collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: LEE Selsmark (lilbrowndog) AVOID ALTOGETHER! POSITIVE (Sort of!) Update  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
It is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to do this.  As many of you may know, I will work with a buyer to the very end to help find a reasonable solution, but this just made me SICK.

Lee Selsmark, who goes by the username lilbrowndog on eBay, contacted me and asked a favor of me.  There was a seller who had some items he/she wanted, but the seller did not ship outside of the USA.  I agreed to buy the item, and ship it to Australia for Lee.

I asked to be paid as a gift through paypal, because, Obviously, this was not a sale for me.  I did not realize the payment was sent as a goods/services payment.

Well, I win the item for Lee, pay for it, and it arrives.  I sent it and it has a tracking number and everything:

LZ351255688US

Please feel free to track it yourself at www.usps.com

Some time goes by and it does not arrive yet.  I don't know why, but I provided the tracking information to Lee.  I also advised not to worry.  Well, this person OPENED A CASE against me, through paypal, because the 45-day time frame was approaching!

I asked Lee, what on earth he/she thought the right thing to do would be if the items did not arrive, because I am not the seller, and I cannot and WILL NOT go after the original seller since the items arrived to me as they were supposed to.  I even offered to refund the first payment if a second was sent (to give an extra 45 days)!  Lee, declined to do that, because he/she was uncomfortable.

I am completely stunned.  I literally just lost money for doing someone a FAVOR.  I did not charge a fee for this, and I get nothing out of it!

So please, everyone, BLOCK this person.  Do NOT help Lee get anymore items from the USA.  Because you will be paying for his/her collection WITH YOUR OWN MONEY!!!!!

*****11/13/2013 UPDATE*****

Lee contacted me a day ago and let me know that the items arrived finally and decided to repay the money.  I am glad that things worked out this way, but there was a catch:  When I received the payment, it was sent as a regular payment (even though I asked for it to be sent as a gift).  This irritated me because again, this was a favor.  Anyhow, I would not recommend helping this person in the future, but I did want to report that payment was made.

Thank you to everyone who responded!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:50:17 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: LEE Selsmark (lilbrowndog) AVOID ALTOGETHER!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »
I'm so sorry this happened to you. There is no excuse for that, you made every effort to help them out and work with them and they repaid you with dishonesty and thievery. I know you hate to post negatively since you are such a nice person, but this is absolutely the kind of thing we need to know. If you are on the tp you might post there also to spread the word.

It's a horrible thing to do to someone. Make sure you update the case with the tracking information.  Keep up updated!

Hmm restricted delivery... Doesn't that mean that no one else but them can get it and they have to go to those office and get it? (I'm not familiar with that service)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:59:53 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:04:23 AM »
Oh my goodness thats not right   :(  I'm so sorry you had to go through this Stormy - especially when you were doing it as a favor to help someone out. Plus there is tracking to prove you sent the stuff and why would Lee feel "uncomfortable" with a refund/repayment to give extra time? :blink: 
Thank you for letting us know what happened. I only hope that somehow things work out in your favor with this case :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 03:52:13 AM »
That's just shocking :shocked: What a terrible person! Makes you not want to help anyone out after that :(
My Wish List

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:11:03 AM »
When they made the dispute with paypal, did you provide the tracking number? Usually if you have a tracking to give they won't side with the buyer :/
I'm sorry she did this to you! It is completely wrong!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:08 AM »
Wow  :shocked:

I honestly am at a loss for words here.  Why on earth would she open a case when she was provided with a tracking number? And what is even more disturbing is Paypal siding with the buyer when it clearly shows the tracking info via USPS.com.

I thought her name sounded familiar because I think I did business with her a long time ago.  So I did a search here and found this thread from awhile back  :huh:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,304535.0.html

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
UGH!  Thanks for the warning!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:21 AM »
so sorry to hear that :( You tried to be so helpfull and then you get this... :hug:

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
It makes me sad, because this person WAS a great buyer at one point.  I just feel completely taken advantage of.  I called paypal and they told me that without proof of arrival, it will be harder to win the case.  I told Lee to send a second payment and I would refund the first one, but he/she did not want to do that.  What I did not understand was that he/she would STILL have been protected by doing that, because a case could have been opened for one of the payments even IF I turned out to be trying to get money from him/her (which I would never do)...

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 04:14:48 AM »
As someone who has done this for people, and had it done for me in return, this really disturbs me! If a package ever went missing with tracking, meh, it'll turn up! It's no-one's fault, especially not the person who DID ME A MASSIVE FAVOR! ergh... how did this person even find you?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:19:50 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
Wow.  I am totally stunned that this "friend" would turn on you like this.  Disgusting.  What is going on with the pony community?  Why are so many people taking advantage of others goodness and generosity.  I'm working through my own lousy situation, where I offer to help someone and I get burned in return.  It's just so ugly when situations like this arise.

I'm so sorry Stormy.  This is just garbage you don't need in your life. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
Added to my blocked list! Thank you for letting us know!   There is no reason to open a case when there's a valid tracking number, the sender has a good reputation, and the sender is communicating openly and frequently.  The lengthy shipping periods are exactly why US and Aussie sellers are not sending to each other as much anymore.  Why doesn't Lee realize this?

I would say if Lee has any integrity, s/he would send you a 2nd full payment once it arrives. But after reading the link ponylady posted, I'm going to guess they're not going to do that, with the excuse that they are somehow entitled to free items because it took longer to deliver than expected.   Sheesh.   So sorry this has happened!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:07:04 AM by ashlyne »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »
WOW!! That is just horrible :(  I have done favors for others and they have done the same for me. It takes one person to ruin it for others. :(

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
Wow.  I am totally stunned that this "friend" would turn on you like this.  Disgusting.  What is going on with the pony community?  Why are so many people taking advantage of others goodness and generosity.  I'm working through my own lousy situation, where I offer to help someone and I get burned in return.  It's just so ugly when situations like this arise.

There is a lot of this going on, sadly...:(

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
Just to update, it has been several days and Lee has not contacted me nor have I been repaid.  Disgraceful.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal