collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Buyer help...update...yikes  (Read 2327 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
eBay Buyer help...update...yikes
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »
OK, I sold a Rainbow Dash Comic Con Funko to a gal and she recieved it, but apparently something happened to the sticker that says Comic Con. Apparently it has some kind of rip on it with tape. It was not like that when I sent it, I have the picture from my listing. The buyer sent me a pic of it showing some wave on the sticker and she is saying that it has tape on it. I certainly did not do that, but she is acting like I am trying to scam her on it. I told her I would refund her $5 for it or she could send it back per my return policy if she is unhappy, but she is acting like that is not good enough and is saying I am not being accountable for sending her an item that was not as described....

Dear elish22,

Hi I recieved firefly today he is a cutey.ty.
Since noticing u r member of mlp arena I have??Many loyal too friendly on arena.
i don't knw wtd wen ppl complain on feedback instead of handling thru emails first.Idk if cuz I'm new seller?buyer said their was phantom bidder which idk wut is. Then finally replies not my fault.After feedback damage.I've got winning auctions frm ppl not paying or bids w low purchase (0-6).seller mad I asked for shipping overages that were excessive,she emailed me continuous about my charges when I had just sold international eBay calculates then I refund overages.Since all this;I've had strange bids wins non pay, feedback assumptions.r few sellers may feel competitive?Thanks for listening.
My question about comic con pony- not one pictured is it?pony not sealed in box,HA it open.sticker not same as pictured?been cut/taped in one spot.just had few questn? About selling n one concern as buyer do u have any w newer sticker?

- sweetklementine77"

Dear sweetklementine77,

OK I am I am trying to follow the questions, so please bear with me. It was Rainbow Dash that you bought not Firefly. Sometimes people get rushes with winning bids on ebay and then do not pay, it does happen but I just move on and have my auctions set up to do unpaid buyer if they do not pay after so many days. If you were left unfair feedback, you can always respond to the feedback and put up your side of the story.

Rainbow Dash Comic Con is a Funko pony and none of the Funko ponies have tape sealed boxes. I don't know why but that is the way they are. I have every single one of the MLP ones and not one has a sealed box, even the comic con ones.  The box left me perfectly fine. I did not tape anything and it was not cut. Can you send me a picture?

- elish22

Dear elish22,

Hi didnt have enuf room to finish. Idk nothing about comic con n really didn't matter to me but good perk. Is it possible sellers put sticker at comic con to sell n it be authentic ? Cuz there's scratching on clear plastic too like was tampered with? I don't mean u personally, just seller at convention ?? Thanks again. I'm happy 5stars just not one pictured... Zoomed in n no cut or tape on that one...
Ty
K

- sweetklementine77

Dear sweetklementine77,

What tape? I am confused sorry. This pony was only available from comic con so the sticker is authentic.  Which plastic is scratched? The box plastic or the pony? The pony's face has grooves on it which was on all the ones I seen which I believe is from the mold, even the original non glittery Rainbow Dash that was sold at Hot Topic.

- elish22

Dear elish22,

Here are the rip with tape in upper left side of tear....compared to picture I bought the pic didnt have this.

- sweetklementine77

Dear sweetklementine77,

I am afraid all I can say is that it wasn't like that when it left me. There not a rip in the sticker when I sent it, so I am not sure what else to day about it. I took a picture of that pony to list, I take all my pictures individually because of the potential of variations in paint, etc. I am willing to refund a couple dollars for it, or you are able to return it if you are not satisfied with it.

Thank you,

- elish22

Dear elish22,

It's didnt start out a selling point for me so I wouldn't have brought it up other than it did come out of box like this and it has been repaired the pix I sent are how it came to me. So I just have to clear it up cuz i dont like my reputation at risk. it did come out of box just as I sent pix. It was not pictured in photo. So idk if u think I'm making it up but the post office wouldn't open the box rip it then tape it up? And either did I. So idk what u think is fair but not as described in photo n buying something from comic con was a real cool perk and the more anticipation to get one was selling point. Value is already lowered with box corners n sticker doctored up. Tape is on it and tiny surface scratches like someone used there nail to restick it in that corner. U saw the pix. Like I said before from pony to pony lover I wouldn't complain but it's not as pictured n damaged bottom line.
Ty
K

- sweetklementine77

Dear sweetklementine77,

I am not saying you did anything. I have left you positive feedback already, because issues later or not, you were a good buyer. I am not sure what happened with the sticker, but I am willing to refund $5 for the issue as I do not have another one to exchange. I also offer 14 day money back for returns. So which ever you would like. :) I am sorry about the sticker, but I am afraid I do not know what happened with the sticker. I am rather honest and have 100% feedback on eBay, the MLParena and the MLP trading post. I would like to resolve it, so just let me know what you would like.

Thank you,

- elish22

Dear elish22,

I'm not sure either it seems no one wants to take accountability for making honest mistake; but it is policy to send pictured one unless stated. I totaled my car n have sprained neck so returning it wouldn't be practical for me. And I don't like leaving feedback that is less than 5****
Idk it seems I've met alot of nice people on trading post etc...would u refund me including shipping it back? Otherwise I may use smaller box?
Ty
K

- sweetklementine77

Dear sweetklementine77,

I understand. I am trying to be accountable and am willing to refund some of your purchase price for it. I may not know what happened, but I am trying to appease. I am also willing to accept a return. Let me ask this, what would you like in order for this to be right?

- elish22

That is the way it is going so far....so umm help?

******************UPDATE******************
So I got Rainbow Dash back, with a lovely ding in the top left of the box and the sticker issue, refunded her money and moved on....but....

forgot to add her to my block list....just sold a bunch of lovely g3 ponies, and it turns out....she bid and won on a bunch....7 listings she won...she emailed me a bunch of weird questions again too, and then I got this in my inbox...

"Dear elish22,

Hello
I didn't expect to pay as much for that many. I also thought I let myself get outbid on rainbow dash n scootaloo. I wonder if u can do a second chance offer on them? can I cancel cotton candy n pinkie pie? I do have her n dash n didn't know it was gift recently.
I hate to be too troublesome but u seemed willing to cancel in description? The bouquet one I thought was flat cutey mark? It looks 3D which is cool but really didnt have as much Paypal funds as I thought,

I really want sunset sweetie, sunshimmer, dream drifter pony.... to keep cost lower. I want to honor my bids but also if u can't get second chance offer on some I'd feel better knowing they will still sell for u-
I'm sorry I'm indecisive but thought I had eBay bucks n they took PayPal fees n I just gotta think if I can do all, I thought it only cost 4-5$ ship?
Ty

- sweetklementine77"

She then paid for the whole lot....now I am worried about another potential "return" from her....I have not responded because I feel that I may come off as rude, because I am kind of annoyed...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:43:41 AM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Buyer help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
Sounds like they just want you to take a ton of money off.  More than the damage really warrants.  I'd push for the return of the item and money back.  You'll lose less that way, then if they continue trying to bully you into giving it to them for nothing.  You offered them a partial to cover the damage in transit.  They refused.  There isn't much more you can do. 

I do not agree with people just assuming they can get huge partial discounts, especially when the situation is shady or the person isn't willing to compromise.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 05:42:30 PM »
Oh my!! She's not giving up on blaming you, is she? She has mentioned feedback in her emails, isn't that a no no? Insist she sends it back for a refund, from the way she acted kinda clueless at the start, only to know exactly what she's talking about by the end, makes me think she's out to get what she can.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »
Oh my, that is terribly painful to even read.

You can report her for mentioning feedback in the conversations, or threatening to leave poor feedback.

I concur, the best option is to push for her to return it for a refund. You are not obligated to give her a partial refund, for any reason.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
Woah, I think I have a headache after reading that. Those emails sound so fishy :huh: I would just stick to asking her to return it. Even if she opens a case on ebay, that's what she'll have to do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
You can report her for mentioning feedback in the conversations, or threatening to leave poor feedback.

It's feedback extortion.  Basically using feedback to pressure someone into doing what you want that is against their best interest.  If she leaves you neg they should remove it. :)

Do NOT pay return shipping for them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:41:11 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
Yeah I definitely have a headache from trying to make sense of that girls messages to you. I would report her, she does mention feedback and star ratings, she's asking for way too much over something so small. And then it's like she's tossing in a guilt trip to go along with it.
Accept the return, or just refund $5 for the little mmishap and if she leaves you anything less than a positive, report her for feedback extortion.
That's what I would do, it's such a little thing.

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:11 AM »
At this point I think all you can do is say "return it and I'll give you your money back as per eBay policy". If she leaves a neg, those emails should easily be enough to have it removed.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 05:08:08 AM »
I would tell her to return it for a full refund. End.of.Story.  If she happens to open a case, ebay will have her return it, sprained ankle, neck, wrist whatever. It is not your problem that she can not make it to the PO. Ebay also will not force a partial refund or force you to pay return shipping. 

As far as feedback being mentioned, everyone is correct, you can report her for feedback extortion. The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into a refund or replacement of an item.

Honestly, I can't tell you what her intentions are but going by her emails, I would be a bit suspicious.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 05:37:21 AM »
Yeah that is what I was thinking.  It just kept getting weirder. I could barely understand her emails at first. And she kept talking about her rep which I kept thinking, this is not about your rep....kind of weird.
elish22 | eBay

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »
Holy cow!  Does she write e-mails that way on purpose so they're difficult to understand?  Very weird situation, sorry you're dealing with this.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
Wow thats a lot of confusing emails! :blink:  I think you've  tried hard to work things out amicably with this person - you've offered her solutions and she still doesnt seem happy so there isnt much else you can do :(  You have some great advice already in this thread and so I cant add anything else to it other than to hope that you dont have to deal with this buyer for much longer :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »
Update: So she is going to return it because the now ripped sticker "Devalues the pony" too much. Oh well. Will have to relist her, but glad that I do not have anything more to worry about on it....
elish22 | eBay

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »
Update: So she is going to return it because the now ripped sticker "Devalues the pony" too much. Oh well. Will have to relist her, but glad that I do not have anything more to worry about on it....

I thought she wasn't worried about the ripped sticker in the first place?  Or maybe I misread/misunderstood (gee, how on earth could THAT happen lol). 

I'm glad you can wash your hands of the problem.  This buyer sounds like a mess.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 03:19:16 AM »
Well thank goodness that's (almost) over.

Let us know when she arrives back!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal