collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Real takara baby guide (How to tell if you have a fakie)  (Read 15915 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Real takara baby guide (How to tell if you have a fakie)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
Awesome guide!! I love these little guys!
  For me it's much, much simpler to evaluate whether or not they are genuine: If I owns it it's a fakie! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46:37 AM »
So here is my fakie. She has nailpolish on her  >_< But at least she is not as droopy headed as the others:

The hairlines on her forehead are weird. Other than the hair that is actually there, I can see markings for where the hair should have been. I tried to take pictures of it but it doesn't show up well, I had to pull up the contrast to make it visible at all. I ended up editing in white dots to show where the lines go.

To me these lines made me think of palau(?) fakies I have seen, they had hair like that. Which is confusing as the body part has traces of the takara stamp.
My fakie has a palau type mold head on a takara mold body?  :lol:

Or do your real takara babies have hairlines like that too?  :)

She is missing her tail but you can tell there used to be one. There are plug holes and they look a little messed up like hair has been pulled out from there.
There is only one row of plugs. Just above the plug row there are scratches in the mold like something was removed or changed.
Again it didn't show up well so I edited in dots to show it:

Her height is 5.9 cms (just under two and a half inches?)

-

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »

just wanted to add...
these are AWESOme:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,286938.0.html
check it out!!  :worshippy:
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »
Thank you for posting these, wonderful pics of such cute babies! 
You wouldn't happen to have in WIP pics of the rubber band removal at all? My girl has what looks like orange glue residue in her hair which I am currently trying to get out, but now that you mention it - might be decayed rubber band.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
Juri - Yeah, that orangeness is from the decayed rubberband. My Milky and Fuwa have it too. (sigh) It was much worse in the babies. It is less noticeable when I combed out and washed their hair multiple times. I don't know if it was because I washed their hair and untangled it from that brown mess, or if it is because the product I used helped. Either way, I have many more plans to try and try again, although I am sure it is stained. --- and to answer your question in the other thread, no pictures yet, it is certainly on my to-do list though. @__@;

tootie_tails- those ones are my favorite, and the most common. I have my suspicion of what company made them, but I'm not too entirely sure. I even think those ones were the ones that were distributed in little eggs. :( But unfortunately that information is more dependent on stories from people who remember buying takara fakies first hand.
But it is often they do have the guidelines for rooting the hair. (nicely painted eyes, two dots in the hair, can have a tail or not, T shape neck if you pop the head off....) Most common colors Blue with yellow hair ; Pink with blue hair.
And it is often you can see traces of takara on those ones. And sometimes not. The head is not Palau. It would be much larger, and would have messy eyes and one dot, and thicker/uneven rooted hair. Also, it would not have the guidelines for the bang-- palau's have one or two rows in a straight line slightly above the ears. Not curved.

I think that covers it @__@~

Feel free to ask any more questions~

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »
Juri - Yeah, that orangeness is from the decayed rubberband. My Milky and Fuwa have it too. (sigh)  I don't know if it was because I washed their hair and untangled it from that brown mess, or if it is because the product I used helped. Either way, I have many more plans to try and try again, although I am sure it is stained.

I have managed to get the 'solid' bits mostly out of my milky, but I think the stain is here to stay too :(  I used Goof off and it helped a lot with the residue.  If you find anything to help the stain please let me know! any tips welcome :)

I also am finding that milky has very stiff hair, not so visible on display.. but not very helpful when trying to remove the orange stuff - so worried about causing damage O_o

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
That orange discoloration, is it sticky or just a discoloration in the hair?
If it is discoloration having gone actually in to the plastic, then I think sunfading is the only thing that might help.
That would require extreme caution though, especially on pink hair, as the sun could fade the original color as well.
-

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »
I've always wondered about these, but know very little about them.  Thank you for sharing all of the info!!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »
This may be an odd question, but were any of the fakies known to come with clothes, I have one on the way to me that has a hat, which the seller stated was original to the toy. It's like a little Orange striped night cap ;p

Just curious! I'm lovin' this thread. :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »

Juri - I do have one picture. I haven't really tried to clean it off yet. My first step was to remove the hard rubberband residue for this specific thread. I wanted to make them somewhat presentable. I was going to tackle the staining later, when I can work with some product outside... (It's still winter).

But their hair is soft. (Not silky soft like a brand new pony, but very soft for it's age). So I feel a bit safe testing a few products.

(It's actually not as bad as it was originslly. I found it hard to see it in dim lighting. A bit easier to see in natural light. And Lily has some shiny hair, and it shows up more in the picture than in real life)

Tootie_tail- it wasn't sticky. It was just hard. :O sunfading scares me. My popo has not seen any sun ever. Her hair is quite vibrant pink.

MissSleepless- I do believe I know which one you are speaking of (I thought it was super cute!). I don't really think it's original to the pony... otherwise I think we would of seen a lot more of them. (I tend to group the ones with nice eyes with two dots, common colors into one group). But there is no way for sure, so I can't give a definite no.

Although now that I think about it, some of the fakies did come with accessories. I should add that! :) There is a little bow clip, bottle, and comb. And some of the little Palau's came with a clear cage container. *^_^* Note to self, edit first post with update. I'll show a comparison too.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

MissSleepless- I do believe I know which one you are speaking of (I thought it was super cute!). I don't really think it's original to the pony... otherwise I think we would of seen a lot more of them. (I tend to group the ones with nice eyes with two dots, common colors into one group). But there is no way for sure, so I can't give a definite no.

Although now that I think about it, some of the fakies did come with accessories. I should add that! :) There is a little bow clip, bottle, and comb. And some of the little Palau's came with a clear cage container. *^_^* Note to self, edit first post with update. I'll show a comparison too.

Thanks bandit! I read bow clip as bowtie for some reason, and now I have to make one for my little chap when he gets here. xD

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
I actually have a question. Banditpony. What products are you going to use outdoors?
Just my own curiousity talking.

Also did your lovely fuwafuwa come with a catalogue. My Sara did not sadly and I am just starting to keep track of catalogues made for this line.

*hugs*
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »
That was helpfull.  Thanks Banditpony!  The real ones are really cute.  I better not fall for them, because they are WAY too rare!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »
I always thought it was glue that Fuwafuwa had in her pigtails. Never considered that rubberbands would turn into something like that. It made sense for her to have it to keep the pigtails in place so kids could easily switch hair bands, but it's too bad other have it as well! Atleast you seem to have been able to wash off most of it very well, banditpony! =)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »
a few of mine do not have it but it seems the early osharena ponies (original milky and pinky) both had rubberbands in their hair to keep their hair in place when they were sold. My pinky's rubberbands were immediately removable..  They were still usable rubber bands so I was able to remove without damage. HOwever i am thinking the original milky's (light pink hair (which is not silky like pinky) seem to absorb the rubber somewhat. That is my theory :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:23:19 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal