collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mail Order Lil Cupcake is coming back home at last!!!  (Read 349 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Mail Order Lil Cupcake is coming back home at last!!!
« on: June 10, 2016, 11:31:10 AM »
 I've always regretted selling mine that I got BIN for such a good price 5+ years ago namely bc I figured I'd NEVER be able to replace her cheaply with the bidding wars and ostentatious pricing some sellers come up with these days. :yikes:   I did sell her to an Arena member (found that out after the fact! :heart: ) so that made it easier to part with her since I knew she was going to a good home and not a greedy ebay reseller. For the past four or five years I've been stalking eBay for another that didn't cost like $200 (there was one even for $252 BIN once! ) and no luck since she's not a pony that comes up for auction very often. But a few days ago I spied one that only a little bit of time left and she was only up to $26!!!!  :whoa: 

Of course, I knew there was NO way she'd end at that extremely low price for such a rare mail order baby so I watched it and pretty much forgot about it until late last night. I checked in on her and she'd only gone up to $34 so I put in a bid. The last L'il Cupcake I scored from eBay I did a buy now for $50 which I didn't think was asking too much considering her rarity. So I put in $50.07. :silly:   I was outbid within a few hours. So I put in a REALLY HIGH bid -- you know the kind where you HOPE against the odds it won't go up that high but it *should* secure you the win? And went to bed.  :zzz:

This morning I'd almost forgot that the listing was ending today so I checked in with only 59 min left to go and it'd only gone up to $53 which was still relatively reasonable to me. Then comes the most nerve wracking, nail biting, tense moments of any listing ending. Waiting that last half hour, then last 15 min then last 5 min... then last minute waiting for someone to snipe you in the last few seconds. I was certain she'd sky rocket in the last minute and watched like a hawk until the timer ran out to zero. BUT NOPE!!! I'd staked my claim and won my prize AND only $3 more than my initial bid so I was very :frolic: !!!

I know this is a long winded brag and I don't technically have her in my 'hooves' yet but I was too excited to share as this has been a long awaited homecoming for this sweet little girl. She's never leaving my herd again!! Money is fleeting but ponies are FOREVER!!! :lovey:

Here's the ended listing btw and she looks to be in fab shape I'm sure she will be gorg once she'd had a trip to the pony spa!! :happy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331872358404

[stickied 11/6/16 - kiwimlp :) ]

unstickied 17/6/16
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:41:59 PM by kiwimlp »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Mail Order Lil Cupcake is coming back home at last!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
Huge congrats on your Grail pony!  ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
Oh wow, that is an amazing story. I felt like I was going through the auction process with you (biting my nails in fear you were going to have to pay a fortune, lol).  I'm so glad it turned out well and you got her for such an amazing price.  Major congrats!!  :D :D

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:35:08 AM »
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yay, stickie!!! :happy: Thanks Kiwi!! :heart:

I was shocked the bidder that outbid me didn't steal her back as the winning bid was only  $2 more than theirs lol Super thrilled but shocked! ! ! :drunk:  I really wanted to replace her for my birthday which is in a few mos and cupcakes are my favorite symbol besides cats and kittens hehe so this was very fitting!! I really needed a pony pick me up in my life right now so this found me at the right time. :lovey:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:37:14 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
That's fantastic news! Congrats!
Those bids are the best because it feels so good when you win something you REALLY want!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »
Yay!! congratulations  :biggrin: !!!  :cheer:
She is so cute!
 :newpony:

I know what you mean about counting down that last hour to the last few secs :P eeek lol I can't watch anymore I make my boyfriend do it on the major ones I really really want or I will end up fumbling or bidding too high  :lol:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 08:25:48 PM »
Neat congrats!! :D

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
Big congrats love!! :cheer:

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 05:12:18 AM »
Gee darn I forgot to bid!  just kidding, great win for you!

And great :sad: to :frolic: story!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
Wow, that is awesome! Huge congrats!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal