collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer Bought Bait Ponies & Wants a Refund  (Read 4324 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer Bought Bait Ponies & Wants a Refund
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »
Sorry to sound like a jerk but given that they waited a month before even inspecting the package,  I would string them along with reiterating Ebay policy and stand strong as long as possible to avoid the return unless they paid by CC and you're sure to lose the money.  Also, that's what reading the description is for. 

I would call Ebay immediately and see what they can do to get the notes correct for your side of the case.  :( 

Thanks for warning us about this buyer though! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
I agree with lovesbabysquirmy  that  it might be worth giving ebay a call. Especially to see if you can get the defect removed that this return is going to create on your account. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
I've heard that on eBay's mobile app the item descriptions don't show up. I don't know if that's true . . . If so, it seems stupid.

Anyway, adding that buyer to my blocked bidder list.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 09:49:32 AM »
Like others have said, definitely contact eBay.  Your ad clearly point out the flaws in these ponies.  You have nothing to lose, only gain.  I am sorry your score is tarnished at this time.  This probably won't make any difference to you, but If I really like an item, a few bad reviews is not going to deter me from bidding for the very reason you stated-buyer error.  Good luck with your outcome.

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 09:51:55 AM

The other thing that I have seen sellers do is reply to the negative feedback.  So if people do go so far as to read the negative reviews, you can put in your two cents.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:51:55 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 11:22:13 AM »
I would say buyer remorse, too; they were the first bidder, so even if they bid again last second, I don't think they have any excuse for not reading the description!

I've heard that on eBay's mobile app the item descriptions don't show up. I don't know if that's true . . . If so, it seems stupid.

Anyway, adding that buyer to my blocked bidder list.

There's a listing for 'Item Description', and when you tap it, you see the full description.  I guess people were complaining about how some of the html ones were running up their data use or something like that?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:27:05 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Sorry to sound like a jerk but given that they waited a month before even inspecting the package,  I would string them along with reiterating Ebay policy and stand strong as long as possible to avoid the return unless they paid by CC and you're sure to lose the money.  Also, that's what reading the description is for. 

I would call Ebay immediately and see what they can do to get the notes correct for your side of the case.  :( 

Thanks for warning us about this buyer though! 

Theory:
I did a little bit of internet sleuthing earlier and I believe that I am dealing with the daughter of the actual account owner.  The name I shipped to was different from the registered account name.  Also, they don't normally buy ponies.  Their feedback history shows transactions from 6+ months ago and then suddenly three transactions (including mine) recently.  Selling history is from over a year ago includes electronics and a few articles of women's clothing.  Just a theory.

I'm not worried about the defect rate.  I'm basing everything on the new metrics that are being implemented in February.  I don't see that this would count against me.

I already agreed to issue a refund as long as they send the ponies back.  eBay, at this point, isn't able to do much.  If I had refused to issue a refund in the first place and waited for eBay to step in, then I could have explained my side to an eBay rep. 

I just wanted to share this transaction with everyone in case you want to add the buyer to your Blocked Bidders list.

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 03:33:24 PM

I did end up calling eBay just to get some clarification on the return policy.  I was wondering why was this person allowed to file a claim after my 14 day return period?

Apparently there's an option under return settings where I can automatically approve returns under $750.  The default option is to have this turned on, which it was.  The rep helped me turn it off.

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules?null

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 03:35:35 PM

Oh, and the rep also stated that they are investigating this as it is obviously buyer's remorse and the item was as described.  I didn't even have to ask - apparently they do that automatically?  Or...maybe she submitted the request for me?  At any rate, I feel better about eBay's policies at the moment ^.^
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:35:35 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 03:55:09 PM »
I'm so glad eBay is helping you out! I find that calling them is always the best option! And good to know about the default option. Going to find it and turn it off!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
Good for eBay! I can understand not understanding what "bait" means, but I opened that picture, and YIKES! I think it was a case of not reading the description/looking closely enough at the photo! Sorry you have to deal with this! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 03:32:36 AM »
I'm really glad that you called ebay and they are being helpful :bigups: . That is what I would have suggested too. This buyer is being ridiculous waiting for so long before opening the parcel -then complaining about something that is clearly listed as well as pictured
Please let us know how it goes. I hope that ebay doesn't let this buyer get away with it :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 02:55:47 PM »
Glad to hear it
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 05:25:26 PM »
I am so confused by eBay's return set up.  On one page it says that the buyer has been informed to send the ponies back to me by Jan 5th. 

On another page it's telling me I must send the buyer a label by 12/31.

On my listing it's saying buyer pays return shipping.

In an email eBay sent me it tells me that the seller pays return shipping.

I am just going to sit back and let the automatic process take place.  I mean, I was told by the eBay rep they were looking into it.  Worse case scenario is that I'm charged $2.35 and have to call eBay again.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 03:33:24 PM

I did end up calling eBay just to get some clarification on the return policy.  I was wondering why was this person allowed to file a claim after my 14 day return period?

Apparently there's an option under return settings where I can automatically approve returns under $750.  The default option is to have this turned on, which it was.  The rep helped me turn it off.

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules?null

Post Merge: December 28, 2015, 03:35:35 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this info about the default returns setting!! I recently had a buyer that initiated a return (non-pony) on an item received a month ago. The buyer eventually dropped the case before eBay stepped in to decide (there were lots of shady details in their communication). I just went to the return settings page and set my returns for items $0.01 or less. :P I figure if it's going to be a default setting, maybe the best thing to do would be set it as low as possible rather than take a chance on forgetting to turn it off each time, lol. Again, thank you so much for sharing this!! :hug:

I hope this buyer mess gets resolved as painlessly as possible.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 01:28:19 PM »
I'm dealing with this right now. Buyer purchased items then proceeds to list all the faults that were described and shown in photos. Plus the items is no longer in her hands, given as a gift. If it was so bad, why did she gift it. I have no idea what's happened to the pony since leaving her hands.

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »
I am guessing the buyer wasn't a collector and didn't know what 'bait' meant but you were clear about the condition. It's really not your fault at all.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:57 AM »
I'm dealing with this right now. Buyer purchased items then proceeds to list all the faults that were described and shown in photos. Plus the items is no longer in her hands, given as a gift. If it was so bad, why did she gift it. I have no idea what's happened to the pony since leaving her hands.

:blink: Is the buyer asking for a refund? how long ago did they buy your pony?  have they left you feedback? this sounds like a very dodgy buyer :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal