collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65769 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2022, 12:41:52 PM »
I'm out of my medicine that helps me stay awake and focused so I slept a lot today. I did get the forms mailed but there was another one in my mailbox. What a waste of paper, they couldn't send all three together? Anyway, I filled that one out and will put it in the mail tomorrow when I drop off the rent check. I finished the kitchen yesterday, it looks much nicer :)

Today I still need to clean the litter boxes, but I bought a new scoop so it should go faster (the old one is broken).

I wanted to make roast veggies tonight, but I'm thinking spaghetti instead.

@PBW Congrats on the cake! I'm not a fan of cake... yeah, I know it's weird. I can eat a cupcake once in a while, but I prefer cookies to everything else.

@Artie I do feel better in general, just super tired. The forms weren't too bad, but my handwriting is terrible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2022, 04:19:31 PM »
The sharky server is one I've mentioned before: it's a Discord server dedicated to sharkies like Bakana, & all the active people on it either have their own one or six, or are getting in the near future. It's one of the most adorable servers I know of xxx

Sounds fun!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
Thank you for all of the support :) There are a lot of resources online for interview prep and my partner has offered to help do mock interviews. he isn't a coder so he won't be able to help as much with the tech interviews. but there is a site that has resources to do mock interviews. tech interviews are kinda broken. it shouldn't take months of prep to get a job in a field you already have over 10 years of experience in. but i can fight it and stay at my current misery. or i can just learn to do better in interviews.

also Luna did well in her crate. she slept in it last night. today we left her for a short time just so she can get used to it. she cried a little bit when we were walking out of the door but when we got home she was quiet. her sisters don't seem to like that Luna has to be separated though. the three of them are becoming fast friends. it's always a little nerve wracking to introduce a new family member. i'm glad they like each other.

@PBW your baking always looks so good. i might be inspired to bake when the weather cools down.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2022, 01:25:13 AM »
Cheers folks for compliments on my baking!!! I'm just glad I can in the air fryer!!!

Yesterday was quiet & lazy, & short, but did a wee bit more knitting & made a few online purchases. Got dishes to do today, a little laundry to sort, & want to see if I can manage pancakes without going out for sugar. Took pizza stuff out of freezer into fridge last night for tonight's dinner. Once dishes are done will have to drain & defrost some veg for the toppings...

Beth, thank heavens I don't have to go through job interviews!!! They're hard enough for normal neurotypical people, let alone those of us who are neurodivergent xxx BC I hope you get a new stock of the medication & that it's not too dear xxx Artie it's my fave server!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2022, 07:59:34 AM »
@Beth, it's lovely to hear that the dogs are getting on well :) My day has just been a day of getting over sickness this morning and hiding from the heat this afternoon. Bit worried about not keeping up my hours, but not much I can do. Can't drive when I'm about to throw up and can't risk the pregnancy. I wish I could have some quiet time with my ponies  ;)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2022, 05:52:20 PM »
@PBW that's something i worry about a lot. i'm also in the process of interviewing candidates too. which is very weird considering i'm planning to leave. it's not my choice since the positions opened up before i even became a manager and we do need the help. i really want people to do well. and it's hard to know if i'm making them nervous. or if they're nervous interviewing. or if they genuinely don't have the skillset. i'm not someone who connects instantly with most people either. i also didn't get any interview training so i'm learning as I go :huh:

@Artie i hope you feel better :) Driving while nauseated doesn't sound safe at all. better to stay home :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2022, 05:53:16 PM »
I went to the store today. Came home, fixed lunch and watched a movie. Will take the pooch out for a walk later.

Post Merge: August 08, 2022, 05:54:14 PM

@Beth, it's lovely to hear that the dogs are getting on well :) My day has just been a day of getting over sickness this morning and hiding from the heat this afternoon. Bit worried about not keeping up my hours, but not much I can do. Can't drive when I'm about to throw up and can't risk the pregnancy. I wish I could have some quiet time with my ponies  ;)

Hope it passes soon. Morning sickness sucks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2022, 04:00:57 AM »
Managed to make pancakes AND have pizza, because pancakes don't take much sugar!!! Both fluffy & tough sharky slippers have arrived, a day apart, & both fit well. Coffee this morning: pal has an interview. Got a pretty bowl though & have my eyes on the matching dinner plate & travel mug. Bought electricity: I'm up to every two weeks on that because I don't want to run out when it's cold, & electricity bills are due to go up AGAIN soon.
One seller (a person on here: Pink Kittywinks) has come down with chickenpox!!! So obviously is holding off posting orders until she's better. Get well soon PKW!!! I don't mind this because I tend to pick at scabs so the last thing I want is to catch an infection which is all scabs. Only sulks I have are: 1/ my old deep fryer oil. It's making things taste less pleasant & I may have to ditch it. 2/ the Fairtrade stall is out of my fave biccies: stem ginger, with actual ginger pieces in them!!! At least they have sugar so I can make my own cookies, but I don't have ginger pieces on hand here.
Quick nip to the Coop for yet more baking powder as I use a LOT!!! Like, 3 teaspoons per recipe just about. So I'm lucky if a tub of it lasts me a month... Still, at least I can make cookies now... & I like making my own ginger cookies for going with hot choc, now I know how much ginger to put in them...

Artie early pregnancy is the WORST for sickness!!! Stay strong & take care of yourself!!! Good on you for not risking driving xxx
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:02:59 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2022, 05:40:49 AM »
Ooh, ginger cookies are one of my favorites! Send me some :lol:

I plan to finish three custom ponies today. Then I want to needle felt something. I still want to make a sheep, but I didn't get the wool locks yet. But I can still make one with one of the grey wools I have. I also want to make something for my mom for her birthday. I'm thinking garland, hearts maybe, to go on her bedside table.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got a lot of stuff done around the house. All I have to do today is cut up some veggies. The rest of the day can be dedicated to artsy stuff :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2022, 08:25:43 AM »
Sorry BC, they're all for me!!!
Glad you caught up on chores, but I do hope you get rest as well as art worked on.

Had a visitor after coffee, which threw things off a bit, but hey, that can't be helped. The second support worker has retired, so now I have a new one. Showed her round everything & talked of how I spend my days, my collections, & the previous two support workers & what they did to help out. She was impressed by the Pony & sharky collections, & has arranged to see me in three weeks. Rest of the day lazy & it's a good thing I bought a pasta salad at the Co-op, because I didn't feel like cooking anything, even chips!!!
Meanwhile it's raining packages, this time the US ones, all three of which came today!!! Peggy Mane, a cloak & necklace for BAB TS, & the ferris wheel for the Ponyville Sundae amusement park. It still works, but needs one cup attached to a sundae (the sundae's still there, so I my Apoxie Sculpt one). Everything else is decent to immaculate. Will get on the ginger cookies today I swear.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2022, 11:04:49 AM »
Worked this am.  Supposed to leave at noon but didn’t leave until after 1pm thanks to crazy people.  MULTIPLE showed up at noon who I TOLD to be there before noon.  One lady is this passive-aggressive pain who does this repeatedly. 
Now I’m at Longhorns Steakhouse eating a late lunch.

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2022, 12:23:57 PM »
Fighting a sore throat and out of shape body. And cleaning my room because it needs it. I am drinking water in my 40 OZ Hydro Flask to try and keep my body cool. Also I am doing Beanie Boo Birthday Posters until August 30 (when school starts).
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2022, 01:40:00 PM »
Hi all, I have surfaced. I've had a fairly boring couple of days so  didn't write anything. The biggest hedghog came last night and is eating the cat food. There is also a pair and another single one who is the smallest. This guy is huge.

I cooked another big courgette bake and my husband cooked steak tonight. Initially I thought there wasn't much food in the garden but then I found a globe courgette, an Uchiki Kuri squash and a handful of french beans. I did know the chard, potaotes and spring onions were there since you can't really miss them. I was quite pleased with my little haul so I took a photo. We don't have to cook for a couple of days which is good because the temperature is going up again. A big harvest moon has risen over the fields tonight, it's a sort of apricot colour.

@PBW do you collect a lot of Ponyville? I love the playsets so much!

@Gator I hate being held back at work. Glad you took yourself for a nice lunch though

@Rainlove I hope that's not the evil COVIDs and that you feel better soon. What is Beanie Boo?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 01:41:44 PM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2022, 03:36:28 PM »
Hi all, I have surfaced. I've had a fairly boring couple of days so  didn't write anything. The biggest hedghog came last night and is eating the cat food. There is also a pair and another single one who is the smallest. This guy is huge.

I cooked another big courgette bake and my husband cooked steak tonight. Initially I thought there wasn't much food in the garden but then I found a globe courgette, an Uchiki Kuri squash and a handful of french beans. I did know the chard, potaotes and spring onions were there since you can't really miss them. I was quite pleased with my little haul so I took a photo. We don't have to cook for a couple of days which is good because the temperature is going up again. A big harvest moon has risen over the fields tonight, it's a sort of apricot colour.

@Rainlove I hope that's not the evil COVIDs and that you feel better soon. What is Beanie Boo?
Thanks! I was hoping not COVID again. Beanie boos are the various sizing stuffed animals with the "stare into your soul" eyes. I have over 15. Exact number: 27 i think? Ive had to stop with whatever my body has going on and rest. Grrrr... . I could maybe pm you showijg what i mean!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »
Spent the day at my parent's place. Mostly with my mom. We talked and binged a series on Netflix which was pretty good (Elves. It's Danish but has English dubs). I talked to my dad a bit too and I gave him a hug. I probably won't see him again until after the surgery on Friday.

My mom got me an early birthday present. It's a bright orange fluffy throw blanket with black bats on it :lol: I think I'll switch out the throw I have on the recliner for it. She also found a box of stuff that was my sister's that she told me to take. I haven't gone through it yet.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal