collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer moved house/gave old address - ebay refunded her in full! (Buyer named)  (Read 1477 times)

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
So sorry to hear about this.  The buyer should have had a forwarding address kept at the post office if they moved recently.  If not, shame on the buyer for not updating after all this time.  It would have been less hassle to contact their post office and sort it out rather than drag you into this with ebay.

Offline melon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Oh man, you are definitely not at fault here. I really hope eBay will be able to resolve this for you!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
I agree, I'd try Paypal since you can technically prove it's at a post office. It's not your fault they didn't change addresses. That really Sucks and poor form on the buyer! Thanks for sharing there ebay name, going on blocked list! They are dishonest for even opening a case when they can see you clearing shipped it. And of course this isn't new behavior for ebay, they seem to be getting worse and worse. If/when the package makes it back to you, then I wouldn't reship to the buyer but consider my transaction with them cancelled. Let them find the pony from someone else. Good luck with everything and I don't think you did anything wrong at all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's not your fault that the buyer didn't change the address.

When I moved a couple of years ago I thought I updated my address on everything. One day I bought something on Ebay and didn't realize until after I bought it that Ebay still was using my old address.  I think my address was correct with Paypal though. When I realized that I sent the seller a really nice message telling them that I had moved recently and had somehow overlooked updating the address there. The seller was really nice and said she had the right address from Paypal and shipped my item to the new address.

I wouldn't have blamed the seller for shipping it to the wrong address at all because I forgot to update it.  It's not your fault that the buyer didn't update their address or let you know they had moved until after you shipped the pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
if you need any german translation help, just drop me a line.

ebay has changed so much the last years *sigh*

I had a similar thing too once - not nice.

xx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness what an annoying frustrating situation! Ebay just keeps getting worse! how can they possibly side with the buyer over this when its clearly her own fault?! :crazy:  :yikes:

I agree, I'd try Paypal since you can technically prove it's at a post office. It's not your fault they didn't change addresses. That really Sucks and poor form on the buyer! Thanks for sharing there ebay name, going on blocked list! They are dishonest for even opening a case when they can see you clearing shipped it. And of course this isn't new behavior for ebay, they seem to be getting worse and worse. If/when the package makes it back to you, then I wouldn't reship to the buyer but consider my transaction with them cancelled. Let them find the pony from someone else. Good luck with everything and I don't think you did anything wrong at all!

I'd agree with this advice ^^ Ebay arent likely to do anything else to help you out at this point , but it wont hurt to try Paypal as well. Also I dont think I'd want to deal with this buyer again either. There's no way the pony would have arrived back in the UK within a week - you'd be fortunate if it was 3 weeks! opening and escalating a case on you was not fair when the buyer had made the mistake of first not updating her addresss and second not going to the PO to collect the pony which had been delivered to her old address (or arranging for someone to collect it or for it to be forwarded to her new address if the distance was too far to collect), and then she has got her money back and is expecting the pony to be sent back to you and then for you to resend it again??!! er no.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Ebay still denied my appeal and said I should ask the buyer nicely if they will pay me the out of pocket costs of posting the item since it is their fault. yes, I really think now you've refunded her she'll give me the money back again (esp considering she was the one who elected to escalate the claim).  Likely.

For this reason I've decided to name her and highly recommend anyone selling MLP block her quickly before you are forced to pay to ship stuff to her for free.

katinka_1980

Thanks for all the help and advice, too bad Ebay just don't really like sellers (even though we are the ones paying their fees!!)

- Gaspode

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
You actually already named her in this post and that is how I already blocked her ;)  But it's good you made it more noticeable. That seriously sucks! When you get the pony back, maybe let her know but tell her shipping will be higher this time to cover your loss due to Her mistake. But I wouldn't personally do business with her.

Did you try Palpal?

Sadly it isn't that different people saw it.  The buyer never updated the address nor provided me with new address and ebay acknowledge that the buyer gave me the wrong address.  I'll copy what ebay said as I can't believe it to be honest!

"You shipped the My Little Pony toy to your buyer "katinka_1980" however, because of the fact that your buyer had sent you a wrong shipping address, the item was sent back to you (Gaspode note: Incorrect - it is still in Germany waiting at post office for buyer to collect which they haven't bothered to try and do)

. Allow me to assist you with this.

I have reviewed the claim and noticed that we had closed the claim in your buyer's favour, because he is not in possession of the item, which is on the way back to you. The item should be delivered to you shortly.  (Gaspode note - If I'm lucky it'll come back but no guarantees and I'm still out the postage through no fault of my own)

We would like to ask you for your understanding that in this particular situation we are forced to deny your appeal."

They then gave me a link to German ebay which they said would explain about why its my responsibility. I dont' read German so used Google Translate which isn't very helpful and it seems that the link is nothing about responsibility.

They then say "If the package was insured you should be able to receive your money back from the delivery company."

erm, nope I don't think they will give me my money back when its not the postage company fault the address was wrong....

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update!  I have updated my Bad Trader List now...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
Did you ever try talking to PayPal? They tend to care more.

If you manage to get the pony back, I certianly wouldn't sell it to her again, I would just block her and try again. If you can leave her negative feedback/comments, if you've already left her feedback you can go back and leave a comment on your feedback about it.
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Ugh! This is horrible!  Moreso, on ebay's part, but the member is going on my blocked list too. For all we know, this could be something they do frequently since there's nothing to stop them from picking up the item at the post office at some point. 

Talking to Paypal might be a good idea.  I would also get an official answer from the post office about the insurance.  It can't hurt to ask.  If they deny it, then I would post all this information on the ebay community board, as a warning for other sellers. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal