collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Offer more and more to get a pony that is not for sale ??!!  (Read 5108 times)

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Offer more and more to get a pony that is not for sale ??!!
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »
I just hate when people contact me to buy something I'm not selling... I received another pm today from someone who already contacted me once to buy my french suntie. Price is growing, even if I said it was not for sale... it is so harassing !! Of course I need money, everyone do, BUT I know I'll regret it forever if I ever sell her.
A friend of mine sold a pony like this, once she received an offer she was unable to refuse. And now she is desperate because she knows she won't be able to have it anymore.
What do people think ? everything is for sale ? Offer more and more and the person will give up... I don't want people think they can influence my choices with money, I don't even want to have to think about it because the offer is high. It's a matter of conscience I don't want to be put in by someone I even don't know !
So I changed my sign, but I'm not sure it will prevent me from receiving those kind of pm...

Is it something that already happened to you ? How did you react ? How did it make you feel ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:42:19 AM by ponindepedenza! »

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Offer more and more to get a pony that is not for sale ??!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »
that suntie is gorgeous, i think i would never let her go too! :D i had such a case once, it was many years ago when i discovered one of the first italian white lemondrops. i sold her for 800 US$ and now i am desperatly looking to get one again :(
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:09:00 AM »
:| that's never happened to me, but I only have a few ponies that people would really want. I actually see that as harassment in a way, if you said you weren't selling they should leave it at that.

I may sound harsh about this, but I say if they keep it up report them. Clearly your not selling your precious pony. ^.^ :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:20:16 AM »
I'm maybe harsh too, because I only answered to stop harassing me, because next time I'll report it.
It's difficult because it is a member here, and you never know, the personn is surely a kind person... but I just can't accept that someone contact me again and again trying to get something from me that I don't want to let go, and thinking that with the good amount of money I'll give up.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
I would be highly irritated and block them. If you block someone does that stop the pm's? Some people are just greedy and are in it for themselves. I do not think it is kind to sit and pm and bother someone about that stuff. If the time comes that they want to sell...well they will. That is what the sell forums are for.

I was actually thinking about this last night after reading the thread about the African ponies. Surely I would love one, but to imagine someone bothering again and again to sell irritates me. I'm glad you stood up to that and simply said no. People are used to getting what they want by throwing on a large price tag and not everything can be bought.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »
I would be highly irritated and block them. If you block someone does that stop the pm's? Some people are just greedy and are in it for themselves. I do not think it is kind to sit and pm and bother someone about that stuff. If the time comes that they want to sell...well they will. That is what the sell forums are for.

I was actually thinking about this last night after reading the thread about the African ponies. Surely I would love one, but to imagine someone bothering again and again to sell irritates me. I'm glad you stood up to that and simply said no. People are used to getting what they want by throwing on a large price tag and not everything can be bought.

This! ^_^

It seems to be comming a trend. :/
Oh and I have had it happen sort of. Someone asked me to sell my mimic that I got for my birthday. To the person - um, yeah no thanks ..
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »
Oh, that sounds really annoying. If a person says no, then you should not ask again, espesially if its not on sale and wasnt in the first place. Sorry to hear that.  :snow: That hasnt happened to me, but i would find it irritating too, if someone asked again and again.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 06:01:48 AM »
In some aspects I can understand... if it's their absolute grail, they'd regret it if they just didn't try, especially with a pony with that level of rarity. However, there is a fine line between persistance and harassment. Since you are absolutely NOT going to sell Suntie, they should accept it and stop asking. If in the unlikely case you do change your mind in the future, I'm sure you'd know to make a post about it here to draw attention to her sale ;)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »
Well, if you told them you did not wanted to sell, it's pretty rude if they're asking again... and again...
If someone says a pony/whatever is not for sale just show some respect, folks.

I don't think you are harsh, by the way. You seem to have been nice and clear in the beginning, if people don't know how to stop, this is what's coming. Don't feel bad.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:44:02 AM by hokuspokus »

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:46 AM »
I am really happy  ^.^ you did not make the same stupid error I have made Ponindependenza  :cry:
I have sold one of my preferred girls, ok at that time I was really in need of money  and I have accepted the offer which was really interesting BUT I am still thinking about my pony  >_< >_< >_<
So I understand 100% your point of view and now I know exactly I won't sell a pony I love a lot even for a big sum of money.
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »
:hug:

i am afraid this sort of thing does happen and it has happened to me also :(

all you can do is say the pony is not for sale and will not be for sale :hug:

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
I understand, it’s part of why I didn’t donate photos to the gallery, use rare stuff in my sig or why most collectors don’t know much about my collection (don’t make assumptions from the post count :) ) The best collection I ever saw (I would argue the best nirvana collection ever) was not known to the community. I know of several huge collections with people that have accounts here but don’t post much. A couple nirvana collectors, a utopian and one that had a factory find in the early 90's to name a few. None of these are really known to the community. There is a LOT more out there in the pony underground :)

As a note, I take ultra rare ponies to some events like Breyerfest, toy shows etc. and leave them out to see if anyone says anything. I’ve tossed them into trade bins when meeting people in person too. I have good stories :)

All said, I don’t mind the PM's that have good prices but I am annoyed when I get PM's from the same person over and over and I’m down right angry when I get one with a silly low price from someone that knows the true value. (I’ve had several offers from established community members offering $100-$200 USD for an African over the years) there is just no excuse for that, one even wrote a sad letter so I would feel bad. I will never sell to that person. Never.

Wow, so now I look like a real prick… oh well.

Feel better Ponindependenza! I’m sure the person that is sending you PM’s will see this and know they need to leave you alone.

~ Diana

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »
kasin ~ this makes me so sad for the collectors and the community, as imho both parties are losing out. i do understand that the community has changed a lot over the years and in many ways i will still be seen as a newbie ;)

the nirvana gallery is VERY important to me, it is a way of sharing very rare ponies with the community, as well as being one of the most complete picture nirvana resources on the internet :bigups: 

the idea that people might use the gallery to track people down to hound them for their ponies makes me very sad. it is not that sort of tool and was never indented for that, yet people always find a way to abuse things. this is partly why it is now all water makred. it also makes me sad to think there are ponies out there that people are reluctant to share and so therefore the community is missing out on knowledge.

while I will always credit the people who have donated a picture to the gallery, I am always willing to accept private donations ia PM or email with no name credited to the picture should people wish that.

back on topic: i am saddend also about the low balling, but again i have seen this happen along with the sob story :(

love pkw xxx

ETA ~ kasin like you i always take my SA pony or another special pony with me to ponycon :D i adore being able to share them and let people hold them, you get to learn so much more in real life than you do from a pictures o nthe internet, sunlight even has met other SA ponies that way too ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:10:32 PM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:19:15 PM »
This is part of the reason I'm hesitant to even post pics of my collection up for fear someone will see something and nag me. I had a similar thing happen on the old pony board where a person asked if I would trade my complete mail order littlest pet shop charm bracelet for some ponies. I politely said no thanks. They didn't ask anymore though, but I do understand the frustration. I'd love to have Glacia's white lickety split, but I sure ain't going to harass her to sale it to me (just using it as an example, glacia ;) )

edit: Kasin, I just want to say I LOVE your sig! That puppy is so cute!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:23:39 PM by plushroo »

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
It has happened to me also.. but I actually like to know if I ever do sell a pony who to contact because you never know when your going to need emergency money..

Ponies are just ponies after all so yes it is good to take a hint when the person is not willing to sell but I try also to not look a gift pony in the mouth if its a pony that maybe
one day i might need to part with. :)

I also understand your situation if its a pony that you would just never ever ever part with so I guess there are two sides to the coin :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:42:12 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal