parents letting their kids throw plushies around! So many people in the back of the line are going to be super dissappointed and there were sooooo many annoying kids screaming, crying, and throwing fit because they didnt get a free Mickey Mouse hat! x'D There was literally THOUSANDS of people in line!  Insane. Ill try back in a month LOL!

:whoa:  eep!  I dont envy any of those parents - or the Disney store staff either :crazy:  Good thing you had a successful Frozen hunting trip at the other store :hug:
 I'd have thought they'd have at least had some Mattel Elsa dolls at the opening  to keep the kiddies happy even if they couldnt get any real Dsiney Store ones. Thats what some of the stores were doing here :awake:  I noticed how TRU have put their Frozen dolls up crazy high lately too! :faint:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »
Wow, that sounds like Black Friday! :shocked: I bet the majority of those people were looking for Elsa dolls. They didn't have any at all?

And the free gift was a Mickey Mouse hat? XD How long did you have to wait in line?

OMG YES!! That is a PERFECT comparison! Black Friday. Yes, it was a LOT like that!!! :O
I left in about 45 minutes when I found out they had no Elsa lolol. I knew I didnt stand a chance with all those moms and psycho kids!

$30 for a color-magic Elsa at TRU!? Thats insane!! Thats around the same price I saw on ebay for one! Now TRU are scalpers lolol. Seriously, its so crazy to think this doll shortage is really happening! Like this is whats really on my newsfeed!? Im mad its on the news because more people are aware and even more Frozen merch will dissappear and end up on evilbay. This high demand reminds me of Turbo Man in Jingle All the Way. Lol Anna is the pink fluffy sidekick guy no one wants and Elsa is Turbo Man! xD
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:53:57 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
Went to Walmart today and the Disney section was OBLITERATED. Dolls everywhere. No Frozen anything. There was a woman on the phone with her sister complaining about how she couldn't find Frozen dolls anywhere, too. This is just insane.
Personally, I am waiting til summer to make my disney store purchases. I wanna get Elsa and Anna, Ariel and Ursula, and maybe Eric, too. I also want some other Little mermaid merch.

Oh, has anyone seen that new classic collector Ursula doll anywhere? I see every other doll from that line, but no Ursula. Ariel was a disappointment. Her face is...*shudder*. I was hoping for better because she looks cute in promo pics and the Cinderella is just gorgeous. But, I really, really want Ursula and haven't seen her anywhere ;~;

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
^^
Do you mean the Signature Series Ursula with the flocked tummy and the purple box? Ive seen her around in Toys R Us and Walmart stores about $20.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
^^
Do you mean the Signature Series Ursula with the flocked tummy and the purple box? Ive seen her around in Toys R Us and Walmart stores about $20.

I have seen her at Walmart for $20.  So far Walmart has had all of them here and I have seen the princess ones (just Ariel actually) at Kmart.  I want all of them except Ursula!  I need the Evil Queen for my Raven Queen doll since most of the other dolls have their Disney parents.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal