collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Dolls by Integrity Toys  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: BIG NEWS -- HIGH END FASHION DOLLS FOR MY LITTLE PONY?!?!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
It will be interesting to see what the finished products will look like, but I'm definitely not in the target group for these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Dolls by Integrity Toys
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »
Oh awesome! I didn't see this thread-  I had started one too- maybe they should be merged?

I am super excited about the dolls!  I would love my Jem dolls to Cosplay in MLP themed outfit pieces and accessories- and I have absolutely LOVED the Jem line, so I have a feeling the dolls are going to knock my socks off...

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
oo the concept art of the guy is cute! I'm actually intersted in these!! will be keeping my eye out for these!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »

So even the departure to making fashion dolls wearing MLP inspired outfits is causing QUITE a ruccous- but then so did the Jem line, and it did very well.

I don't think the Jem line was that drastic, to be honest. The dolls are all extremely true to the design of the characters. There's been a lot of flapping about the cost and the antics of some WClub people buying lots of a limited doll so they can clean up on ebay later, but the dolls themselves have been generally high quality. There was the mould issue with one of the SDCC Jems but that was rather out of IT's control. IT made a bunch of characters that Hasbro never bothered to, like Astral, Regine and the Stingers, which is one of the best things.

They are very expensive though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
Any chance the clothes can be used on other dolls? :D

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

So even the departure to making fashion dolls wearing MLP inspired outfits is causing QUITE a ruccous- but then so did the Jem line, and it did very well.

I don't think the Jem line was that drastic, to be honest. The dolls are all extremely true to the design of the characters. There's been a lot of flapping about the cost and the antics of some WClub people buying lots of a limited doll so they can clean up on ebay later, but the dolls themselves have been generally high quality. There was the mould issue with one of the SDCC Jems but that was rather out of IT's control. IT made a bunch of characters that Hasbro never bothered to, like Astral, Regine and the Stingers, which is one of the best things.

They are very expensive though.

Oh I just meant that the collectors of Integrity dolls had a fit when Integrity started making Jem dolls- claiming that it would "ruin" the company to make cartoon-based dolls.  It was all quite silly as the dolls sold like hotcakes, except the ones that were editions of 1200 (which were way too big).  The editions of 500 - 850 seemed to sell out within a few days.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
Cool concept, but these are totally not for me. Pass.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: BIG NEWS -- HIGH END FASHION DOLLS FOR MY LITTLE PONY?!?!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »
It will be interesting to see what the finished products will look like, but I'm definitely not in the target group for these.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. These look to be too far removed from MLP for me to really be interested, plus I'm just not generally into human dolls anyway. -shrug-

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 03:03:25 PM »
Oh, those people. Yeah, I forgot that. But I don't really bother about them since a bunch of them bought Jem to resell at a higher price, even while deriding the line. XD One of the reasons so many collectors missed out on Regine was due to hoard buying through the W Club. I almost didn't get her - if someone hadn't helped me out I would have missed out and I was literally there on the first day she was released.

Apparently - according to someone on my Jem list - those are tights on Twilight, so nope, no purple skin tone. Sad.

I'm going to stick to Jem anyway. These are interesting but not interesting enough for me to spend $120 on them.

Maybe if they were old ponies, and actually had the pony colouring as skin tone. A Mimic would be amazing. Weird, but amazing.

@Jordan - if IT are true to form with these, probably they'll appear in online stores. IT have a lot of links on their website to stores all over the world that are suppliers. I'd wait and see the prices first though. Maybe they'll be cheaper than Jem...but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:05:46 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »
Yeah- I'm wondering if they will have a lower price point too-

the press release said that Integrity did not yet know if the dolls would be sold through their regular dealers yet- or the pricing. 

That is very interesting to me.  It means they will either be Integrity exclusives or possibly sold through regular retailers- which probably would mean a lower price point.  So these could indeed be play-line type dolls. 

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »
What's odd is they are calling them "figures" instead of "dolls". I wonder if they intend on selling them through comic and collectibles shops?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 06:03:20 PM »
hmmm sounds exciting. i don't know anything about integrity toys. what are the chances of having joints?
the only thing that makes me nervous is the "Made for Adult collectors" meaning "made for adult collector's wallets"
guessing these will be pretty spendy

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »
hmmm sounds exciting. i don't know anything about integrity toys. what are the chances of having joints?
the only thing that makes me nervous is the "Made for Adult collectors" meaning "made for adult collector's wallets"
guessing these will be pretty spendy

Yes they will be jointed, and I think you can count on them being spendy as well, because the dolls are actually really well made.
Here is a picture of one of their doll bodies (the MLP dolls will use a slightly different sculpt but it will have similar features like elbow, wrist, neck, knee joints. Some dolls also have a waist joint.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nIG1dI6N078/UzdSMnWn5gI/AAAAAAAAFi4/JoCwAz5g0Ok/s1600/2012-Style-C-Body-Front.jpg

The super poseability makes the dolls fun to pose - but difficult to collect as they are expensive. THe pricing info isn't out yet, but some of their more basic dolls are $79-$99, although they used to have a cheaper play-line set of dolls, those ones didn't have the super poseable bodies.

What's odd is they are calling them "figures" instead of "dolls". I wonder if they intend on selling them through comic and collectibles shops?

Integrity always calls its boy dolls "figures" for some reason.  I guess they don't want the boy dolls to feel too emasculated.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 06:31:16 PM »
I really suspect, with the coloured hair and stuff, they might be in the same style only with a more contemporary (less eighties) feel to them.  If you look at the shades of skin tone, Twilight Sparkle looks like she might have Synergy's body colouring, which will be interesting.
Synergy:
Spoiler

I am still a bit scared though O.o.

And annoyed at the pegasister comment.

The sketch for Twilight theme looks like a normal skin tone to me.. She does have purple leggings by the looks of it.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »
I really suspect, with the coloured hair and stuff, they might be in the same style only with a more contemporary (less eighties) feel to them.  If you look at the shades of skin tone, Twilight Sparkle looks like she might have Synergy's body colouring, which will be interesting.
Synergy:
Spoiler

I am still a bit scared though O.o.

And annoyed at the pegasister comment.

The sketch for Twilight theme looks like a normal skin tone to me.. She does have purple leggings by the looks of it.

Yeah I suspect she will be wearing tights.  But it does look like she will probably have twilight's hair color.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal