collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gah...no feedback from eBay buyers.  (Read 2279 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Gah...no feedback from eBay buyers.
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »
*mini rant*

I am so frustrated with eBay.  I have been selling on eBay for years and barely have any feedback as a seller (in comparison to how many auctions I've sold).  I currently have over 10 sold auctions within the past month, and none have feedback left for me.  >.<  I ship within 24 hours, and leave feedback for my buyers promptly.  All items are properly packed, shipped, and marked as received.  I am so super frustrated. 

Why do people never leave feedback?!

I am tempted to stop leaving feedback for my buyers until they leave feedback for me.  I mean seriously, it's getting ridiculous.  And checking the amount of feedback they've left for others...most are at 0.  :drunk:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:22:08 PM by cloud_weaver »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: Gah...no feedback from eBay buyers.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
I never leave feedback for buyers until they leave it for me.  Some people will tell me this is wrong, but I realised the buyers seem to have a bigger tendency to tell lies and make unfair complaints if you have already left them positive feedback.  Perhaps a lot of them don't realise that we actually couldn't leave them a negative even if we wanted to so are too scared to make false complaints otherwise?

Anyway, I also get very few feedbacks from buyers.  I sell maybe 70 or 80 items per month and probably only get 10 feedbacks back on average.  I thought it was because I didn't leave feedback for them first.  I guess buyers just can't be bothered with leaving feedback these days.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
People do that to me on Etsy all the time. I get convos where they rave about how pleased they are, but I have about 50% feedback. I do not think people realize how important it is. I also buy a lot on forums and feedback is hit or miss. If I pay for an item right away then don't I deserve feedback? I always leave and receive feedback on Ebay though.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:00:05 PM »
I never leave feedback for buyers until they leave it for me.  Some people will tell me this is wrong, but I realised the buyers seem to have a bigger tendency to tell lies and make unfair complaints if you have already left them positive feedback.  Perhaps a lot of them don't realise that we actually couldn't leave them a negative even if we wanted to so are too scared to make false complaints otherwise?

Anyway, I also get very few feedbacks from buyers.  I sell maybe 70 or 80 items per month and probably only get 10 feedbacks back on average.  I thought it was because I didn't leave feedback for them first.  I guess buyers just can't be bothered with leaving feedback these days.

This. I don't leave feedback until it's left for me and probably only 50% or less of my buyers are bothered to leave feedback. Speaking of which, I leave feedback right away for my sellers when I buy something as well and probably only half of the sellers bother to leave feedback either. I tend not to buy from them again.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 07:06:37 PM »
I always try to leave feedback for the people I buy from as soon as I get my item and I've made sure it's as described and I'm happy with the item. One time I went to Ebay to leave feedback for my seller and I couldn't because the auction link was gone from My Ebay. I bought something last week on Ebay, and left the seller feedback a day or two after the item arrived. They haven't left feedback for me yet. I bought another item yesterday and the seller has already left me positive feedback.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:56:40 PM »
I don't buy from eBay very often (I just bought something today but I think the last time I bought something was 2 or 3 years ago) but I always try to leave feedback as soon as I receive my item.  It would be nice if there was official etiquette that states that it is the seller's responsibility to leave feedback as soon as the money is received and the buyer's responsibility to leave it as soon as the item is received.  Exceptions would be if there were issues with the transaction that needed to be resolved before feedback could be left, of course.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:32 PM »
I know feedback is a huge deal on ebay. So I take the time to leave feedback as a buyer. So far I haven't had any problems in that area that i know of yet.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:25 PM »
I always make sure to leave feedback within a day of getting my items.. What is with these buyers?
should be perma-moderated

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:51:56 AM »
I think because the feedback system is so flawed on ebay people just dont bother with. I really see how fustrating it is thou, i personally leave feedback but i tend to do it monthly rather than when i recieve an item

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:19 AM »
I know what you mean! I used to get loads of feedback from my buyers (I also ship within 24 hours, pack everything super securely, send with tracking etc, and I even gift wrap the items and make everything look special.. not to mention adding a hand written thank you card and sometimes  I write out instructions so that the buyer knows how to use the item (when it's needed - example - singing Disney store dolls have an on/off switch - DS didn't put anything on the box or inside to tell buyers so a lot got frustrated thinking they would have to remove batteries to make the doll stop singing). I always tell the person when the item is shipped and give the tracking number... and like you I think only half..if not less.. maybe even a third ...of my buyers  bother to leave feedback. It's a similar story with my sellers even though I pay right away and let them know as soon as the item arrives/leave feedabck *siiiigh* :(

Like Lancer I don't leave feedback (when I'm the seller) until I know that the buyer has received the item (I check) and that they are happy with it - they need to let me know this either by leaving me feedback or by sending me a message through ebay - then I leave feedback. I used to leave it as soon as they paid but I had a run in with a few people who tried to scam me and I'd already left good feedback, so its a no no these days :awake:
As a buyer I always leave feedback as soon as I have the item (and I'm happy with it). It drives me crazy when people just cant be bothered :drunk:

This subject has reminded me that I need to leave feedback for someone on Etsy though  :blush:  I told them I was happy with the items etc but it wouldn't let me leave feedback until a certain date (which was some time after my items arrived!) so I forgot!  :facepalm:  going to sort that now!  thanks for the reminder  about Etsy! :hug:  :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »
People do that to me on Etsy all the time. I get convos where they rave about how pleased they are, but I have about 50% feedback. I do not think people realize how important it is. 

Ugh, THIS.  My shop is new and needs the feedback but even the people who convo me to talk about how awesome their item is don't bother leaving any!

On ebay I tend to leave feedback on large batches all at once.  It's just easier for me to log in every once in a while to do it than to log in all the time to leave a single feedback.  My husband, as a seller, leaves feedback for his buyers as soon as they pay. 

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 07:13:25 AM »
I always leave feedback on eBay (and any other site where I buy things from an individual seller) and it takes less than 30 seconds, so surely these people are just being lazy?  I always feel bad when I have to message a person to get them to leave me feedback if I've sold them something, but I feel like it's not that hard to do it on your own.

It's one thing to forget, but it's pretty obvious when you get someone who just doesn't seem to leave feedback for anyone ever.

I totally feel your pain!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
Yeah- on ebay these days I only get about one feedback for every 10 things sold (if that)-  even from Arena members! Lol   Even when they have taken time to email or message me to say how happy they are- it does boggle the mind...

I will say that for Etsy- leaving feedback is trickier- they don't let you leave feedback until a certain amount of time has passed (no idea why) and it is actually somewhat tricky to find  :huh:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
I will say that for Etsy- leaving feedback is trickier- they don't let you leave feedback until a certain amount of time has passed (no idea why) and it is actually somewhat tricky to find  :huh:

I have the Etsy app on my phone and what I love about it is that I'll get a notification to leave feedback for any purchases I made after whatever certain amount of time passes.  It can definitely be a little hard to find out where to leave it using the website, so I at least like having that.

And I like sites like Storenvy that will send you an email reminder after you get your order to leave feedback.   As much as I haaaaaate the emails from eBay that I can't opt out of, it would be nice if they sent people feedback reminders, maybe once a week.  Group all the items they haven't left feedback for and give them a little nudge.
Instagram / Want List

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 09:12:14 AM »
It would be nice if there was official etiquette that states that it is the seller's responsibility to leave feedback as soon as the money is received.

I completely disagree! There are too many buyers willing to scam their sellers by claiming their item is not as described and trying to either get the item for free and or a discount and if a seller has already left feedback they have no recourse on eBay. EBay will automatically side with the buyer.

See this thread to see what I'm talking about: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,368997.0.html

I referenced the wrong one earlier, sorry, it's not as easy to reply on my phone.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:43:55 PM by bluerose9978 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal