collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Dolls by Integrity Toys  (Read 7792 times)

LilBroPony

• Trade Count: (0)
My Little Pony Dolls by Integrity Toys
« on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:12 AM »
Hello, everypony! My Little Pony dolls are coming!
(Dear Mods, please move to proper forum if this is the wrong place to post this)

[image removed ~ hathorcat]

Integrity Toys, Inc., under license from Hasbro, Inc., is thrilled to announce the “♥ MY LITTLE PONY” (pronounced “heart MY LITTLE PONY”) fashion figure collection, a high end collectible series inspired by and made to honor the fans of the MY LITTLE PONY brand.

This special-edition collection that is guaranteed to be “at least 20% cooler” will include several fashion dolls and figures inspired by both male MY LITTLE PONY brand enthusiasts (often known in popular culture as “bronies”) and female enthusiasts (often known as “pegasisters”).

“The ♥ MY LITTLE PONY brand has the most amazing community of fans, based around the positive messaging showcased on the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic animated series” said Alain Tremblay, marketing director of Integrity Toys, Inc. “We cannot wait to showcase and honor their fandom through this unique and trendy series of collectible 12-inch figures, decked out in MY LITTLE PONY branded gear and more”. Vaughn Sawyers, head designer for Integrity Toys added, “As MY LITTLE PONY fans are as firmly entrenched themselves in popular culture as the brand itself, and with fans on our own design team, we felt that now was the perfect time for a collection like this.”

This is not the first time Integrity Toys has teamed up with Hasbro, Inc. Integrity also has been producing JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS collectible dolls under license from Hasbro, Inc. for the past few years.

The <3 MY LITTLE PONY figures, which will be done in 1:6 scale (approximately 12 inches tall) are set to be released approximately Winter 2015 and more details about their pricing and where to purchase them will be available closer to the release date.

In the meantime, Integrity Toys has released two prototype sketches, including one male figure and one female figure, and is taking an email sign-up notification list at its website at www.integritytoys.com/mlp. Interested consumers and media can sign up for this email list to get updates about the line and its upcoming release.

[Topic merge ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:32:00 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Dolls by Integrity Toys
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
So, what, are they going to be human dolls dressed in MLP fashions, or..?? I'm intrigued either way! :o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LilBroPony

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
So, what, are they going to be human dolls dressed in MLP fashions, or..?? I'm intrigued either way! :o
Based on the sketches, I would say yes. :)
Really excited for this!

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:32:02 AM »
Looks interesting....

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »
I know a guy that looks almost exactly like that, minus the hoodie and nag. Because even most bronies I know would find that excessive.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
BIG NEWS -- HIGH END FASHION DOLLS FOR MY LITTLE PONY?!?!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Yep that's right.  Integrity just picked up the MLP license and they are going to make a series of <3 My Little Pony fashion dolls! 

I don't know if any of you were aware of the Tokidoki Barbie that came out recently- but it looks like the dolls will be in that line.  Not ACTUALLY PONIES like Equestria Girls or something- but pretty fashion dolls with MLP clothes.

You can sign up to be on the notification list (for when the dolls come out) HERE: http://www.integritytoys.com/mlp/

There are no prototypes yet, just some concept sketches- but they look pretty cute. 

I will warn you, they are probably not going to be cheap, most likely in the $119+ range, like Jem. So they won't be for everyone- but I have a feeling they will sell out pretty fast- so keep your eyes peeled if you are interested- because if you miss out, the price of these dolls on the secondary market could be very painful (I missed out on Hollywood Jem thanks to waffling over the price and once I realized I neeeeded her, I simply could not afford her.  She has YET to come down in price).

The Jem line has been absolutely stunning so I am eager to see what they will do with a high end MLP line of dolls-  especially when the announcement says:
Each figure will come beautifully displayed in a fantastic new package design, themed around each My Little Pony character associated with the doll or figure.

Fans can expect lots of little "themed" accessories and especially designed clothing
pieces that express each doll's love for his or her favorite My Little Pony character!
Here are the concept sketches-  the Jem dolls all came with some killer accessories so I expect the same will be true of the MLP dolls-SO EXCITED!

Here is the official press release info:

Fashion Figure Collection

Integrity Toys, Inc., under license from Hasbro, Inc., is thrilled to announce the "<3 MY LITTLE PONY" (pronounced "heart MY LITTLE PONY") fashion figure collection, a high end collectible series inspired by and made to honor the fans of the MY LITTLE PONY brand.

This special-edition collection that is guaranteed to be "at least 20% cooler" will include several fashion dolls and figures inspired by both male MY LITTLE PONY brand enthusiasts

"The MY LITTLE PONY brand has the most amazing community of fans, based around the positive messaging showcased on the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic animated series" said Alain Tremblay, marketing director of Integrity Toys, Inc. "We cannot wait to showcase and honor their fandom through this unique and trendy series of collectible 12-inch figures, decked out in MY LITTLE PONY branded gear and more". Vaughn Sawyers, head designer for Integrity Toys added, "As MY LITTLE PONY fans are as firmly entrenched themselves in popular culture as the brand itself, and with fans on our own design team, we felt that now was the perfect time for a collection like this."

This is not the first time Integrity Toys has teamed up with Hasbro, Inc. Integrity also has been producing JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS collectible dolls under license from Hasbro, Inc. for the past few years.

The <3 MY LITTLE PONY figures, which will be done in 1:6 scale (approximately 12 inches tall) are set to be released approximately in the fourth quarter of 2015 and more details about their pricing and where to purchase them will be available closer to the release date.

In the meantime, Integrity Toys has released two prototype sketches, including one male figure and one female figure, and is taking an email sign-up notification list at its website at www.integritytoys.com/mlp. Interested consumers and media can sign up for this email list to get updates about the line and its upcoming release*.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: BIG NEWS -- HIGH END FASHION DOLLS FOR MY LITTLE PONY?!?!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:28:48 AM »
Oooo, by Integrity?  They do such lovely work.  I'm interested to see what they produce!  I'm digging the Rainbow Dash doll jacket.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

AutisticandProudLuna

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
Interesting! I hope the ads were not made by the designers, though, because they have some pretty basic clipart from the coloring books and boxes, even on the fashion itself. I have seen art from fans that prove that people can do amazing interpretations of this, so I hope the artists do! Also really curious for the boxes (i'm not big on fashion dolls, but I love the Ever After High boxes.)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 12:15:08 PM »
...well, those aren't the worst designs I could imagine.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:16 PM »
Interesting! I hope the ads were not made by the designers, though, because they have some pretty basic clipart from the coloring books and boxes, even on the fashion itself. I have seen art from fans that prove that people can do amazing interpretations of this, so I hope the artists do! Also really curious for the boxes (i'm not big on fashion dolls, but I love the Ever After High boxes.)

Well the designers design fashions (it is Jason Wu's company and he designs some of the doll fashions too)- so I don't think they would try re-designing the ponies themselves, they would just use Hasbro's images. 

I am very keen on seeing what the packaging looks like too- I have LOVEd teh packaging for Jem, it is so fun and absolutely gorgeous.  I hope they do as good a job for MLP!

I am also super excited about the ACCESSORIES!!!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »
Interesting idea. I can't imagine buying them though.
I mean...they are kinda expensive dolls with kinda MLP inspired clothing. That's even further removed from the MLP toyline than EQG is.
I think with that amount of money i rather buy an MLP hoodie for myself to wear. ^^;

Maybe it would be cooler if the outfits were more detailed or if they were inspired more on an actual pony. These just look kinda boring even from a fashion stand point. A Dash hoodie and 20% cooler shirt? Hmmmyeaaaahnoooo.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:30:58 PM by Malicieuse »

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
I hope they have some diversity with the designs... the last thing the brony part of the fandom needs is another all-white, cookie-cutter body shaped human rendition.

Regardless, I can't afford these and I don't do human dolls, so unless they for some reason make a Cheerilee one, I'll be skipping out on these. I hope they look nice completed, though.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »
I don't mean to sound negative, but why can't this high end line make some actual PONIES? It would be neat!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »
Oh dear. This actually scares me a little xD. I knew Hasbro were hybridding MLP and Jem themes but this is a full scale merger...

Mind you, IT are high quality and did an amazing job on the Jem dolls. They are super expensive but the detail is pretty amazing right down to the tiniest parts. Accurate too, although I don't know what they're going to base MLP off. I think they might...look more like Jem dolls cosplaying as MLP actually.
Spoiler

This is my Stormer and Pizzazz and it shows the kind of thing I think Hasbro might do...I can see them using all the colours and stuff and sticking cutie marks on cheeks like Jem make up to be honest.

I really suspect, with the coloured hair and stuff, they might be in the same style only with a more contemporary (less eighties) feel to them.  If you look at the shades of skin tone, Twilight Sparkle looks like she might have Synergy's body colouring, which will be interesting.
Synergy:
Spoiler

I am still a bit scared though O.o.

And annoyed at the pegasister comment.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:05:34 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
I don't mean to sound negative, but why can't this high end line make some actual PONIES? It would be neat!

Integrity wouldn't make ponies-it is a small small company owned by Jason Wu (fashion designer) and they have always made fashion dolls (nothing else). Basically to showcase beautiful and well made fashions (inspired by their own designers and other designers in the real fashion world) in doll size (which is actually a little more affordable than real designer fashions).

So even the departure to making fashion dolls wearing MLP inspired outfits is causing QUITE a ruccous- but then so did the Jem line, and it did very well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal