collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sorry Wrong number  (Read 4677 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Sorry Wrong number
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Wow, the cheek of some people!  :blink:

I gave an old cell phone to a thrift store a few years ago.  Took out the SIM card, cleared the info, and didn't think a thing of it.  A year later, I got a call from a Fort Collins area code (where I had been living at the time) and when I answered, the other person was super confused.  She had been dialing her voicemail.  I asked what kind of phone she had and she said she'd bought one second-hand and described the one I gave up!  Apparently, it still remembered my umber somehow and called me instead.  It happened a few other times, but it finally stopped.  She must have gotten a new phone, but it was hilarious while it lasted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
Ooh!  Another one involving Hubby!  He got a random text from a wrong number. Hubby, being the crazy guy that he is , had a little fun with the guy. It went something like this:

WN: When you coming to the party? We need more beer!
H:  Sorry, man.  I'm in the hospital
WN: No way!  What happened?
H: Freak blender accident
WN: Get better. I'll see you at work tomorrow.

I get endless enjoyment out of thinking of the wrong number guy meeting up with his coworker who didn't have a freak blender accident.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
The prank call thing reminds me of a time when my brother and I used a soundboard of PeeWee Herman to prank call my mom at work.

She totally knew it was one of us, but couldn't figure out which one.  She was laughing so hard that the other people in her department were coming in to make sure she was okay.  We managed to get it recorded, too, but I can't find where I put it...

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »
When we got our number we got calls for Krista for like 2 years! Some were even like volunteer things - "hey Krista, just calling to see if you're interested in volunteering in the soup kitchen again this year". Sheesh! Update your phone number with places like that! Not to mention they called and woke me up at like 11:30. And then called back again 10 mins later - since it was the same number I answered it and told them wrong number. :rolleyes:
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Sorry if this has already been stated, but check with your phone company about adding on a free option. I don't know what it's called but it is for when you are being harassed by someone per the phone. Threatening calls repeated deliberate calls like the hang up call again scenario you described. You just press #75 while they are on the line and it sends their call information directly to the police and anthem police action should be taken from there. It may be a different number by state but I think it is offered widely. It's worth asking about.

If you do get it, it's hard to remember to use it. I suggest posting a sign to remind you by the phone.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »
I have caller ID so xD if i really wanted to call the police id just tell them the number, i really just wanted her to back off and let me sleep haha
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
A while back I kept getting phonecalls about people wanting to buy my buick. Except I drive a ford ranger, so we figured out pretty fast that someone had put the wrong number on their classified ad.

I got some wrong texts once and I replied telling the dude, no, this is Jean and he started flirting at me and... oh boy, are you barking up the wrong tree if you were after a girl.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
I've never had any weird wrong numbers but I did have an awesome one once. The Nielsen Ratings were trying to call someone in another state, but ended up calling me! When I told her she had the wrong number and this was Florida she asked if I'd ever been in the ratings before and if I was interested in participating. Heck yes, I was interested! XD So she took all my info and I got to keep a TV diary for a week. It was fun :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
o__o omg kitty id be freaking out!

I get a lot of stalkers.  At least he didn't know my name!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
I got a text a while back telling a Mark he was invited to a party. I texted back that Mark can't come because this is the wrong number and so he didn't get an invite. I wasn't believed at first but once I convinced them they invited me anyway lol. Must have decided they would invite me to party because I said unless Mark got a sex change this isn't him. Of course a bunch of guys would invite a random girl to a party. I was amused but stopped texting back after that.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »
LMAO.  That is so weird, truevampiress.  It never entered my head that people would get MAD at you when they called the wrong number.  How rude.  Still, it does make for an amusing story :)

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 02:29:33 AM »
Years ago, we had two instances of people calling us randomly, believing we were someone else.

For a while, we kept getting calls for one of the local doctors. We looked him up and realised that his number ended very similarly to ours. So until the doctor moved, we were getting calls from people trying to make, cancel or postpone appointments. Sometimes, they'd just start talking without giving us the chance to explain.

Some time later, we got several calls for one of the local businesses. Apparently, they had put our number in a company leaflet by mistake. We even used to know the name of the man whose extension our number was supposed to be, though I can't recall it now. I guess we were lucky that the man obviously didn't get many calls. Imagine if they had put our number as the main switchboard...

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:07 AM »
We keep getting calls for a man who lived in our house about 15, 16 years ago. We also get a spanish lady saying "you have no payed money" and "we want our money"

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 05:32:30 AM »
When I got a new phone, not a refurbished one as far as they told me I kept getting calls for some guy. They were all these credit card people asking for him. I kept trying to tell them look I just got this phone idk who that is but he doesn't have the number anymore! I'm pretty sure they thought I was lying.

And not exactly a wrong number but I tried to call my bff at work one day and (lousy best friend :P) she didn't bother to tell me she had quit. Well I had at least a five minute conversation with some other girl on the phone before we both realized it wasn't the person we thought it was. We didn't even mention it though! We just kinda awkwardly hung up straight away.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »
Another pranking story.

My sister and her friend were prank calling people.  The things they/we did were always harmless and silly things that made no sense and I think this time she was just calling and asking in a mumbled voice for some crazy ridiculous name that the person would always have to try and repeat:

Her:  Hello, Is Reddimaters Archiverasda there?
Them: I'm sorry what did you say?
Her:  *laughs and hangs up*
Repeat with a new number.

7 year old humor.

Well I could hear them from across the house cracking up about one call and so I go ask her what was going on.  She said she was calling and the person kept answering the phone saying "Good evening, Marshmallow Low Lice", which totally cracked her up.  She kept calling them back to hear it again and again and I need to hear it too.  So I called them to hear the funny greeting and what I heard was "Good evening Marshall County Police".  I apologized and told them I had the wrong number. 

Yeah.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal