collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High returns again!  (Read 34028 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Monster High returns again - 26/10 Greta Gremlin!!
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2022, 02:14:59 PM »
I guess you mean Abby as literally the coolest?? xD

I liked her, she amused me xD.  Although her eating out of date sweets was gross. xD

I feel like with the dolls specifically, it's often a particular version of the doll from a particular set that I end up grabbing. I'm kind of picky even with my favourites.

I really like the Gloom and Bloom line. Especially Cleo and Jinafire. I'm not too crazy about either as characters though. And Ghoulia is my favourite, but I don't like or have all the Ghoulia dolls. The original and the Sweet Screams are my favourites, probably.

I like Abby the character but there are only a couple of Abby dolls I really like.

I love Lagoona and Rochelle as dolls but their hair is so often sticky, it makes me sad.

I don't even own Clawdeen, I don't think O.o. I may only have Lala because there is a Japanese themed one. But I have a few Frankies...

As a kid I hated pink things. As an adult I don't. I'm typing this sitting on my bed which is currently covered in a fluffy pink duvet. But I've never understood the pink drive.

Oh, the moth girl. Her doll is very pretty :D So is Isi. I don't know if Isi even has a character. I don't remember her at all...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 17/02 Haunt Couture Collector Ghouls!
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
THE GHOULS ARE BACK!!!! :frolic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaFOQv8Fi6P/

Ahhh they're gorgeous!! Draculaura's cape thing reminds me of Lydia from the Beetlejuice cartoon :> I LOVE their eyes, they're so shiny.

Frankie is the first to be released, she's going up for sale on mattelcreations.com TOMORROW (18th Feb) at 9 am PT for $75. No info on when the other two are dropping but I'm assuming they'll all be the same price. (Hopefully they don't get released too close together.. I'd love all three but not sure if I can swing it... I definitely need Clawdeen!!)

Apparently two more characters (this page says it'll be Cleo and Lagoona but not sure if that's confirmed or just a rumour) will be available later, and they are going to release regular playline dolls too, they're just kicking the reboot off with these collector dolls right now.

Not gonna lie, I wish they'd announced them a little earlier instead of 24 hrs ahead of the first one going up for sale, give us more time to plan, raise money, etc but aaaaa I'm so excited that MH is back!!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2022, 10:13:47 AM »
Cleo and Lagoona make sense. I think those were the original five characters announced (girl wise), weren't they?

I'd still want Ghoulia to happen, but even so.

They look a lot more like they ought to look. Like G1 faces?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2022, 10:17:10 AM »
The pic is not showing up for some reason?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2022, 10:26:26 AM »
I might have linked it wrong, I'm not great with Instagram honestly. Does this one work?

Yeah, the first dolls were these three, Cleo, Lagoona and Deuce. Then I think the next two were Ghoulia and Holt? I'd definitely expect Ghoulia to be added in sooner rather than later.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2022, 10:32:16 AM »
I might have linked it wrong, I'm not great with Instagram honestly. Does this one work?

Yeah, the first dolls were these three, Cleo, Lagoona and Deuce. Then I think the next two were Ghoulia and Holt? I'd definitely expect Ghoulia to be added in sooner rather than later.

Yes it does. Thank you.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
I thought so. It's a long time back but even though I didn't buy any dolls for the longest time, I do remember the MH launch and watching the first things on YT.

If Ghoulia happens I may scrape together funds. I can't justify any of the others, not even though I love both Lagoona and Cleo as dolls.

I do like their outfits.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 26/10 Greta Gremlin!!
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2022, 10:54:34 AM »
I guess you mean Abby as literally the coolest?? xD

I liked her, she amused me xD.  Although her eating out of date sweets was gross. xD

I feel like with the dolls specifically, it's often a particular version of the doll from a particular set that I end up grabbing. I'm kind of picky even with my favourites.

I really like the Gloom and Bloom line. Especially Cleo and Jinafire. I'm not too crazy about either as characters though. And Ghoulia is my favourite, but I don't like or have all the Ghoulia dolls. The original and the Sweet Screams are my favourites, probably.

I like Abby the character but there are only a couple of Abby dolls I really like.

I love Lagoona and Rochelle as dolls but their hair is so often sticky, it makes me sad.

I don't even own Clawdeen, I don't think O.o. I may only have Lala because there is a Japanese themed one. But I have a few Frankies...

As a kid I hated pink things. As an adult I don't. I'm typing this sitting on my bed which is currently covered in a fluffy pink duvet. But I've never understood the pink drive.

Oh, the moth girl. Her doll is very pretty :D So is Isi. I don't know if Isi even has a character. I don't remember her at all...

I liked her colors and dry wit. I liked Venus Flytrap because she's so vibrant. I thought the pirate and amanita dolls were super pretty. I'm not a doll person, but was very tempted.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2022, 06:00:55 PM »
I like them but not enough to spend $75 each on them. I’m glad of the reboot but wonder what quality/prices we’ll get playline if these are $75. Cleo would probably be the only one I get, if any.

Taffeta, you are so lucky to have snagged that Ghoulia Cleo set from 2017. I honestly would be happy just to get that Cleo. Cleo is my favorite doll to collect.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2022, 06:23:52 PM »
I like them but not enough to spend $75 each on them. I’m glad of the reboot but wonder what quality/prices we’ll get playline if these are $75. Cleo would probably be the only one I get, if any.

Taffeta, you are so lucky to have snagged that Ghoulia Cleo set from 2017. I honestly would be happy just to get that Cleo. Cleo is my favorite doll to collect.

Why is matel deliberately pricing out little kids?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »

these are COLLECTOR dolls, that's why ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2022, 07:02:38 AM »

these are COLLECTOR dolls, that's why ;)

Ohh.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2022, 09:08:50 AM »
And she's out! Did anyone else get one? :D She's still in stock surprisingly, I thought for sure she'd be gone by now (Greta sold out in 4 mins IIRC). Maybe Mattel have actually listened to collectors for once and have stocked more than usual?

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2022, 09:16:27 AM »
I got one!

I'm surprised but happy to see she's still in stock. I hope everyone that wants her can get her.

I hope that means the other 4 collector dolls that are coming out are easy to get as well.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2022, 10:13:45 AM »
Congrats guys!

I'm thinking hard about it!   :lol: But I don't think I will. I love my Frankies but I don't know if I want to spend another $60 for this one. I hope this one goes away soon so I can stop being tempted.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal