collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o
« on: May 25, 2013, 10:19:59 AM »
Hello everypony. I really don't know what category this belonged in its not a problem, its not bragging, and I'm pretty sure its not off topic ...its dealing with ponies. Its just...  :lookround: random. And I wanna know peoples' opinions.
Anyways as the topic implies, my G3 and G4 ponies sleep in the bed with me, near the foot of my bed, nowhere near my head (so I won't poke out my eye if I were to turn my head over XD) .
I also take my ponies to school with me, I'm in 11th grade (fixing to be a 12th grader) and I'm usually taking 4-8 ponies to school with me per day :/
People of the arena, am I weird for letting my ponies sleep in the bed with me and taking em to high school?  :blush:
Keep in I'm talking about the hard plastic ponies.  :blink:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »
Well, I'm almost thirty and have a polar fleece pony blanket that I made.  It stays on my bed with me in the colder months (or 70% of the year!) and my husband tolerates it.  Does that count?  It's super cute!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »
ehh, as long as they make you happy and it isn't hurting anyone or yourself... Then I say go for it :)

I'm in my early 20's and working on a G4 pony quilt right now just for fun.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
EDIT: Just want to say, I don't want to freak anyone out/upset them, these are just some of my worries/concerns, if you don't want to read them, please stop reading here, and don't read the rest of my post. If you don't like what I am worried about, please just ignore me! :heart:

And I wouldn't say it was weird, I think it's fine, just a few less to school maybe?  ^.^

The school thing I can understand, taking one would be understandable, but that many? That just seems silly, and a waste of space that should be used for books and equipment! As for the end of your bed, hmm, I don't know, if it makes you happy, then fine! It's not something I would want, I would rather have soft toys, why don't you put them on display instead? It just seems better, and besides, not to be all preacher, but we still haven't had any definite tests on whether pony paint/plastic contains lead, which if you have read about, causes bodily problems/or can cause it. (Please no-one flame me, just using my biology lessons to explain that lead can be dangerous if too much is around) I do appreciate even if ponies did contain it, it would be a very small amount, but having lots of them around might be worse, we don't know, so I'm not preaching it. Plastics release hormones too, and that can obviously affect a person's well being and their hormone levels, meaning major mood changes/anxiety. As for lead in the paint, for residential, they stopped putting lead in paint in 1976, but this wasn't industrial, so who knows if Hasbro used it for ponies, although I highly doubt it, but I did research lead effects, and this is what came up:

• Increased chance of illness during pregnancy.
• Harm to a fetus, including brain damage or death.
• Fertility problems (in men and women).
• High blood pressure.
• Digestive problems.
• Nerve disorders.
• Memory and concentration problems.
• Muscle and joint pain.

Also typing in 'Lead paint in my little pony' brought this article up, and there was an mlparena one, but it was on the old forum and I cannot access it anymore:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081130083123AAv3YDu
Also saw this direct article:
http://guide.thesoftlanding.com/newsletter/issue-12-pvc-in-christmas-toys-and-toxic-toys-r-us/

Just wanted to mention it, since I know it may not be confirmed, but I always take it into account, and keep my ponies behind glass (although I handle them every day! XD)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:51:56 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
The school thing I can understand, taking one would be understandable, but that many? That just seems silly, and a waste of space that should be used for books and equipment! As for the end of your bed, hmm, I don't know. It's not something I would want, I would rather have soft toys, why don't you put them on display instead? It just seems better, and besides, not to be all preacher, but we still haven't had any definite tests on whether pony paint/plastic contains lead, which if you have read about, causes bodily problems/or can cause it. (Please no-one flame me, just using my biology lessons to explain that lead can be dangerous if too much is around) I do appreciate even if ponies did contain it, it would be a very small amount, but having lots of them around might be worse, we don't know, so I'm not preaching it. Plastics release hormones too, and that can obviously affect a person's well being and their hormone levels, meaning major mood changes/anxiety. I researched lead effects, and this is what came up:

• High blood pressure.
• Digestive problems.
• Nerve disorders.
• Muscle and joint pain.

Also typing in 'Lead paint in my little pony' brought this article up, and there was an mlparena one, but it was on the old forum and I cannot access it anymore:

Just wanted to mention it, since I know it may not be confirmed, but I always take it into account, and keep my ponies behind glass (although I handle them every day! XD)

Reading this made me scared.  :blink: I have a lot of ponies in my bed room, could it affect me? Or is it only if you thouch them a lot?
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
Errr, I'd say taking that many to school is a bit overkill. Maybe stick to one? I sometimes slip a blind bag pony into my pocket before I go to work, as a good luck charm, but 4-8 is a bit much.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
The school thing I can understand, taking one would be understandable, but that many? That just seems silly, and a waste of space that should be used for books and equipment! As for the end of your bed, hmm, I don't know. It's not something I would want, I would rather have soft toys, why don't you put them on display instead? It just seems better, and besides, not to be all preacher, but we still haven't had any definite tests on whether pony paint/plastic contains lead, which if you have read about, causes bodily problems/or can cause it. (Please no-one flame me, just using my biology lessons to explain that lead can be dangerous if too much is around) I do appreciate even if ponies did contain it, it would be a very small amount, but having lots of them around might be worse, we don't know, so I'm not preaching it. Plastics release hormones too, and that can obviously affect a person's well being and their hormone levels, meaning major mood changes/anxiety. I researched lead effects, and this is what came up:

• High blood pressure.
• Digestive problems.
• Nerve disorders.
• Muscle and joint pain.

Reading this made me scared.  :blink: I have a lot of ponies in my bed room, could it affect me? Or is it only if you thouch them a lot?

Hi, I'm not really sure, as I said, I think you'd have to sit there for hours sniffing them, and it isn't confirmed, so I don't want to get anyone's backs up. I know it's a delicate subject. The hormones in plastics thing has been confirmed,(not necessarily with ponies, just plastics in general, if you research hormones in plastics), so I don't know. I hear horror stories from my doctor about mothers drinking water polluted by hormones from plastic bottles etc, and the babies having the wrong genitals (this is a genuine story, my GP told me, and they were very adamant that they thought plastic could have caused it, of course, not entirely proven, but researched extensively!)

Sandi, I really wouldn't worry, I too have tonnes around me, but I am always aware of it. I might research a little more, and if I can help, I'll PM you some ideas and things I find, (I'll try to get the non-scary ones!) x

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
I personally think it's cool that you do that, since the point of collecting ponies is to get in touch with your inner child. I've actually thought about taking a pony or two to bed with me, though I'm a violent sleeper and don't want to screw them up somehow, as I prefer to keep them nice and pretty on display. But no, I say good for you! I think it's fun to keep a pony or two with me in my purse or in my car when I go on long trips. They make excellent conversation pieces too! We all have different ways of enjoying our ponies, so I say that as long as you aren't hurting anybody, you are fine.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
Just wondering why you take ponies to high school with you? Are there other collectors there that you like to show with?

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
I think having plastic ponies in your bed probably isn't a good idea. Beds aren't a stable surface for ponies, so don't they just end up on the floor? falling that many times (if you bring them every night) will probably end up scratching paint and messing up their hair. I would suggest you put one on your bed stand or perhaps on a more stable part of your bed, like the frame.

As for the ponies at school, I would just stick to one or one blindbag. I actually have a plastic Squirtle toy I carry around in my pencil case, but its as big as a quarter. I feel like you might take a bit too many, so your back-pack is probably uber stuffed and heavier than it needs to be.

Oh, and we're in the same grade! yay! :D

shadowdreamer

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
I always keep a few blind bag ponies with me where ever I go..I have graduation tonight from high school and I was very tempted to make a pocket inside my dress so I can keep fluttershy with me..because she is like my good luck charm. I am also sleep with my ponies,but not really my hard ones, I sleep with my pony stuffed animals. So no you are not weird. :)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »
I always keep a few blind bag ponies with me where ever I go..I have graduation tonight from high school and I was very tempted to make a pocket inside my dress so I can keep fluttershy with me..because she is like my good luck charm. I am also sleep with my ponies,but not really my hard ones, I sleep with my pony stuffed animals. So no you are not weird. :)
I could make a necklace for you if you like! I have some extra Flutters.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
To be honest.... I have all my funrise plushies on my bed and no matter what my husband says, they arnt leaving that spot! I was cuddling the stuffing out of Rainbow Dash the night before my wisdom tooth surgery LOLOL! :sheepish: I also have my extra sweetie belle brushie around close to me either in my purse or next to the couch ya know, just to brush if I get stressed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:28:25 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
Well, i keep some pony plushes on the bed but never actual toys. That doesn't seem very handy/comfortable to me.
I also hardly ever take ponies with me. Mostly because i fear damaging them and i wouldn't dare to take them out anyways. Maybe when i go on a trip i will take a blindbag pony with me or something. Something small that doesn't get damaged easily.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
EDIT: Just want to say, I don't want to freak anyone out/upset them, these are just some of my worries/concerns, if you don't want to read them, please stop reading here, and don't read the rest of my post. If you don't like what I am worried about, please just ignore me! :heart:

And I wouldn't say it was weird, I think it's fine, just a few less to school maybe?  ^.^

The school thing I can understand, taking one would be understandable, but that many? That just seems silly, and a waste of space that should be used for books and equipment! As for the end of your bed, hmm, I don't know, if it makes you happy, then fine! It's not something I would want, I would rather have soft toys, why don't you put them on display instead? It just seems better, and besides, not to be all preacher, but we still haven't had any definite tests on whether pony paint/plastic contains lead, which if you have read about, causes bodily problems/or can cause it. (Please no-one flame me, just using my biology lessons to explain that lead can be dangerous if too much is around) I do appreciate even if ponies did contain it, it would be a very small amount, but having lots of them around might be worse, we don't know, so I'm not preaching it. Plastics release hormones too, and that can obviously affect a person's well being and their hormone levels, meaning major mood changes/anxiety. As for lead in the paint, for residential, they stopped putting lead in paint in 1976, but this wasn't industrial, so who knows if Hasbro used it for ponies, although I highly doubt it, but I did research lead effects, and this is what came up:

• High blood pressure.
• Digestive problems.
• Nerve disorders.
• Muscle and joint pain.

Also saw this direct article:
http://guide.thesoftlanding.com/newsletter/issue-12-pvc-in-christmas-toys-and-toxic-toys-r-us/

Oh my goodness! I had no idea plastics have that kind of effect!  I hope my husband doesnt find out, he is sweet but might blame ponies if I get moody, if we  ever want a kid or expecting (thankfully not anytime soon) he would want to remove my ponies. Thats not him being mean, just looking out for our health. I have a lot around and a castle just sitting in our bedroom. This is a silly question....but are the new mlp toys BPA free? :S
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:44:08 PM by Lightning Twirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal