collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71719 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2022, 06:32:56 AM »
BC if you need the rest you need the rest. Still glad you got some stuff done xxx Beth fingers crossed for your work!!! Artie that bake sounds tasty!!! Freezes all the best at uni xxx

Me: frustrated. Among my orders coming in (more came today) are some sharky stickers from Redbubble. I want to add them to my stash of sharky stickers I put in anther Redbubble envelope SOMEWHERE, but can I find said envelope??? NOPE!!! So now I have to hunt for it... Got the shelf established & sorted, also got a new worker coming next week after coffee. Now I know my pal is on holiday I'm not so worried. Food delivery came: no missing items!!! Just the odd sub & not on cereal either!!! Included is a big bag of plain flour, so baking is back on the agenda!!! Biccies, cake or what??? Hmmm... Still have to prep the peppers from the Co-op too (I like them on my pizzas)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2022, 06:45:31 AM »
Beth, I think a change of work would be really good for you if you can do it :hug:

PBK, cookies? I like cookies :)

Okay. Today. Pony stuff. No excuses!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2022, 01:24:04 PM »
yeah we did crate training with all of our previous dogs. i was hoping to avoid it this time since we're usually always home. and i feel bad that Luna will be the only one in a crate. but since she will grab stuff off counters and tables. and she's still chewing. i think crate training will be the best to keep her out of trouble. she also eats stuff that isn't food so i don't want her to eat part of the rug or something and get sick. also one of my other dogs is very sensitive and gets really upset if there's any trouble. the crate gets here Friday. its the largest one and it will fold down once we don't need it anymore.

hoping today will be a less stressful work day. i just want to do work and not get into the drama. but with my new role that really isn't an option. i think it's time to look for something else.

In the words of Mary J Blige... /drama.
I find job hunting makes me feel better if I'm stressed about work. If I wasn't pregnant I'd be looking now.

I did WFH Wednesday as usual, mostly ended up buying a chemical which was frustrating and boring. Then I posted my niece's birthday card and then pruned a shrub into a pyramid. Now very tired. I've overdone it.

:hug: everyone
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:26:17 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2022, 06:09:58 PM »
today was a little better. less meetings :)

i thought about looking last year but since we were in the process of buying a house switching jobs was risky. also things were better at work. after my manager left i think i'm seeing more of the craziness. more people have been leaving too and i don't want to wait until it gets really bad. plus given the number of times i post here about being stressed about work it's probably good to look for something new. i wish i could freelance full-time but i need a steady paycheck and benefits. maybe someday :D

i hope everyone had a good day :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2022, 04:22:57 AM »
So far this morning:

Wrote notes for another story plan.
Sorted a lot of my DVDs into new homes.
Put in one job application and printed the outline for a second.
Vacuumed.

Still to do today: Plant watering and check

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2022, 06:04:20 AM »
Yesterday I did the pony stuff! Today will continue with detail painting.

I need to fill out some forms and clean the kitchen too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2022, 06:19:09 AM »
DID NOT get to cook anything more than what I actually ate, however DID sort some more stuff out on a table I've neglected for a while, AND found the other envelope!!! So now all my sharky stickers & stuff are in one place & I know where that is!!! My polystyrene is still taunting me, but freak it, I'm making biccies!!! (once the peppers are prepped anyway)

BC well done on getting stuff done!!! Taffeta, welcome to the thread & also glad you're productive!!! Beth, yep, deffo time to find a new job xxx Artie, take care of you & the baby, & happy bd to your niece xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2022, 06:23:44 AM »
meetings, meetings, meetings

need to start training for job interviews again. yeah for tech jobs the interview process requires a lot of preparation. i'm not great at on the spot problem solving. i tend to forget stuff when i'm under pressure. i need to get better since it's really held me back. there are a lot of resources. just need the time.

also need to put together a small grocery pickup. and need to do some cleaning since my parents decided to invite themselves over for dinner on Friday. still not in a great place mentally. i don't know what will make it better. hopefully i'll feel better once the weekend is here. i really just feel like crying. i'm sorry to be in such a sad mood.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2022, 11:56:56 AM »
Hello @Taffeta, glad to hear you're writing! That's good news. Anything we can peek at or is it academic stuff? @Beth, I always feel like I have to get back on the horse with interviews. It's tiring on top of a job that's already tiresome otherwise you wouldn't be doing the interviews. My parents are coming over on the 14th August. Along with another 5 relatives. How did this happen? I must have been mad. I'm taking the Friday off to clean. @PBW cheers, I'm trying to chill out and OH is being very helpful with the chores. Hope you're well and so glad you found your envelope of other Sharky stickers. When I get new things like accessories or comics, I love putting them together with the ones I already have and putting them in the right order. So satisfying. How are you prepping these peppers?

Today I went up to work, then came home at 12.30 because it was too hot upstairs in the office. The aircon broke but OH fixed it somehow. The I napped in the aircon bubble. That's about it! I feel like a giant slug.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2022, 02:06:28 PM »
As the day went on, I felt worse and worse. I managed to complete the forms, but as I was about to head to the mailbox it started downpouring, so I'll do that tomorrow. I cleaned up most of the kitchen (there is still cardboard to be broken down and some garbage that needs to be double bagged).

Didn't get any painting done. I'm thinking about it now, but I just don't feel well.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2022, 07:50:54 PM »
Beth, huge snuggles xxx You're allowed to cry!!! BC get well soon, & take it nice & easy until you do (also try to get the forms in the post soon) xxx Artie oh boy, the heat does that!!!

Managed to prep the peppers (I hate pepper seeds with a VENGEANCE) AND break down & bag the polystyrene, but didn't manage to cook. Cookies can wait as they don't need much, if any, milk at all. It's cake & muffins which need the fresh milk though, so will have another cake go soon. Otherwise took a nap again, while celebrating something on the sharky server when awake. My surfaces are much clearer after my reorganising, so that's a huge benefit at least

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2022, 01:25:18 PM »
thanks everyone :) i feel better today. glad the weekend is here. doing some interview prep this weekend before i start the job search. tech interviews can be a nightmare but fear of interviewing has really held me back so it's an obstacle i need to overcome.

I set up Luna's crate and she went right in. we'll give it a short test today.

everyone have a good day :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2022, 02:10:28 AM »
Good to hear that Beth!!!

I DID IT!!! I made chocolate cake!!! I even made icing for it!!! Problem is how much sugar got used for it (at least I can whizz down normal sugar to icing sugar levels). If I want cookies or pancakes I will need more sugar. It's as simple as that.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2022, 07:08:12 AM »
@PBW Mmm sugar. I get so addicted to sugar and when I eat sweet things it really perks up my apetite for other things too. ALso what is the sharky server? @Beth I'm thinking of you and sending lots of good wishes. I hope you find some good resources. I just remembered a thing I've done in the past. Can you get a friend to give you a mock interview? Might be worth a try. I hope you get some free time to decompress as well. @BC I hope you feel better soon. Is it the heat or something else? If it's *those* type of forms, I remember they used to make me feel ill just looking at them on the doormat!

Today I did some door painting. The first couple of sides went well, but when I tried to do the back of the first one, the weather was too hot and the resin has gone on patchy. It has a slight green tint to it and unfortunately this one looks patchy. I will see how bad it looks when it's dry. I might have to sand some off. I deliberatley used a dead matt finish. I cleaned the brass furniture for one door with brasso. Certain products in the UK never change and have quite cool packaging. Lyle's Golden Syrup, Lea and Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce, Marmite and Brasso are a few.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:15:52 AM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2022, 10:53:33 AM »
The sharky server is one I've mentioned before: it's a Discord server dedicated to sharkies like Bakana, & all the active people on it either have their own one or six, or are getting in the near future. It's one of the most adorable servers I know of xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal